August 22, 2014 | 1051 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product allows me to blowout my hair less and what's not to love about that? By the third day I get greasiness near the root but a few light sprays just by the roots take care of them completely. I can even go a fourth day using this. My hair remains shiny and bouncy since I only spray the roots. I think using this product also gives it body. Love it. Will replace when empty.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Shaypril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product did not help with oil at all. However, after curling my hair I spray this on and my curls will be bouncier, fluffier, and last a little longer. For the price, if not for oil, I recommend getting it if you curl your hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I liked this dry shampoo when I had lighter hair b/c it blended well into it. Now that my hair is darker, I can definitely tell where I sprayed it into my hair. This is well after the fact that I let it sit for a couple minutes, brushed it out, and worked my fingers through it a little bit. Yet I still see white. The smell is nice at first but it starts smelling funny after awhile. I have the purple one I think it's the strengthening one. This is the only dry shampoo I have tried so I'm interested in finding a better one.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this tonight and already HATE this product. Initially it looked like it did something and gave my roots some life and bounce, but they soon fell flat again and now feel dirty. I don't feel like this removed any oil or odor, and I hate that I wasted my $4 on this. I'm going to give the Got 2 Be Encore Finish Dry Shampoo next, and hope that it goes better. This product is NOT worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

i find this product works IF you do not follow the directions. spary in hair and towel dry and THEN brush it out. this works much better. it is not as good as washing your hair of course.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by JennaDearest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have VERY VERY dark (almost black) brown hair that is very healthy and extends to about bra strap level. Since I wash my hair only once or twice a week, dry shampoo is a MUST.

Unlike the other users, I found this very easy to get out of my hair by just fluffing up my roots (brushing wasn't even needed). Being that my hair is so dark and grey looking roots can be a problem with dry shampoo, this was a major plus. However, it was the only good thing about it.

The smell was very generic drugstore shampoo-like and didn't take away the smell of smoke I had in my hair from the party the night before (unlike my beloved Batiste does). Its performance was almost non-existant since it did nothing to absorb any oil from my hair. In the end, I was left with the same oily hair I started.

Sure it's cheap, but pay maybe $2 more, stop by Sally's and get yourself a can of Batiste dry shampoo in Brunette for a product that seriously gets the job done!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by twilighteriz

This product was TERRIBLE. It left my roots looking grey...no matter how hard I tried to brush it out. It made my hair look more greasy when it is supposed to make it look washed. Never buying again!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by shamshea

Very disappointed with this product. The smell is overpowering and not even pleasant. It makes my hair feel heavier rather than lighter, it makes my hair feel dirty. Plus its difficult to brush out and I end up with my roots a lighter colour than the rest of my hair. Everytime I`ve used this product I`ve been grossed out and ended up washing my hair anyways which completely defeats its purpose. TBH kinda put me off dry shampoo all together.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by mimo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had to give this a 5, to counteract all the negative reviews-- I've used Bumble in the past, and that was truly a mess, blackens your hands, leaves grey residue, and an unholy price to boot. This is all it's cracked up to be: left my hair bouncy, shiny, little to no residue, and price is wonderful. Perhaps people were using way too much and spraying too closely?
I wash my hair every 4th day, convinced that over cleansing strips your hair of natural oil (haven't you all experienced the time you were sick and couldn't wash your hair for days...then suddenly, the oil production stabilized and your hair wasn't gross anymore??) Hair is DEAD, so if you washed a fabric everyday, how long till it disintegrated? Consequently, I don't believe in overstyling, brushing, etc.(And I have NO grey hair!)
I actually can't wait till the 3rd or 4th day now to use this--plus I hate cheap scents, and this has a very light, quickly dissipating citrus smell.
Kudos to Tresemme for stating that women spend WAY too much on horribly overpriced products.
BTW, I have NO affiliation with them, just want to set the record straight.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by pinksmoothielover98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All in all, I like this product! I would give this a 3.5 lippies if I could but hey, I'll be nice and bump it up to 4. The one I purchased was just straight to normal, not oily straight to normal. It does reduce the extra oil from my hair, my hair is naturally thin so that is a plus since thin hair is the oily-est hair type. The only thing is it can feel a bit stiff and a tad sticky if not shaken a bunch of times and is sprayed fair away. The smell is quite nice too. Will repurchase when my bottle runs out.