April 17, 2014 | 1771 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by kameelah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample size and really like it! This mascara is truly lengthening, defining, nourishing... Fantastic! I like it better than the regular Diorshow, but I do sometimes layer on Diorshow to thicken the base of my lashes a little more.

I feel like this mascara is all about technique. The brush is tiered-like, which although I do enjoy during the actual application process, makes more product adhere to the concave parts of the brush. A quick, soft wipe of these parts on the edge of the tube provides an even distribution of mascara :]. I tend to start at the tips of my lashes to add length then coat the base of my lashes. I also use the tip of the brush to get at my most inner and most outer lashes for perfect definition. I find this technique works best for me and since I've mastered it, takes little time to do.

Pros:
- Healthy, nourished lashes that don't look dried out
- Beautiful length and definition
- Brush
- Little to nooooo smudging!!!

Cons:
- Price ($28)
- Brush (Although I do like the idea of the brush, it takes manipulation to get the right amount of product and application)
- Wish there was more volume

Overall, I would by this mascara again. Although it's not really perfect for that "natural" look, it's a doable daytime and fantastic nighttime look. I looove mascaras, so I'll be on the hunt for my best mascaras and will probably be going back to this baby [;.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by annielovesdomo

I can't rave enough about this mascara. I have short, thin lashes that sadly droop downward (Asian eyelashes) but this has literally changed my life forever. My lashes look thick and after I curl my lashes and apply (just one or two coats, never more) and they are gorgeous. My lashes also seem to have gotten thicker on their own, longer and possibly have grown more? I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me but I think it conditions my lashes too. I would totally buy this again and again. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by dfisico

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to premise this review by saying that before I tried Extase, I was using the $10 stuff at the drug stores.
I was walking through Century 21 in NYC and the Dior saleslady asked if I wanted to try thier latest mascara, around $30 per tube... As soon as she put it on me, I was in love... I'd say it's definitely worth the 3x price difference... Everytime I wear it people think I'm wearing fake lashes.
It's definitely a lenghtening mascara, but doesn't do too much for for thickness. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by stephanie32082

I rarely ever repurchase a mascara partially because there are so many others to try and partially because no mascara impresses me enough for a repurchase. Diorshow Extase is an exception to this rule! I love this mascara. It's super expensive but totallly worth the price. I have short, naturally curled lashes and this mascara really opens up my eyes. It's lengthening and volumizing at the same time. It's doesn't make lashes hard or crunch and it lasts all day. The price may be steep but I would definately repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by maomaouchi

This is a fabulous mascara that I highly recommend if you've got stick-straight puny Asian lashes like me.

PROS:

-Lengthens. Creates natural length without looking over the top as some mascara with fibers are wont to do.

-Thickens. Extase is really good for this--it basically doubles the fullness of my lashes, which is important for me because without mascara my lashes are pretty much nonexistent. You get great volume which is buildable, but most days I find one coat sufficient.

-Holds curl. Mascaras for me are pretty much useless if they don't hold curl, and at worst some can weigh them down and make them point downwards. Extase does not do this at all, even with 2-3 coats. My lashes stay curled all day.

-Does not smudge or flake despite the fact that it is not waterproof.

-Sexy Packaging

-Easy to remove: comes right off with my cleanser. I use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and need to only lightly rub a bit to get this to come off completely. Pretty amazing considering it doesn't flake or smudge otherwise.

-Good for lashes. Kinda reminds me of Fresh Supernova in this aspect. Some mascaras make my lashes very brittle and frail, but I find Extase is really gentle on them. I can wear this mascara every single day and not have problems with extra lash fallout or weak lashes.

-Nice brush. I know some people complain about the brush but I think it's fabulous. The wave shape allows me to get the inner and outer lashes very easily without smudging product all over as with a normal tapered brush.

Cons:
-expensive. Very expensive.

Overall, I think if you've got the money then totally go for it. It's a great everyday mascara that performs exactly as advertised. If you want a slighter cheaper mascara, Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes performs very similarly, except it is not as thickening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome! Amazing! Great mascara really!! I had given up purchasing high end mascaras but ended up giving this a try and falling in love!! This mascara really gives me full lashes and I always get compliments on them when I use this. I love how thick it is and how it builds so easily! I lost my last tube and am dying to get another one on friday when I get paid!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by aquelarre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really like this one. I have medium eyelashes, but this mascara makes them long and curly. You do have to remove excess product in the beginning. However, I had an allergic reaction to it. My eyelids get swollen with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by caroe7

This is a good mascara, but not really any better than what you can get at a drug store. This is not worth the price. I was using The Falsies mascara before this and these wear very similar on me IMO. Sometimes this can start to look borderline clumpy. I will not be buying this again. This one came in a set with 2 small Diorshow mascaras, one of them was Diorshow Iconic which I think I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing volume. I've tried Iconic, loved it, but this one is even better! Iconic gives more definition and a natural look. Extase gives you fat, blacker-than-black lashes. Not super volumizing, but I found since the bumpy brush picks up even the shortest lashes, my fringe looks thicker. Stays on all day, no suggestion of smear or shadow under the eyes, but removes easily. Paired with the Diorshow primer or Lancome lash primer, the results are phenomenal. My lashes look like doll lashes. Wish this wasn't a $35 CAD mascara, but I'll probably buy again and rotate in with my CG lashblast!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by dannigirl

I finally caved in after reading the reviews! There are alot of reviewers on here saying that it clumps, but it doesnt? Far from it! I get nice, long, separated lashes! my lashes are of medium length, not stumpy, but I wouldnt call them long by any means...and this mascara lengthens them better than any mascara I've tried (I've tried alot and probably have spent hundreds of pounds)

get it, you wont regret it.