July 24, 2014 | 1902 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not really a lipstick girl and this is my first nude shade so maybe I'm not the best person to review soft nude!

However...I'm really loving this lipstick. A lot. I'm very fair with slight yellow undertones and rosy red (rosacea) cheeks. I don't know why but somehow this lipstick looks good on me! I think that it might be because it has pink/orange undertones. There's no ruddiness or brown in the slightest.

I love the texture. Very creamy and soft. It dried my lips out a little bit, but not that badly. I'm used to wearing just lip balm all the time so that's probably why ;)

It doesn't last long though and as it fades my lips get dry/creased/cakey....so thats why it gets a 3. I'm OK with lipsticks not lasting as long as they fade nicely.

No sparkles but it's not matte either which to me, is essential for a good nude. It's sophisticated, simple and understated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I've had this lipstick for maybe a year or so and like many have already stated, it's a great alternative to MAC Myth or MAC Creme d' Nude. Despite it is a very light shade, the formula is very smooth and creamy and although it's pigmented, it doesn't BLOCK out the color of your lips like Myth does. I can't wear Myth by itself, but I can wear Soft Nude solo without it washing me out. What stinks about this lipstick though is, because the formula is very creamy - mine melted within a week of purchasing it. I might end up tossing mine and purchasing a new one. I rarely grab for this lipstick because it's a mess when I open it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by PopRocksAndGummiBears

Im not a fan of MAC Myth because its way too drying no matter what i do. Soft Nude is more of a peach nude rather than a pinky nude like myth is. Soft nude is really pigmented, non drying + has a slight glossy finish. I love Revlons chic packaging, i want to buy many more lipsticks/glosses from the colorburst line. Im a NW20 and this sort of washes me out on its own, so i add a nude gloss or use this as a base for other lipglosses. I will buy this again

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I disliked this product immensely. I have a nice natural lip color--not too dark nor too light--and Revlon Colorburst in Soft Nude looked horrific on me. It looked like the greasiest, waxiest most unnatural pink concealer on my lips. I looked like I had been violently ill and dehydrated for days--sickly. To be fair, I've come to the realization that I cannot wear nude/light colored lip products at all, but this one was particularly terrible. I even tried using it with the Colorstay Natural lip liner to try and cover up my natural lip color, but it just looked like I didn't have any lips at all. Bizarre. Now I'm stuck with both--into the makeup graveyard they go.....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by nayanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be quiet honest my review is not for Revlon ColourBurst 070 Soft Nude it's actually for Revlon ColourBurst 006 Pink Sugar. BUYER BEWARE!!!
    I had a horrible reaction to this and to my surprise I just read that someone else had the same thing happen to them.
    So I put this lipstick on yesterday(March 8th) by the end of the day my lips were very itchy and somewhat swollen. When I woke up this morning my lips were super swollen, red and itchy. (looks like I had some botox done overnight..LOL) I had to go buy Reactine and that helped the swelling and itchness. Funny thing though, I do have the 070 Soft Nude and it never did this to me. Either way I wont be using these lipsticks EVER!!! Revlons pretty good, I called customer service and they are giving me a full refund. So sad cause these lipsticks are so nice. I loved how smooth they went, can't believe I had this allergic reaction to it. So once again, if you have sensitive skin try a patch test first when buying this lipstick line.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by bmh5012

I am having an allergic reaction to whatever ingredients are in this lipstick. I tried this lipstick on Friday, and my upper lip broke out with contact dermatitis (tiny, inflamed bumps on my lip - NOT a cold sore) Saturday morning.

I have never had this problem before, so BUYER BEWARE. I'm sure this won't happen to everyone, but I HIGHLY recommend testing this on your hand/wrist before using. Wait at least 24 hours before putting it on your lips!

I am positive this lipstick was what caused my reaction - I also broke out in tiny bumps where I swatched this on the back of my hand. I have NO other allergies, and have never had an allergic reaction before.

Use with caution! Otherwise, the color was beautiful, well-pigmented, and a good price. Look up swatches before you buy - the packaging isn't great, and you don't know what color you're getting until you open it.

Sad I can't use this anymore, but let this serve as a warning to test products before using!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

I love the nude pale peach color, but I don't like the formula. It just sits on my lips instead of becoming one with my lips. My lips are highly pigmented, and this didn't have enough coverage... Sort of medium in coverage. And, after a beverage or an hour later there is no trace of it. It breaks down fast...Especially with lipgloss on top! I'm glad I got this on sale for $4.99. The color is phenomenal for a drugstore lipstick, but I expect better from Revlon with a name like Colorburst. The formula is just okay. Just meh. I prefer Nude Attitude lipstick from Revlon much much more. The Super Lusterous formula works better on me and last longer than the Colorburst lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by AznDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! I have both the MAC Creme d Nude & Revlon's Soft Nude and I've seen a lot of ppl say they are dupes. I don't think so. Although I love the smell of MAC lipsticks, I prefer the Soft Nude. It can get a bit drying, but not as drying as the Nude Attitude (which I also have.) Lip balm underneath helps a lot. This is my everyday lipstick and for a good price, too! The packaging is really cute and classy. Love love love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by xheni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first real nude lipstick, and I was really scared that it would look bad on me, but I'm glad I gave it a go! I'm pretty pale, so I thought it would make me look sickly or washed out. But it's actually very pretty and flattering. It's exactly what I wanted a nude lipstick to look like.

I had tried some frosty- glittery- pale- nude type of lipstick before and instantly had to return it. None of those issues here. No glitter or shimmer. It's nice and creamy, sort of matte. It can emphasize dryness and lip lines and wrinkles. So make sure lips are moisturized, wear a primer, or only wear it on a "good lip day".

And while I love the cute packaging of the colorburst line, has anyone else noticed that the angle of the lipstick itself is really weird? It's a steep angle so applying it straight from the tube is a bit awkward, but not a big deal. I'm surprised more users haven't commented on that.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Andrienne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the the nude look and I tend to gravitate towards the lighter shades of beige. My complexion is similar to Zoe Saldana. I like the Colorburst lipsticks. I think they are comparable to the department store brands. I also like the scent. For this shade, I add a medium brown lipliner and top it off with Bath and Body Works Liplicious in Toffee Caramel which is a bronze shade. It smells just like a caramel cake. Anyways, this combo works very well for me. For the record, the Colorburst line also has an excellent nude shade called Icy Nude. I think Icy Nude needs a lot less work since I can just put it on and done. Unfortunately, I think it may be LE since I can no longer find it. So, Soft Nude will have to be my substitute.