April 17, 2014 | 1731 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't buy this product, but received a good sized sample from Birchbox. At first I was hesitant to use it because I read reviews on here and saw that it made people break out. My skin is combination and I am always worried about things like that. But I love this product! Just a little bit makes my skin look perfect without any blemishes anything. It even covers under eye circles. Great powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by molldoll3

From this site I went to Este Lauder and was very satisfied. I bought the moisturizer that you wear under it and I use that still under this product since its a powder. I agree that its all in the application of this product. I bought a flat thin foundation brush and paint it on so its not putting TOO much on my face. I do need a more full coverage to even out my skin tone and cover some trouble areas. I bought this two days ago and today was my first full day wearing it. I was impressed on how it looked at the end of the work day while checking myself out in the car mirror. Even so, I could dab a little on in my trouble areas if need be. I didnt feel "cakey" which I used to feel when I bought studio fix Mac. I'm always on the search for a great summer foundation so I think I'll stick with this putting the Este Lauder foundation on first since I really like that!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by tatatatina21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would have to say pur minerals is actually an awesome brand i feel as if before i was using bare and my boyfriend hated it cause it was way to cakey an needed to much just to prep for it so i took longer to get ready im pur all the way less expensive an gets the job done forsure!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I really wanted to buy a new one and try it again so I could write an accurate review. I tried this 4 years ago and didn't really like it, but I recently saw some pictures of me wearing it back then and my skin looked really good, natural and healthy. I can tell you that back then I had horrible congested, skin with active acne and acne scarring. The reason I didn't like it back then is because I was 19 and wanted a flat/matte looking full coverage obvious foundation look, like MAC studio fix powder on top of the studio fix liquid.

This does offer wonderful coverage while still looking natural (like skin). I hate when foundations offering good coverage end up making my skin look lifeless. I use the brush that it came with in the started kit and it has a tendency to appy too heavily, but I think I just need to perfect my method. I have to say that I don`t find it works as a concealer for me, although they advertise it that way. I have genetic under-eye circles and this does not cover them at all. But I always use a separate concealer for that with my usual foundations so I guess I can`t expect this to cover them. I do find this current formula to be a lot more shimmery than the one I bought years ago. I cannot layer the different products together (foundation, blush, bronzer) without them looking very frosty.

The lasting power is not that great so I would not even consider using this in the summer. I`d like using this in the winter, since it is somewhat moisturizing (shea butter) but I don`t even think it would last a full day then. What I do like this for is going out quickly, like to the mall or going for lunch - you know, places where you aren`t going to put on a full face but can`t exactly go makeupless.

If you want to try this and don`t have super oily skin, it`s definitely worth it. I would recommend getting it off the shopping channel when they have one of their deals because those are definitely a good value. Although I have to say that on the shopping channel in Canada, I don`t like that the models clearly have foundation on BEFORE they start applying this..don`t let that discourage you though. This gives great natural looking coverage. I`d give it a higher rating if it lasted longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 4:18:00 AM More reviews by suchacharmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail foundation. I have a large red scar on my chin that has to be covered, yet I hate both traditional liquid foundation and concealer. Pur 4-in-1 is light enough for the rest of my face, it really doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, yet it still completely covers my scar. I buy this again and again, and will continue to for a long time. My only complaint is that I moved away to a town that doesn't have an Ulta, so tracking this down takes planning before I reach the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After buying more expensive mineral foundations that looked cakey and artficial I was so dissapointed that I was not going to try a mineral foundation ever. Then I received a sample of Pur in july's Birchbox. I am so impressed with this product. The color match was perfect. It looks natural,is longlasting, is not messy to use. I am using this everyday.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Golden-medium = dull and dark. It also gave me monster zits. Not a fan!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by luliecoonie

I love this product! bare minerals left my skin looking really cakey but pur minerals works wonders for my skin. i also like that its a pressed powder, i hate using bare minerals because the powder goes everywhere and i would constantly be spilling all over my shirt! I've also never had a powder foundation that looked so natural. and i agree with a review i read earlier, after the powder sets it looks amazing. and i just dab or lightly rub if i sweat and it stays. im extremely cheap and think everything is expensive but i believe im getting a good value using this. i love this product! i know its not for every skin type but you should give it a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Kiki34D

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works way better than Bare Minerals. Bare Minerals leaves an ashy look to my skin. This doesn't. I wear the Deep.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As much as I hate to admit it, I actually kind of like this. Kind of. I can use the lightest shade which by looking at it in the pan I thought it would be too dark for me, but when its applied, it goes on lighter and matches quite well for me. I like that its not a yellow undertone but more of a true pink porcelain shade, which many brands do not do.

The base of this product is mica, which I have a love/hate relationship with. The Mica is going to be extremely reflective, so I wouldn't use this if you are going to be photographed. Its a shiny particle, so since I lean towards very oily, I don't really want to look shinier than I already am. I can usually get past this by just doing a dusting of a rice powder or something of the like on top.

They use shea butter as a binder to keep everything in the pan. If you have dry skin, you will probably really love this. But for me, I simply can not wear this product in the summertime. I feel like it starts to feel greasy on my face within about 20 minutes. The problem with the shea butter is that its melting point is between 89-95 degrees Fahrenheit. The average temperature of human skin is about 91 degrees and thats just in a normal climate. Meaning, the shea butter in this is going to go soft and squishy on your face at the first sight of any body heat.

Let's speak to the size and price. The price of these is $26 for 8 grams, which on the surface seems like a pretty reasonable price. Making this $3.25/gram. Let's compare it to other powder foundations who also use shea butter as their binder and are basically the same type of product. NP Set Pasarella Powder Foundation is $30 for 11 grams (or about $2.72/gram). Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation is $28 for about 9.6 grams (or about $2.91/gram), but you still have to buy the compact to put the refill in for an extra $14 (however having a reuseable compact reduces unnesessary waste). If you compare size to price, its actually more expensive than the other two.

My only other comment is regards to color selection. They could do a better job in the darker shades, which are all very red in tone. I wish companies would get it through their skulls that not all women of color are RED. They could do a bunch better by having darker shades that are neutral or olive in undertone. But Pur is no better or worse in this regard, every other brand fails in this respect as well.