Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 4/20/2014 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This mascara didn't work for me at all. A lot of friends use this and they absolutely love it. However, I had no luck.

First of all, I'm used to using plastic wands. Those work the best for me, but I wanted to try a bristle wand to see if maybe it will work better.

I got absolutely no volume or length. It literally just coated my lashes with black. I tried using this wand so many different ways, but I couldn't get it to look right. I even tried three coats, which I never do, but the mascara never look right.

The worst part about this mascara was that it irritated my eyes. But the end of my day, the mascara was flaking into my eyes and they were extremely red and watery. Usually I don't have a problem with Maybelline mascaras, but this irritated me so badly.

on 4/18/2014 9:15:00 AM

I don't even bother with other mascaras anymore because this just does it all for me. You definitely have to curl your lashes beforehand. If you dont, your lashes will tend to droop as its a pretty thick formula. It doesn't feel heavy on the eyes, though. I just love it, I'm on my fifth tube!

on 4/13/2014 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have been trying all kinds of mascara recently and I ended up going back to this one. Honestly, I should have just stuck with it and saved my money. It doesn't add a ton of volume but it lengthens better than any mascara I have tried, its also great for sensitive eyes and contact wearers like me. I haven't tried the waterproof version yet because I find this one has amazing staying power and never flakes on me. Overall, its an awesome mascara worth every penny.

on 4/10/2014 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This mascara is seriously good for anyone with shorter lashes! And it claims to fill in gaps on your lash line, well, this stuff does the trick! I highly recommend :) I like Very Black the best!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

pretty good mascara:) bought this really really wanting to like it and I do. there are occasionally some clumps but overall I really like it

on 4/8/2014 4:30:00 PM

Had a tube of this and it worked pretty well on keeping my curl! had to wait for it to slightly dry before i really liked it. only con for me was that it kinda flaked a bit

wasnt too good for putting on several coats though.

on 4/8/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My lashes are stick straight and they did not hold my curl! As soon as I put it on, my lashes drooped. Very disappointed

on 4/1/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It gets one lippie from me, only because I can't give it zero!

It's just a hot mess from the get-go. The brush is too curved and ends up touching my skin every time I apply this stuff. But that's not the worst part.... The worst part is the clumping. Big clumps, little clumps, clumps stuck to my lashes, clumps falling on my cheeks.

There's just no way to make this stuff work me for me. Between the brush touching my skin when I apply and then clumps falling on my cheeks... it's a disaster.

I wouldn't use this again if someone paid me, let alone buy it again myself.!!

Oh and for the record, I have used this mascara several times over the past month or so. I gave it a chance to thicken up (as some other reviews suggested), but it just hasn't improved at all.

on 3/31/2014 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

An oldie, but goodie. You hear about with mascara er'where I tell you . The truth is it's worth the hype. This lengthens and defines my lashes. There is often too much product on the brush, but nothing a little wipe can't fix,giving me just the right amount. The curved part of the brush helps curl my lashes, too. The formula is right in the middle, not too wet or dry. Man, this makes my lashes just look "false" in general. This is for a more dramatic look. It doesn't smudge, but it flakes a bit. (only thing I don't like). This isn't my favorite out of the 'volum express line, but it deserves 4 lippies!

on 3/28/2014 9:20:00 PM

Okay, so there was a lot of hype about this 'falsies' mascara by maybeline. I went and purchased it ($8 where I live) and went home to try it out. I bought it expecting it to be the mother of all mascara's... but it wasn't quite. I started applying it and it gave my lashes minimal length... And as far as volume goes... My lashes were a solid black mess at the base. So minimal length, and pretty strange volume antics. I mean, if you didn't apply a lot, it'd be totally fine. Your lashes would look a wee but longer and a bit wider... But more than one coat and it gets out of hand. This could have just been my lashes because they're naturally long, but rather slim... This was just my experience with it. I personally like 'The Rocket' better.