September 2, 2014 | 954 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by linnetchia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG. I love it and the customer service is outstanding. Jus today a beautician was working on my eyebrows when i told her that I have a patch of dark spot right on my cheek. She said she wouldn't have been able to see if i I hadn't told her. And she asked what concealer I used. Lucy Minerals is that awesome. (I had foundation in Light applied w a concealer brush and covered it over with foundation in Bisque which is my colour match). BM which I used for several years, was never able to do that.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by TheSarahMaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is descent but is definitely not for me, my skin looked like it had powder all over it and it also accentuated my pores. I used a little bit and it still did not look natural. I tried both the original formula and both oil control formulas and my skin still looked really oily after an hour. I have to say it had good coverage and i am disappointed that this product did not give me the same results as it did for the other people who have used it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by kh0215

I have been using these products for about a week. I am so far pretty pleased with all that I purchased. I bought a "set" that included a foundation, a blush, finishing powder, 2 eyeshadows and 2 brushes for 54.00.
The product does wear different than other mineral makeup. I noticed that it blends better and it does not make my face itch as EDM did. I also love the fact that the foundtaion color matches my skin tone very well. Which for me is amazing- I am a medium olive. BM left me looking like I had a mask on.
I have yet to find a product that remains on my face for a full day. This one lasts about 5 hours and so far that is a pretty good run.
Customer service was amazing, I am lucky enough that I live local and this boutique is right around the corner. Or maybe that is not lucky for me or my wallet....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Gia_milano

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

seriously amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by AllisonWunderland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is some serious foundation! It's right up there in coverage & texture with True mineral foundation (my HG), but a whole lot cheaper. I have a fair/light, neutral complexion (NC20 except a bit less yellow) and the Light shade is perfect for me. The coverage is very good, it's pretty easy to apply too much so using a good brush is essential. It covers flaws very well without sinking into lines or making dry skin look flaky or ashy. Every time I wear it people comment on how velvety and pretty my skin looks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ordered sample sizes of three shades for $1.50 each and no s/h. I like the texture and coverage of this product and will definitely order a full size. I ordered shell beige, light, and bisque. Bisque is the closest to my skin and the Shell beige would be great for summer. I think another reviewer mentioned this as well. I am fair-medium with redness in my cheek area. You really can't lose trying this product out.

UPDATE: 1-16-12. I have ordered full sizes and some brushes since they had a special at the end of the year. Some of the brushes are good; some aren't. The flat brush is nice but can leave too much power so you have to really blend it. I change my mind about bisque being a match; it's a bit in the orange range. The fair shade is almost whitish which makes my under eyes look more wrinkly. I try to blend them both to work and my kabuki brushes work better with this powder. I received some shadows as well as although they look dark leave a nice color wash on lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Facet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so happy I found LM! Finally a foundation that matches my skin, I cant believe it. After 10 years of gross yellow and pinkyness! On top of that it covers any redness I have, which sometimes is a lot, it doesnt break my hyper-sensitive skin out, it stays put, it does a fairly good job controlling shine (i have the OCC formula) and the price is great! Im in love.

Being pale to the point where my skin is basically off white during the winter, needless to say Its been hard (I was beginning to suspect it was impossible) to find a foundation that matches my skin. No liquid foundation Ive ever tried has been able to do this so I was thrilled when I finally stumbled upon mineral makeup in the form of EDM. Ive been using their intensive formula in fair neutral for quite some time thinking this will probably ever be my only option since it seems no company is willing to make foundation for us REALLY pale girls. At first I was just loving the fact Id found a foundation light enough for my skin, ignoring the fact that the undertone was slightly too cool for me and that the staying power and coverage wasnt all that great.

Then reading another pale girl's blog I found out about Lucy Minerals. I did some research and decided to give it a try and I do not regret it!
During summer Ive been able to use this in pale olive and get away with it without my face looking a lot darker than the rest of me. Now that whatever colour my face had gotten in the sun is starting to fade I just mix a little bit of snow white with the pale olive and Im good to go.
Since Im so light Ive also never been able to find a concealer that is lighter than my foundation to brighten dark circles etc. With this I just mix a little bit more of the snow white in, blend together with some moisturiser and voila!

Im yet to figure out the best way for me to apply this wet, mostly for fun though since it covers amazingly when dry but other than that I only have good things to say about this product!

Thank you so much Lucy Minerals for making my perfect shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by michellemk

LOVE THIS!!!!! The coverage is awesome! Better than any other foundation I have used. I was using EDM intensive formula foundation... went to re-order, and found out they don't make it anymore. I'm so glad that they stopped making it, since I discovered Lucy Minerals while looking for a replacement! Lucy Minerals covers as well (maybe better) as Revlon colorstay. I like lucy minerals better since you don't have to worry about demarkation lines! It looks so natural, but covers everything! Yayyyy!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lucy oil control minerals actually stay on all day. Better yet, it matches, has great coverage, is water resistant, and looks like skin. It also washes off like a dream. This is very close to a miracle!

I'm an nc15-20 and I match to cream, but pale olive is good for my winter skin. The OCS and OCC formulas are pure awesomeness for very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by amardjo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this Lucy Minerals. It's my new favourite, even better than Silk Naturals. I decided to try Lucy Minerals becuase I don't like to mix my Silk Naturals Foundation.

I have been using Cream Bisque OCC foundation and OCC Finishing Powder for 1 week.I am NC30. My skin is combination and has eczema around my nose area. I don't know why and how, but it seems that Lucy Minerals helps to calm my eczema. Maybe, it's the antioxidant. No new acne, so it's good too. Oil controlling is not so much, but it's fine as long as it can help my eczema. If you are an eczema sufferer, you know how bad eczema can be. So, anything that can help is good.

I experienced the cakiness if I applied too much foundation. But when, I apply less, it's just perfect.

For Lucy Mineral creator, please don't discontinue or change the ingredients. It's just PERFECT.