Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

on 5/17/2014 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE thIS MASCARA! Kind of clumpy sometimes though

on 5/17/2014 1:41:00 AM

I am a mascara hoarder. The moment I ran out of the "Cat Eyes" mascara, I immediately went to my drawer to try out "Falsies." The packaging is similar to most all drugstore mascaras, but the purple stood out to me. The unique spoon-shaped brush reminded me of the old fashioned trick my grandma used to curl her lashes with her spoons; therefore, I thought that feature was very interesting. Falsies was truly a hassle to take off, I would have to use more than one cotton pad. I am not one to waste a product, so I tried different techniques daily. I found that only putting on one coat was sufficient. Two coats of this mascara will lead to clumping and massive flakes! Ahh!

All in all, the mascara was errr....average. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because of the tedious removal process. I understand water proof mascaras being hard to take off, but theres no excuse for one coat of normal mascara.

on 5/7/2014 2:50:00 PM

This is the ONLY mascara that gets me compliments. I have long lashes but they are quite straight. Maybelline The Falsies really add length and volume for me!! Love love it! The only down side of this mascara is that it *sometimes* smudges on my lower lid which idk the reason why. Also it's abit pricey in SG ($20.90). I got this when I was traveling in the Philippines for maybe abt half the price only (Not sure abt this because I bgt both the Rocket & Falsies which totaled to be SG$18)

on 5/6/2014 3:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

OK, so I was looking for a mascara that would give me the false lash look. I tried L'Oreal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara before this one and liked it but wanted to try this so I did. Its just ok, not great. I like the Loreal better. This one is not volumizing like it says but it does give a little more length. I didn't like that it made my lashes look spaced so far apart. It s very wet to start with. I did find a great use for it tho. The Loreal really needs a regular mascara applied before you put it on, it just seems to work better and this seems to work better for that than just regular mascara so it's not like it will be wasted. Price and package are great, the wand is ok once you learn how to use it.

on 5/3/2014 1:40:00 PM

i would def buy this mascara again and i recommend it to everyone because with this you cant go wrong!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

One word- amazing. I love the liquid like consistency since it glides onto my lashes without quickly drying and clumping. My lashes end up looking like perfectly styled baby doll lashes. Love this stuff. A plus is that I don't poke my eye with the wand. It's easy to remove with eye make up remover, yet it lasts all day. It even held up during heavy rain days when I refused to carry an umbrella.

I liked this mascara. I definitely would buy it again.

on 4/23/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So much hype and heard PLENTY of good reviews online & from friends. Unfortunately, my eyelids are super oily even with good primers. So far only japanese film / tube type of mascara work for me. As far as this goes.... It just doesn't work. Smudges within a few hours. And it's too watery. FYI, I have purchased the waterproof version. But doesn't mean that it is smudgeproof. Anyways, ON TO THE NEXT ONE!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is One of the few mascaras I've repurchased more than twice and I think it works pretty good for what it costs

It kind of loses it's "life" after 2 months and though I know u should throw mascaras away after 3 months or so I dont do that I usually throw them out when they become too dry which is about half a year to eight months depending on how often I use it, ( I've been doing this for a while and nothing bad has happened to me either )

For that reason i kind of dont like it but hey this isnt that expensive so it doesn't matter

Other than that I like how it looks like with one or maybe two coats, any more than that and it clumps so bad :( for this reason i usually wear this on days when I want something lighter (which is kind of everyday)

on 4/20/2014 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This mascara didn't work for me at all. A lot of friends use this and they absolutely love it. However, I had no luck.

First of all, I'm used to using plastic wands. Those work the best for me, but I wanted to try a bristle wand to see if maybe it will work better.

I got absolutely no volume or length. It literally just coated my lashes with black. I tried using this wand so many different ways, but I couldn't get it to look right. I even tried three coats, which I never do, but the mascara never look right.

The worst part about this mascara was that it irritated my eyes. But the end of my day, the mascara was flaking into my eyes and they were extremely red and watery. Usually I don't have a problem with Maybelline mascaras, but this irritated me so badly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials