October 1, 2014 | 1952 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by NickyZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This concealer is truly amazing. It covers anything and is matte, stays all day if set with a setting powder. Stays for a long time not being set as well. I like the extra insurance.

I'm about an nw20 in MAC shades. I first was matched to #4 in this, which works really well for my neck and blemishes but looks way too ashy under my eyes. Then I got my hands on #5 which has more warmth to it. And by warmth, I mean pink/red as per the color wheel. I am not sure if #5 is new but it went from being an 'ok' concealer to a 'great' one with the new shade 'vanilla'. I believe #4 is 'flesh'.

There is a learning curve to this. I use it with an eyeliner brush for small blemishes. A little, and I mean little, goes a long way. One tube lasted me for a couple of years. For larger blemishes I recommend patting it with a flat brush and feathering out the edges. Under eye must be well moisturized because it is VERY matte, which I love.

Normally tube concealers are a miss for me due to lack of coverage, but this is THE most pigmented tube concealer I've tried.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I had a sharp learning curve with this one. YES, it is very pigmented, and YES, it can cover moles/birthmarks/tatoos, but only if you're patient and know how to use it properly.

First, the packaging is AWESOME. The squeezy tube has a tiny noozle, so you can really control how little or how much comes out. It's easy to travel with and doesn't take up much room. Even better, you ge a LOT of product because you need only a pinhead worth of this concealer for every blemish. I feel like I might pass this concealer on to my future grandchildren lol

I'm around NC25/27 and very yellow, and I matched shade #6 the best. I normally use this concealer to hide stubborn acne marks or, on occasion, some of my very black, noticeable moles. I first apply a tiny dot of this concealer to the blemish and then let it just sit there for a few seconds before blending out with my finger. The wait time is super important because I feel like this concealer "adheres" to the skin better when it's warm. If you try to blend it out immediately after applying, it looks too sheer and won't cover much of anything. If you wait a few seconds first, then it will mainly "stay put" on top of the blemish.

To conceal really dark areas (and/or tattoos if you have them), the technique I use is that I'll add 1-3 thin layers of this concealer on top of each other until the dark patch is pretty well concealed, then roll or pat on some powder across the area with a sponge. Don't drag the sponge across the concealed area because you may pull some concealer off. "Blotting" on powder is the best way to set this concealer while allowing it to hide whatever it is that you're hiding.

It's not 100% perfect because sometimes the mole/tattoo is not 100% concealed, but in pictures, you can't tell. Sometimes this concealer can emphasize flakes underneath depending on the skin texture of the area you're trying to hide, so I always recommend hydrating well underneath. Overall, I love this concealer and plan on buying it... IF I ever run out, which might be never!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do like this concealer but some days I hate it. I have it in number 4 which is too light for my nc25-30 skintone. The mua gave me the wrong color, and I'm pissed about it because this concealer costed me 30. However the quality is pretty good. It reminds me of the pro longwear concealer by Mac which has the same finish and lasting power. Some days it seems to glide of my skin, which is weird because some days it wont. I give this 4 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by JenniferLorraine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this concealer to hide some dark spots, unfortunately, it made them look really gray! So disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by makeuplovermom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this concealer!! I've been using this since 2005 and until now haven't found anything that stays on my skin like this concealer. I have combination/oily skin, and I first bought it when a MUA recommended it to me during the Miami summer heat. I used to live in Miami and my number 1 problem was coverage that wouldn't melt away with the humidity. Well, needles to say I fell in love with it, and still tried out a lot of different concealers (we girls can never commit to one product) but will always repurchase FULL Cover. This product is def waterproof which I came to find out rather recently when I went swimming while wearing this (I mean swimming as an exercise, wearing goggles and all) and my skin emerged flawless. I had pregnancy brain at the time and thought my face would emerge patchy, or my makeup would be gone.
For the ladies looking for coverage, and staying power this is an excellent product. If you wish to swim with this or go to the beach, first apply a sunscreen then let it dry, absorb the excess oil of your skin with a blotting tissue then apply this concealer directly on the skin NO primer since this works by clinging to the skin itself, then finish with a mineral powder on top because they seem not to melt in water.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

FINALLY.. a concealer that STAYS and is actually WATERPROOF !

