October 2, 2014 | 1734 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by LauraW74

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Much like the previous reviewer, I have long, but not voluminous lashes. They are thin (as in the hairs are thin, but not fine - in fact, they're plentiful), and very limp and straight. This is the only mascara I've ever used that gives them volume, and doesn't limp after an hour!
My eyelashes curl just fine, but as soon as I apply mascara they fall flat, so sometimes I just curl them and put no product on. But without even having to curl my lashes, this keeps them up! YAY!

It would get five stars if it made my lashes more... what's the word... plush? I've only used the mascara a couple times, and it's brand new, so I'm sure it'll only get better once it dries up a bit and gets less spidery (though for its first use I was really impressed, as it was not as liquidy as most new mascaras are), and I expect it to look more natural.
For practically perfect lashes, I used DiorShow Extase and then regular DiorShow on top. I love DiorShow for how natural, fluffy, and fanned out it makes my lashes look, and Extase just gives the extra curl hold. The perfect combination, dramatic but still natural-looking! I hate the look of having product caked on to my lashes, all spidery, chunky, and generally unnatural-looking, and with these two products I swear you'll get just the opposite!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by yasminhayat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thanks to my Arabian genes I have naturally long eyelashes, so when I buy mascara I really don't look for length.

I may have long eyelashes, but they are also incredibly thin eyelashes. Fine isn't the word! And where they start off dark at the root, they are blonde at the tips. So I want the most blackest and volumizing thing I can find on the market.

Another problem with my eyelashes is that they clump incredibly badly, Its like they scream when they see mascara and huddle together, so that when I do apply mascara it looks like one massive singular lash.

I tried Christian Dior Plumping mascara purely for a change because I was bored of my old stuff. Teaches me right.
Dior is absouletly no different to my usual mascara. I use Max factors false lash mascara, because it is the only thing i have tried (until recently) that doesn't clump my eyelashes.

I put on Dior (which is by no means bad, in fact it's good, - my lashes looked lovely and thick) its just incredibly expensive for a product that makes no difference compared my ususal brand) and I went out that evening and saw all my usual friends, I flashed them all my lashes and asked them what they thought, NO ONE, no one noticed a difference! they were like ''your wearing new eyeshadow???''

so for all you out there and curious (as I was) the 21.99 Dior mascara, makes no difference to your 8 Max factor false lash effect....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by kameelah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample size and really like it! This mascara is truly lengthening, defining, nourishing... Fantastic! I like it better than the regular Diorshow, but I do sometimes layer on Diorshow to thicken the base of my lashes a little more.

I feel like this mascara is all about technique. The brush is tiered-like, which although I do enjoy during the actual application process, makes more product adhere to the concave parts of the brush. A quick, soft wipe of these parts on the edge of the tube provides an even distribution of mascara :]. I tend to start at the tips of my lashes to add length then coat the base of my lashes. I also use the tip of the brush to get at my most inner and most outer lashes for perfect definition. I find this technique works best for me and since I've mastered it, takes little time to do.

Pros:
- Healthy, nourished lashes that don't look dried out
- Beautiful length and definition
- Brush
- Little to nooooo smudging!!!

Cons:
- Price ($28)
- Brush (Although I do like the idea of the brush, it takes manipulation to get the right amount of product and application)
- Wish there was more volume

Overall, I would by this mascara again. Although it's not really perfect for that "natural" look, it's a doable daytime and fantastic nighttime look. I looove mascaras, so I'll be on the hunt for my best mascaras and will probably be going back to this baby [;.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by annielovesdomo

I can't rave enough about this mascara. I have short, thin lashes that sadly droop downward (Asian eyelashes) but this has literally changed my life forever. My lashes look thick and after I curl my lashes and apply (just one or two coats, never more) and they are gorgeous. My lashes also seem to have gotten thicker on their own, longer and possibly have grown more? I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me but I think it conditions my lashes too. I would totally buy this again and again. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by dfisico

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to premise this review by saying that before I tried Extase, I was using the $10 stuff at the drug stores.
I was walking through Century 21 in NYC and the Dior saleslady asked if I wanted to try thier latest mascara, around $30 per tube... As soon as she put it on me, I was in love... I'd say it's definitely worth the 3x price difference... Everytime I wear it people think I'm wearing fake lashes.
It's definitely a lenghtening mascara, but doesn't do too much for for thickness. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by stephanie32082

I rarely ever repurchase a mascara partially because there are so many others to try and partially because no mascara impresses me enough for a repurchase. Diorshow Extase is an exception to this rule! I love this mascara. It's super expensive but totallly worth the price. I have short, naturally curled lashes and this mascara really opens up my eyes. It's lengthening and volumizing at the same time. It's doesn't make lashes hard or crunch and it lasts all day. The price may be steep but I would definately repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

This is a fabulous mascara that I highly recommend if you've got stick-straight puny Asian lashes like me.

PROS:

-Lengthens. Creates natural length without looking over the top as some mascara with fibers are wont to do.

-Thickens. Extase is really good for this--it basically doubles the fullness of my lashes, which is important for me because without mascara my lashes are pretty much nonexistent. You get great volume which is buildable, but most days I find one coat sufficient.

-Holds curl. Mascaras for me are pretty much useless if they don't hold curl, and at worst some can weigh them down and make them point downwards. Extase does not do this at all, even with 2-3 coats. My lashes stay curled all day.

-Does not smudge or flake despite the fact that it is not waterproof.

-Sexy Packaging

-Easy to remove: comes right off with my cleanser. I use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and need to only lightly rub a bit to get this to come off completely. Pretty amazing considering it doesn't flake or smudge otherwise.

-Good for lashes. Kinda reminds me of Fresh Supernova in this aspect. Some mascaras make my lashes very brittle and frail, but I find Extase is really gentle on them. I can wear this mascara every single day and not have problems with extra lash fallout or weak lashes.

-Nice brush. I know some people complain about the brush but I think it's fabulous. The wave shape allows me to get the inner and outer lashes very easily without smudging product all over as with a normal tapered brush.

Cons:
-expensive. Very expensive.

Overall, I think if you've got the money then totally go for it. It's a great everyday mascara that performs exactly as advertised. If you want a slighter cheaper mascara, Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes performs very similarly, except it is not as thickening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome! Amazing! Great mascara really!! I had given up purchasing high end mascaras but ended up giving this a try and falling in love!! This mascara really gives me full lashes and I always get compliments on them when I use this. I love how thick it is and how it builds so easily! I lost my last tube and am dying to get another one on friday when I get paid!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by aquelarre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really like this one. I have medium eyelashes, but this mascara makes them long and curly. You do have to remove excess product in the beginning. However, I had an allergic reaction to it. My eyelids get swollen with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by caroe7

This is a good mascara, but not really any better than what you can get at a drug store. This is not worth the price. I was using The Falsies mascara before this and these wear very similar on me IMO. Sometimes this can start to look borderline clumpy. I will not be buying this again. This one came in a set with 2 small Diorshow mascaras, one of them was Diorshow Iconic which I think I like better.