October 1, 2014 | 2029 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this powder, and I own MANY! First, the powder is silky, and sheer and just seems to meld with skin, so it's so natural looking. Second, it holds up well on my super oily tzone, and third it doesn't break out my breakout prone skin. I haven't yet tried it on it's own as a foundation but I will update when I do, but rather I love it as an excellent regular pressed powder...I apply it over my KMF Tinted Moisturizer. It is kinda pricey for drugstore makeup, but it's well worth it! Spf too, yay! Did I mention the compact is absolutely adorable, all the way down to the hot pink sponge??? A+

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by calbal

Ive gone through makeup like no other, especially powder foundations, since i have such acne prone skin. I have used bare minerals, urban decay, mac, clinique, etc you name it, I saw this product and really wanted it more for the sun protection. I never would have guessed it would cover up so well and actually last as long as it does! It's way cheaper than the other products and works way better, and the best benefit is the spf50. Love love love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by lotsapink

I hope Physician's Formula keeps this product on the market by next summer because it was a godsend this particular summer! My skin is pretty oily and acne-prone, and I don't wear regular foundation during the summer. This stuff stayed in place, and I was grateful for the SPF50. It even did the job during my amusement park runs (only needed one touch-up).

If it won't be around next summer, I'm stocking up for next year.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by xoopsyxdaizyx

I am on my second compact of this stuff. I absolutely love it. I use to work for MAC & I get a discount at the store, so for me to try something else outside of the MAC brand is rare. I'm so glad this caught my eye. It is smooth, silky & build-able. Feels awesome on my skin. I use a brush when applying in the morning, but touch up with the super cute sponge a couple times a day when needed. This powder has survived the hottest of hot summers on my skin. Ive even noticed it absorbs oil in my skin better than pretty much any other powder foundation I've tried. When I use Studio Fix, my face is oily within an hour or 2, and then when I touch up with it, it just looks so caked on. Not with this stuff. I got 'Translucent Light' & it blends in perfectly with my porcelain skin. I would most definitely recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by medstudent2be

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So yes this powder foundation is very close to my sheer matte pressed powder by clinique! Im not going to say it is a dupe for it but it does similar things for my skin in terms of coverage. I have it in translucent medium and its perfect...note my skin is tan/medium. Smooth application and also a fantastic range of protective features against UV light. I have used it mainly as sheer coverage but I believe you should be able to build it to a medium coverage. It has not broken me out as it is free of many baddies like parabens haha! Try it out! Plus packaging is ultra cute....orange & hot hot pink!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have rarely this as a sole sun protection, but on some occasions I have gotten stuck in a sunny place with only this in my purse, it has worked fine. But no full days at the beach, so I don't know how effective it is.
    As a powder I am very impressed. The lightest color is light enough for pale me, and it doesn't get cakey, even after reapplying several times. It does tend to make my face shiny in some places, but that happens with many powders even though I have dry skin. Funny enough it doesn't happen when I don't wear powder. But as it is not cakey, a quick swipe every couple of hours (when you are supposed to reapply sunscreen anyway) takes care of that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by aphoticandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product (Translucent Light) because I was in need of another good spf to add to my daily routine. I have very fair skin, so the more I can add the better.
    The packaging is cute, but pretty bulky for the amount of product you actually get.
    The product itself is quite soft for being a pressed powder and has quite a bit of fall out and mess after you use it (with a brush that is.. the sponge applicator that comes with it is a good sponge but not great to apply this product with.)
    This product has very good coverage for a powder foundation.
    Now I tried this out a few ways (all my summer only routines):
    First - tinted moisturizer with spf, concealer where needed and this on top. But I found that this has a lot of coverage for a powder and it ended up being to heavy (with all listed here) for a hot summer full day and it ended up caking through the day.
    Second - I tried with a plain spf moisturizer, concealer in minimal areas and this on top and perfect. It gave me a very nice coverage and lasted all day with minimal touch ups.
    I don't wear heavy foundations during the summer because where I live it gets very hot and humid and I dont want to look like I'm melting half way through the day (it's just gross). Even after a few hours with this product, I can get slightly 'dewy' looking, but not heavy on the oil and the product doesn't slide around or cake on my face. I use an oil removing sheet and then touch up with a bit more powder on my nose once a day and it that's it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by xSki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! It covers my whole face routine everyday (foundation,concealer, powder, and spf 50 bonus). I fold the pink sponge it comes with, dip it in the powder, and apply to areas that need most coverage. Then, I take a kabuki/flat top and buff it onto my face. Overall, that only takes my like 2 minutes. Coverage with a kabuki/flat top: light to medium-heavy, coverage with the sponge: heavy. As for the good coverage, it doesn't feel heavy at all. In fact, I don't ever feel like I have anything on. For a powder, I first expected it to be really cakey and hard to layer, but it proved me wrong. No matter how much I layer, it never cakes. I got this on sale for $9. Will definantly repurchase. Need to try the tinted moisturizer next.

Pros:
    Buildable
    Lots of coverage
    doesn't cake
    easy and quick
    mattifies skin
    covers imperfections decently

Cons:
    A little expensive for a drugstore product, retails about $15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 4:31:00 AM More reviews by monicaking77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Cute packaging (orange/hot pink) although a bit bulky/tacky. The SPF 50 is what lured me. However, I really dislike this powder. It's really heavy and chalky and looks cake-y no matter what. Maybe I'm not applying it correctly, but I just don't like it. I'll still keep it around for the SPF, but I definitely won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by MUgirl10

I really wanted to like this foundation because of the SPF 50. However, the packaging was excessive (the compact was inside a big plastic see-through box). There is a tiny square that shows the color, so you have to guess which is the best for you. I chose translucent medium. When I put it on, it was invisible. I thought nothing got on the pink sponge, so I wiped my face with some tissue and sure enough the tissue was orange. I continued to put this product all over my face by scraping the foundation with the pink sponge, but it still appeared invisible. It gave me no coverage at all. I've tried tons of foundations: Revlon Colorstay, L'oreal Infallible, L'oreal True Match, MUFE velvet matte, Mac Studio, Shiseido Sheer Matifying Foundation and this was the worst. At $14.99 this was a waste of money.