November 25, 2014 | 1807 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by GypsyRose23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A salesperson handed me a very small sample of this product while I was shopping in Macy's last week. I finally tried it out today. I didn't like it much at first because it seemed hard to blend. I think it was because the sample came on a card in a peel-away plastic sleeve (that's why package quality only got a 1). The product had separated somewhat into part oil and part sticky paste. It took some time to reblend the ingredients, and then it spread a bit better, but not much. I'm not really wild about pulling on the delicate eye area, but I figured I'd do my best for this one trial.

I put the product on my eyelids and under my eyes to prime for both e/s and my dark circle corrector (BB). I liked the matte finish of the primer alone on my eyelids, and it worked as a bit of a concealer in itself for my skin tone (fair). It could be useful for those days when I'm too lazy to use e/s and corrector, but I'm sure anyone with a darker skin tone wouldn't find it useful by itself.

I applied my BB corrector and it went on smoothly enough under my eyes. Then I applied my cheap drugstore brand eyeshadow (Jane) that I love for its matte finish. That went on much easier than usual for me. The color was darker and richer than it is when I use it without a primer, and I didn't have to use as much to achieve this effect. I started liking this product at that point.

I checked my eyes regularly throughout this swelteringly hot day, and to my amazement, everything really did STAY and didn't STRAY. There was no creasing on my lids or underneath my eyes. Typically, even the BB corrector goes astray under these conditions, but I was really impressed that the cheap e/s lasted all day.

I couldn't give this product more than 3 lippies due to the difficult application process (and the price!), but I'd give its results a definite 10. I should mention that my eyelids are not particularly oily, and it might not work as well for someone with oily lids or under eye area.

Until I find something that applies easier and achieves the same results, I would buy this product in spite of its price of an arm and half a leg.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by TheresaK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I was hoping to love this product as I used to use their FY Eye primer all the time before they replaced it with THIS. I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden my makeup was creasing (within 2 hours) and slipping and looking gross. Well, it was this.
Thank God this was a sample size so I didn't feel back throwing it out and I won't be wasting any money buying one of these.
Big time fail Benefit, especially when the product you replaced worked SO well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by mbraley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why this product would get a bad review. I have purchased this twice now, and really like the way it keeps my eyeliner in check. I usually squirt a small amount on the back of my hand and then apply it with my fingers under my eyes, and anywhere else I apply concealer because it makes the concealer last longer (Boiing). It's a great product if you live in the sweltering heat in southeast Texas!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by sudsyswife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The product separates from the oil and squirts everywhere. What a waste of money. I'm so disappointed in this Benefit product. Spend those hard earned dollars elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by rubyglooom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its very concealer-like and heavy.
Not a good primer if your skin isn't the exact shade that was offered.
It did keep my eyeshadow on longer than if I did not use the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by sabbywon

I bought this from Sephora on a bit of a whim (ok, it was retail therapy), and without reading any reviews on it. I think i bought it mostly b/c the regular size bottle of this was 30$, whereas the smaller bottle, blush, eye brightener and luminizer was 42$...how could i go wrong? ;)

Got to try out the Stay Don't Stray today, and after having run around all day, in the blazing heat, then working a seven hour shift my eye shadow is only NOW starting to crease. I haven't been able to find another product that works this well, and having oily eye lids is a real pain!

Will i buy this again? Definitely! Will i recommend this? Yes!

I hope someone finds this helpful :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by cowzipper

I purchased this in a kit that had a few other deluxe sized samples. I found the product to be a little thick and hard to blend. Sometimes I wear eyeshadow primer without eyeshadow just to brighten the eye area, but this product was very ashy on me. The worst part is that my eyelids were creased and greasy after about 4 hours. I've used other brands with better success and would not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample at Ulta, so it doesn't have the pump bottle that many don't seem to like. It is much like the UDPP with its little doe foot applicator. However, this is leagues above UDPP.

I have VERY oily lids that just EAT up shadow and liner, so most products help but don't really stop the breaking down of product. This has been the best primer I have used thus far.

Not only does it keep my eyeshadows and concealer from creasing it helps to even out my eyelids which I think is great!! A double use products make me feel better about having to buy the full size when I run out of my mini sample D'x

UPDATE: Yeah. no. This really didn't do anything that special for me. The pump was also REALLY BLOODY ANNOYING. So I returned it. The NARS primer is better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

I bought this eye primer at Shopper's after returning the Gosh eye primer. The girl assured me that it was amazing, and despite it being $30 I figured I'd give it a shot.
First off, I had read complaints about how the pump pumped out too much product and people felt like it was wasting. I thought to myself "well the why don't they just not use a full pump". When I tried it out, you can't control how much comes out of the pump at all. It pumps out twice the amount of product you need. I had to get a little jar to put the excess in so I didn't feel like I was wasting product. I would be able to put up with this, if the product still worked well but...
This makes my eyeshadow fade and crease more than it did without any primer at all. Absolutely awful, my eyeshadow has only been on for seven hours and it's completely disappeared, and what is left, is just all creased. Returning this tomorrow.
I bought Too Faced's eye primer tonight at Sephora, so hopefully that will be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Lxc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Urban decay, NYX, Smashbox and too faced did NOT work for me!!! This is the only eye shadow primer that didn't make me crease all day. Other primers made me crease in an hour or less. Took me a while to find my perfect match. I will continue to buy even though packaging sucks and it's pricy. I would recommend to anyone with oily lids.