April 24, 2014 | 926 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mudra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a serious mascara junkie. I've tried almost every brand, including the more expensive ones. I always avoided Maybelline because I hated Great Lash so much, but when I asked my hairstylist what made her lashes so amazing, she said she wore The Falsies. I tried it for myself and surprisingly it was pretty awesome!

Since then I've tried a few other new brands, including Benefit They're Real!, and this is still my old standby. It does flake a little by the end of the day, but isn't bad for me. It makes my lashes look really full and dark, just like I prefer. I've bought 3-4 tubes of this by now and it may be my HG mascara. I also liked Dior Show and Buxom mascaras, but The Falsies is less gloppy than Dior Show (and a tube lasts way longer) and it gives more lash fullness than Buxom.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Arrington0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara seems to have many good reviews but I honestly HATE it. Its very clumpy and leaves my lashes looking just terrible. It also doesn't hold curls at all. My lashes are a little on the short side and they're also quiet thin. Plus i never achieved the falsies look that it was said to be given. I like my mascara to add length and volume which these did not. In my opinion, i'm guessing people who have longer lashes would enjoy this better compard to those with short lashes. On the other hand; I didn't like the flexible wand but the only thing that I did like was that it curved to the shape of your lashes. But thats about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by AshleyForever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! Really good. This is my first mascara so i wont really have a accurate review but in my opinion, this is great! My eyelashes are already dark, but this makes them even darker. It lengthens like i expected and adds some volume. The only thing is my lashes gets a bit tangled. But I really like this, once I know how to put it on. I wont buy again until later on because like i said, this is my first mascara and there are others waiting to be tried! ; D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Decent enough mascara but didn't do what I wanted it to do. It separates the lashes pretty well and does actually give the appearance of false eyelashes. The flexible wand is pretty cool. Doesn't add much in the way of volume or length in my opinion. It's true you must have good eyelashes to begin with.
This might be good for someone who prefers separated doll-like lashes. I much prefer the rocket volume mascara to suit my needs.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

This mascara is only good if you have HUGE eyes and HUGE lashes, I don't know why maybelline insist on making massive wands because they just go on your eyelids or sides of your eye, the formula is also very wet, so it won't hold any type of curl if you need to curl your lashes! I never got the "falsie" effect, just wet, straight lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by JiangLihua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG OMG OMG I just love this mascara!!!! I think it's like..the best mascara I've ever tried(I think it's even better than the MAC mascara I bought some months ago). This mascara makes my lashes muuuuch longer and fuller - not to the point of looking like fake lashes, but just enough to make my eyes look beautiful and much more expressive.
It lasts all day (at least for me), but it's kinda hard to remove it :/ It smudged a little, but it was nothing thaaaaat visible(I don't think I've ever bought a mascara that didn't smudge on my face, so I don't really care about this part).
Anyways, I loved this mascara. It's not expensive and it makes my eyelashes look fabulous, so I'd definitely be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by saltyandsweet55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My go to mascara almost everyday I wear this mascara. Words can't explain how much I'm in love will this mascara. The brush is amazing it help give so much volume. The formula is not wet or runny. It really looks like fake lashes. The packaging is really basic which I love. I'm going to try the waterproof one and see which one is better and yes I will buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

I was at first a bit reluctant to try this mascara because a lot of people seem to have given it pretty good reviews and it might just be all hype. But so far, so good! It makes my lashes look so much longer and keeps the curl of my eyelashes up unlike many mascaras I've tried! This might be because of the wet, more liquid-like consistency of the mascara, it's not heavy and thick. However, compared to other volumising mascaras I've tried, I feel like this is not as good in creating more lash volume. But I guess that might be one con of having a lighter-consistency mascara? But nonetheless I like this! It definitely opens up the eyes if that's what you're looking for!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Stishy

Amazing mascara, really is true to its name (falsies!)

Pros:
- Easy to apply
- Looks great
- Did not clump

Cons:
- Flaked a little over time

I found this to be a great mascara, would definitely purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I liked how the product made my lashes look, there are far too many cons to this mascara:

1. It's very wet.

2. It clumped up on the brush (which I wish was a bit thicker) which made it tougher to apply.

3. It smeared terribly (I guess because of how wet it is it takes forever to dry).

4. Also, the smell is very strong, almost paint-like.

Would I buy it again? Sure but it wouldn't be my first choice mascara.