December 21, 2014 | 1730 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by harmonyjensen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This products had a definite learing curve, but I'm happy to say that I love Lucy! I heard about this mineral makeup from watching YouTube videos on how to apply my previous foundation, Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation. I always found the BE to look dry, cakey, and patchy. It make my face look dull and dirty. I ordered Lucy's Oil Control Foundation with Calcium Carbonate (OCC) in Cream. I like that their shade selections include cool, neutral, olive, and yellow based foundations. The Cream is a pale, yellow based foundation. It's a pretty good match for me since it's winter and I'm super pale. The day I received the foundation, the site was running holiday specials and I bought the kit that came with one foundation, a finishing powder, blush, and your choice of two liner, eyeshadows, or brow powder. This time I purchased the foundation in Creamy Bisque, which is the same tone as Cream, but darker. This will be perfect for summer. I also got the OCC Finishing Powder. When I first started using this, it frustrated me because it would look so cakey and shiny within the first 15 minutes of applying. It would settle in the corners of my nose and look patchy. I changed my moisturizer from Solvere to Jojoba Oil and holy cow did that make a difference!! Now the foundation melts into my skin and looks flawless. I can use this as concealer too and it completely covers my moderate acne scars on my cheeks. I'm on Retin-A right now and my skin is pretty dry and this does highlight the flakes on my chin, but after 30 minutes or so, the flakes go away. This definitely needs to warm up on your skin to look its best. After much trial and error, I've figured out how to apply this on my skin. Here's how I do my foundation:
1. I pat two drops of Jojoba Oil on my damp face and let that soak in for a few minutes.
2. I use the EcoTools Bronzer Brush to lightly dust on the finishing powder. I find this step to be important because it acts as a primer and controls oil so much better.
3. I then tap out the foundation into a little cup. I literally use one tap. You need much less of this foundation than other MMU. I swirl my Sigma Flat Top Kabuki into the foundation and buff it onto my cheeks first, since that's where I need the most coverage. I then use the last bit in my cup to buff the foundation onto my nose, chin, and forehead. 4. I conceal with the EcoTools concealer brush. I just pick up a little of the minerals and pat it onto my acne scars. This does work to cover larger pimples too, but be careful not to use to much because it will look cakey later.
5. After I've concealed, I let it sit for a few minutes while I define my brows, curl my eyelashes, etc. Then I dust on a little more finishing powder over my face and I'm good to go!

I definitely recommend this foundation. The color selection is great and the samples are large and cheap. They also run amazing specials on kits. It's worth a try!
UPDATE: My face has been flaking pretty bad recently because I increased my application of Retin A and it's winter where I live. Even my hands are flakey! I've found that when I buff the Lucy into my skin with my kabuki, it makes the flakes look 10x worse and they don't go away after the foundation warms. I bought some of the flocked powder puffs from Walmart, which are velvety on one side and a sponge on the other. They come in a three pack and fit perfectly into the Lucy lids. I used the velvet side this morning to gently pat the foundation into my face. This worked really well and didn't upset my flakes at all! I just tip the jar over once with the puff over the sifter and it was the perfect amount. Just an FYI if you're dry or don't like to use brushes. The puffs were $1.47 for 3.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by AllWhoWander

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

GREAT mineral foundation, best I have ever tried. Covers my horrid rosacea and marks and undereye circles with ease. Looks a bit mask-like the first few minutes on (maybe I applied too much) but then melts into the face and looks just incredible. Like my own skin only way better. Fast shipping, and a bonus of a free pigment sample too! Really you ladies MUST try at least a few samples of this mineral foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Addicted90

Amazing is all I can say!! I would recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by vhirsh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Lucy! Being over 50, I thought my mineral makeup days were over. I always looked dry and patchy with BM, Youngblood, Skinn, Serious Skincare, Sheer Cover, I've tried a lot. I went back to liquid and creams. I do love Eve Pearl HD foundation. But I tried Lucy from the great reviews. It didn't disappoint. I'm sort of light -medium. I bought shell beige and med. (they do have samples but when for the gusto and tried the big ones) Shell Beige is a perfect match. Med is a bit deeper but good to mix for summer. I got it with their flat top brush. I've been wearing everyday and I love the way it covers and looks natural. Less is more and keep buffing in. I do put a little primer on first and it really gives me a flawless look. Very impressed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by linnetchia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG. I love it and the customer service is outstanding. Jus today a beautician was working on my eyebrows when i told her that I have a patch of dark spot right on my cheek. She said she wouldn't have been able to see if i I hadn't told her. And she asked what concealer I used. Lucy Minerals is that awesome. (I had foundation in Light applied w a concealer brush and covered it over with foundation in Bisque which is my colour match). BM which I used for several years, was never able to do that.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by TheSarahMaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is descent but is definitely not for me, my skin looked like it had powder all over it and it also accentuated my pores. I used a little bit and it still did not look natural. I tried both the original formula and both oil control formulas and my skin still looked really oily after an hour. I have to say it had good coverage and i am disappointed that this product did not give me the same results as it did for the other people who have used it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by kh0215

I have been using these products for about a week. I am so far pretty pleased with all that I purchased. I bought a "set" that included a foundation, a blush, finishing powder, 2 eyeshadows and 2 brushes for 54.00.
The product does wear different than other mineral makeup. I noticed that it blends better and it does not make my face itch as EDM did. I also love the fact that the foundtaion color matches my skin tone very well. Which for me is amazing- I am a medium olive. BM left me looking like I had a mask on.
I have yet to find a product that remains on my face for a full day. This one lasts about 5 hours and so far that is a pretty good run.
Customer service was amazing, I am lucky enough that I live local and this boutique is right around the corner. Or maybe that is not lucky for me or my wallet....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Gia_milano

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

seriously amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by AllisonWunderland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is some serious foundation! It's right up there in coverage & texture with True mineral foundation (my HG), but a whole lot cheaper. I have a fair/light, neutral complexion (NC20 except a bit less yellow) and the Light shade is perfect for me. The coverage is very good, it's pretty easy to apply too much so using a good brush is essential. It covers flaws very well without sinking into lines or making dry skin look flaky or ashy. Every time I wear it people comment on how velvety and pretty my skin looks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ordered sample sizes of three shades for $1.50 each and no s/h. I like the texture and coverage of this product and will definitely order a full size. I ordered shell beige, light, and bisque. Bisque is the closest to my skin and the Shell beige would be great for summer. I think another reviewer mentioned this as well. I am fair-medium with redness in my cheek area. You really can't lose trying this product out.

UPDATE: 1-16-12. I have ordered full sizes and some brushes since they had a special at the end of the year. Some of the brushes are good; some aren't. The flat brush is nice but can leave too much power so you have to really blend it. I change my mind about bisque being a match; it's a bit in the orange range. The fair shade is almost whitish which makes my under eyes look more wrinkly. I try to blend them both to work and my kabuki brushes work better with this powder. I received some shadows as well as although they look dark leave a nice color wash on lids.