I've tried the highly rated 'effacernes' concealer by lancome...
THE STAYING POWER on this is wayyyyyyyyy better

It passes the dreaded 'eye drop test' 2-3 drops and it still looks decent and unbudged unlike other 'waterproof' concealers like effacernes and Kat von D's concealer..

coverage is great too for dark eye circles.. with 'effacernes' I found it didnt over dark circles well.. it was nearly transparent on me.. and my dark circles aren't even that bad...

This is HG for me!! =D

EDIT:

OK not so waterproof as I thought initially..

and not so much sweatproof, it didn't last/ look nice in very humid tropic weather.. augh :'(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by miscmags

I went to Sephora looking for a concealer that at the same time moisturized. An impatient sales woman handed me this and said it would work. It doesn't work. I've tried it to conceal blemishes, dark spots, etc. Instead of covering whatever I need it to it leaves this cake-ish looking residue. I would not suggest it to anyone or buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by bink180

I cannot believe how astonishing these reviews are... People should really pay attenion to what they're buying. For those of you who put the concealer under your eyes and thought it was going to work, way to go! It dries out to a matte finish for a MATTE look so don't try to put moisturizer and think it will muster. It's going to look creepy. Should've asked you SA maybe?
Anyway, enough being brash. This is a fairly good concealer if you know how to use it right i made sure to read reviews before I purchased this I weighed my options out at Sephora looked in the mirror to see what shade I was in went outside did the same and I chose this one Concealer in #4 which matches my fair to light complexion and I also have a neutral to warm undertone. In case you didn't know the product has titanium and iron oxides so YES it's going to turn dark after you apply it I suggest you up a shade lighter than your skin tone especially if you're oily which makes it oxidize easier.This doesn't crease, but I do need to touch up every few hours, (depends on if you worked out that day or not) I really like it, it covers up what I need to and it doesn't look cakey

If you read the directions it shows you how to apply it.I apply this on a clean face before liquid base with primer.
I use my fingers to lightly stipple wait 2 seconds, blend it out, put a teensy little powder on it and then continue with your foundation routine.

I hope this helps!

Ok, I'm giving an update! I still loooove this concealer, this covers my blemishes/acne scars fairly well. Instead of primer I found that this sticks better with moisturizer because it's tacky whereas with primer it's like sand on sand it only sticks for a while. I do what the box instructs for the concealer to be applied as stated above. I encourage even girls with oily skin to moisturize your skin before you appliy makeup because it's tacky whereas if you dont put anything or put primer the silicone is going to bond with the titanium oxide and it will fade/not cover well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by lovetoshop31

BEST CONCEALER EVER! I have and will continue you purchase this over and over again. Full coverage without clumping, creasing, caking. This glides on smoothly and effortlessly and stays put all day long. Covers like none other and hides any and all imperfections. Photographs gorgeously (along with the MUFE HD Foundation!).. no crazy super pale/white face when photographed. I cannot rave about this concealer enough.. a little bit goes a long way. I put it on with a damp Beauty Blender and a tube lasts me FOREVER. Never seperates, gets icky, etc.
I would rec. this concealer to ANYONE looking for full coverage and something that stays without smudging/caking!! Its my HG and I hope they keep it around foreverrrr.. (:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The more I try out other concealers, the more I realize what an absolute gem Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage is. I use concealer under my eyes, then mix it with moisturizer as a tinted moisturizer. EL's concealer definitely conceals better and far less product is needed per use. This product is decent, but it doesn't conceal as much as I'd like. I definitely prefer EL's concealer and won't repurchase this.