April 24, 2014 | 1856 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(1997 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light to medium coverage foundation. If you build it up any higher it will start to get cakey. If you have large areas of acne, STAY AWAY from this foundation. The sparkle and slight dewiness will do nothing but emphasize your pimples. This foundation also emphasizes dry/flaky areas. I only like to use this when my skin is relatively clear (only a few isolated pimples) and do not have any super dry/flaky spots. It gives a nice healthy looking glow to the skin, which I love when I'm feeling a bit dull. For my oily skin, I cannot use this foundation over moisturizer, or else it will become too dewy/oily-looking. When I don't use moisturizer, however, it looks great, a satin-matte finish. Oil-control is there but minimal, I get shine on and around my nose after maybe 3 hours. In my experience, it doesn't photograph well, creates a white cast on the face with flash photography (it has SPF 20). Not a big problem with transferring easily, but obviously if you wipe your face it will come off. Once my oils start to build up, the foundation feels heavy and can transfer onto my phone. I would only recommend this to normal skins, maybe combination skins if you don't have super dry areas.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by deadscream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I hate this stuff. It broke me out with just the first use. I'm never gonna use this again. And I don't like the glitter - it's noticeable! And I don't like that I can't find a match for my NC40 skin. But that's ok. The formula sucks anyway. I got the Caramel color and it's too dark for me. The Revlon Colorstay is so much better than this. If you have acne-prone skin, stay away from this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by hollieua

Revlon PhotoReady has been my HG for years. It covers wonderfully and helps keep my oily skin matte. It also causes NO breakouts, and pretty much everything breaks me out. The only thing I don't like about it is that is doesnt have a great color range. I have warm undertones and the makeup leaves a slight pink tint to my face. I really hate that. L'Oreal True Match is a perfect shade, but it leaves my face too oil by the day's end...So, I guess I am in search of a makeup just like Revlon, but with more color options.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my "going out" foundation. It looks beautiful and glowy indoors, and it has decent coverage (medium coverage?). The formula is very nice; not thick, doesn't cake up on my dry spots. But the shimmer is way too much for daytime/outdoors. Especially in direct sunlight the shimmer is overwhelming. I like it for when I'm going out at night, and it does look VERY nice in photos. I won't be repurchasing because I prefer Colorstay since I can wear it from morning to night. And if I want a shimmery look I can achieve it with numerous face powders, highlighters, blushes and bronzers instead of redoing my whole foundation routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation has way too much glitter in it, I don't know why? Nobody wats to have a glittery face. Nice packaging tho, but I won't re purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

First of all, I have to say that I adore this foundation. I realized in early 2011 that my previous favorite foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid) was causing crazy cystic acne break-outs, and I had to find a replacement really fast. This was a featured product at my K-mart, and on sale, so I picked some up. I'm NW5/15 in MAC, and I'm Ivory in this. (As well as in Colorstay.) It's, last I checked, their lightest shade. I tried traditional foundation brush application, which I thought I had perfected with my MAC, but that was pretty bad and streaky. I then tried just using my fingers, and that worked wonderfully. (Foam sponge applicators are good, too.) The end result is really flawless and stunning, and lasts for 6+ hours if I use decent primer and powder. The reason I can't give it 5 stars is the shimmer. I didn't even notice it at first, honestly, because on my face under normal incandescent lighting, it’s a near-matte, satiny foundation. However, in bright sunlight or camera flash… Yeah, there’s a lot of white-out, Twilight-vampire effect. Considering this is marketed as a photo foundation, this is weird to me. (If it wasn’t marketed that way, I’d give it five lippies.) I use it primarily for evening events, business meetings, etc. I wish there was a version without all the shimmer because it would probably be a HG for me. For now, if I’m posing for photos, I wear Colorstay.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

No. Don't waste your money if you have dry or clog-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Dont think I'd buy again. Im NC45 and bought this in Caramel. The color match is good. I find it applies nicely but you dont want to buff this one in in my opinion, stippling works best IMO. Coverage is light to medium, semi matte finish. Great for everyday application. Ive had this now for a few months and honestly only just realized the shimmer people refer to about a week ago, not on my skin but in the bottle. It does not show on my skin. It is very light, layers well, moderate staying power (maybe 4 hours on my oily combo skin). I prefer this for if I havent got much to do, few meetings perhaps or a bbq with friends but not for a big night out. I need something heavier for that. *shrugs* Im a maximum coverage kinda girl for special occasions whether my skin is in great condition or not. Personal preference. I like being done up. It's just a blah foundation for me. LOVE the pump and packaging, wish CS had the same thing but that's where the love ends. Dont think I'd repurchase. I was hoping it would give me a dewy finish but I think for that I'll just stick with bronzers over my other foundations or luminizer in liquid foundation. I love Revlon but this was a miss based on what the marketing led me to believe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by juniperkittenface

My favorite foundation! Gives a beautiful glow, and does not break me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by vivicali

OMG! I am absolutely in love with this product!! I have acne-prone/oily skin and this is the only foundation that keeps my face matte and not break out :) A lot of makeup gurus on youtube compare this to the Makeup Forever foundation - i never tried it but i know Revlon is half the price which is AMAZING. Drugstore product with high-end quality; can't get any better girls :) I've tried TrueMatch - i loved it for a while but then i noticed my face was breaking out & i'd have to reapply my foundation throughout day bc my face would become oily unless I skipped moisterizes which i despised.. With Revlon Photoready, I can moisterize my face before applying, I never have to reapply my makeup throughout the day and i don't even blot my face!! The coverage is also beautiful. U can apply lightly or build up to your desired liking. I like a bit more coverage since I have some redness on my cheeks & my face doesnt appear cakey. I get many compliments on how my face looks so flawless :) Rev's PhotoReady is worth every penny.