Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 8/14/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

* HG Alert!*
This stuff is wonderful! I recommend it to everyone I know. I've used Jane Iredale, Tarte and BM mineral foundations and Pur Minerals blows them all out of the water. Even without primer, this makes your skin look "finished" in no time. I use the chisel tip brush when I need more coverage (I find the brush coarse and scratchy!) but normally just dust it on with a powder brush, layering a little more if I need it. Sweat proof ( I swear!) and almost flawless at the end of the day, I never touch up. I usually get this BOGO when Ulta has their sale. I pick up blush medium for summer and light for winter/fall. I'm done even trying other things. I'm a lifer now. =)

on 8/14/2011 3:33:00 AM

I purchased this powder at Ulta a few months ago in the "Bestsellers Trio." It came with a travel size powder, brush, and correcting primer. The powder works great on it's own smoothing out the texture of my skin without being heavy or giving me that obvious make-up look which I love. (As an aside, the primer that came along with it is amazing at correcting color issues and smoothing out my skin even more.) I wear the powder almost daily and I'm just now getting to the bottom of the compact which is pretty awesome... I may just stick to buying the trio since it's only $10 and doesn't take up a lot of space in my purse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this at my local Shopper's. In terms of price, I thought it was sort of expensive, personally.. Around $30 plus tax it came to around $40. So that being said, it definitely doesn't come super cheap. But I think it makes sense b/c the quality of the product is wonderful..especially the ingredients which are natural (be even awesomer if they were organic) plus gentle+won't break you out. I really like the packaging and how it includes a mirror and a little whatcha-ma-call-it.. spongey thing? LOL. The spongey thing is for applying the product btw.. o.o. But you don't have to use it, because there is also a brush made by Pur Minerals designed to be used with the compact foundation. Now down to how I like the Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation!
I have been using this for about 6 months now.. it is the first powder I have EVER tried. I put alot of research into the product before I actually bought it, and I have to say I am happy with my purchase and have been re-buying for the past 6 months. In that amount of time I have used around 3 or 4 compacts (I know that is sort of too much lol). Butttttt me likes how it creates a natural look without making it look like you are wearing a bunch of makeup. In terms of coverage, I think it is on the light-medium side. Doesn't cover pimples on it's own, but it does make them less noticeable and does a great job of evening out your skin tone. So if you have moderate-severe acne, you will need something else like a tinted moisturizer/BB cream underneath, or concealer. What I do: Wash your face of course. Put on BB cream to areas that need coverage(Apples of my cheeks is where I get the most of my acne) and spot treating individual pimples. Conceal dark circles w/ BB cream. Then I put all over my face the Pur Minerals Foundation to even everything out, and blend it into my jawline and neck. Viola! :) It leaves my skin with a matte, soft feel.. It absorbs oil pretty well, but if you have oily skin like I do, you may need to reapply a few times throughout the day. Hmm.. in terms of smell, it doesn't rly have one. lol. So emmm yeah that's pretty much it:)

After using this product I will not try another brand of powder,etc. It looks so natural,NEVER cakey no matter how much is put on, and has great coverage.Also,although it is actually of good value because it seems to really last a long time. My complexion seems to have improved after using this as well. I just wish they had a larger variety of colors.

on 7/27/2011 5:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I didn't buy this product, but received a good sized sample from Birchbox. At first I was hesitant to use it because I read reviews on here and saw that it made people break out. My skin is combination and I am always worried about things like that. But I love this product! Just a little bit makes my skin look perfect without any blemishes anything. It even covers under eye circles. Great powder.

on 7/26/2011 8:40:00 PM

From this site I went to Este Lauder and was very satisfied. I bought the moisturizer that you wear under it and I use that still under this product since its a powder. I agree that its all in the application of this product. I bought a flat thin foundation brush and paint it on so its not putting TOO much on my face. I do need a more full coverage to even out my skin tone and cover some trouble areas. I bought this two days ago and today was my first full day wearing it. I was impressed on how it looked at the end of the work day while checking myself out in the car mirror. Even so, I could dab a little on in my trouble areas if need be. I didnt feel "cakey" which I used to feel when I bought studio fix Mac. I'm always on the search for a great summer foundation so I think I'll stick with this putting the Este Lauder foundation on first since I really like that!!!

on 7/22/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I would have to say pur minerals is actually an awesome brand i feel as if before i was using bare and my boyfriend hated it cause it was way to cakey an needed to much just to prep for it so i took longer to get ready im pur all the way less expensive an gets the job done forsure!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to buy a new one and try it again so I could write an accurate review. I tried this 4 years ago and didn't really like it, but I recently saw some pictures of me wearing it back then and my skin looked really good, natural and healthy. I can tell you that back then I had horrible congested, skin with active acne and acne scarring. The reason I didn't like it back then is because I was 19 and wanted a flat/matte looking full coverage obvious foundation look, like MAC studio fix powder on top of the studio fix liquid.

This does offer wonderful coverage while still looking natural (like skin). I hate when foundations offering good coverage end up making my skin look lifeless. I use the brush that it came with in the started kit and it has a tendency to appy too heavily, but I think I just need to perfect my method. I have to say that I don`t find it works as a concealer for me, although they advertise it that way. I have genetic under-eye circles and this does not cover them at all. But I always use a separate concealer for that with my usual foundations so I guess I can`t expect this to cover them. I do find this current formula to be a lot more shimmery than the one I bought years ago. I cannot layer the different products together (foundation, blush, bronzer) without them looking very frosty.

The lasting power is not that great so I would not even consider using this in the summer. I`d like using this in the winter, since it is somewhat moisturizing (shea butter) but I don`t even think it would last a full day then. What I do like this for is going out quickly, like to the mall or going for lunch - you know, places where you aren`t going to put on a full face but can`t exactly go makeupless.

If you want to try this and don`t have super oily skin, it`s definitely worth it. I would recommend getting it off the shopping channel when they have one of their deals because those are definitely a good value. Although I have to say that on the shopping channel in Canada, I don`t like that the models clearly have foundation on BEFORE they start applying this..don`t let that discourage you though. This gives great natural looking coverage. I`d give it a higher rating if it lasted longer.

on 7/19/2011 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my holy grail foundation. I have a large red scar on my chin that has to be covered, yet I hate both traditional liquid foundation and concealer. Pur 4-in-1 is light enough for the rest of my face, it really doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, yet it still completely covers my scar. I buy this again and again, and will continue to for a long time. My only complaint is that I moved away to a town that doesn't have an Ulta, so tracking this down takes planning before I reach the pan.

on 7/16/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

After buying more expensive mineral foundations that looked cakey and artficial I was so dissapointed that I was not going to try a mineral foundation ever. Then I received a sample of Pur in july's Birchbox. I am so impressed with this product. The color match was perfect. It looks natural,is longlasting, is not messy to use. I am using this everyday.