TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 2/7/2014 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I havent written a review in such a long time but i got this product last week and i seriously felt compelled to write this. I LOVEEE this product. It gives the most beautiful glow. It is quite easy to go overboard with this product and you only need to dip ur brush into the slightest bit , but i still think it gives such a pretty look to the face. Highlighting is one of my fav parts of doing my makeup and the Mary Lou manizer makes it THAT much better. I cant say enough good things about it. Love.

on 2/6/2014 2:57:00 PM

This is the most intense highlighter i've ever seen and I have a lot! I feel like this is kind of a powder, more intense version of Benefits Watts up? Anyway, this is great, but if you're using it during the day, apply with care, this thing catches the light like no other! In the evening however, it will really give you that beautiful glow whilst highlighting your cheekbones. Totally worth the price and the packaging is so cute!

I have not found a highlighter that is as versatile, or as lovely as this one. It is really pigmented, which means you have to be cautious when you are applying this, but it also means that you can basically use this as a pigment, use it on lips, eyes, and it gives a perfectly glowy shine. It is not an icy colour, nor is it metallic, it is a perfect vanilla buttercream fine shimmer, and it can last a long time if you are careful not to drop it. Unfortunately because it is packed in a pan, it is also fragile. It is worth the money if you are looking for a good, reliable highlight.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was debating between Nars Albatross and this, and I'm glad I chose this. It's less $, and I feel that the color of this suits most if not all skin tones. It blends in perfectly with mine, and gives a healthy dewy glow. I sweep it across my cheek bones, down my nose, center of my forehead, cupids bow and chin, sometimes I highlight my brow bone. SO natural, beautiful and effortless looking.

Also, if you're going to order this online anywhere that requires you to pay S&H...I suggest ordering it from Nordstrom for free shipping.

on 2/2/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I heard so much hype about this highlighter I was starting to get tired of it. It's a high lighter people no big deal. Calm down.

One day I was strolling through my London drugs and saw the balm cosmetics all 40% off. I saw one left. It's regular price is $27 CAD. Well I wasn't going to ever pay that so I grabbed it while there was only one left.

Oh. My. God. It's just a highlighter it's so beautiful and I don't even know why. It's the perfect light cream color with the perfect amount of gold and the perfect amount of shimmer. It's very pigmented and buttery. It doesn't apply chalky or unevenly. I use a real techniques highlighter brush very light handedly. It looks great. I use it on the brow bone and cupids bow. The best part is that it stays put and true all day. You also get tons of product. Same as a mac bronzer.

I'm very happy I purchased this. I would pay full price for this highlighter. I also own the Becca shimmering skin perfector in moonstone which is actually the same color. It's also a cream and it's very subtle and beautiful. It's gives me bumps on my face though so this is my new replacement.

on 2/1/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is just a beautiful highlighter. Its a gorgeous champagne colour with fine shimmer, not glitter, and i use a real techniques brush to lightly dab it on top of my cheek bones after using nars laguna and a peach blush by mac and then use a smaller brush to apply in the inner corner of my eyes. I feel like i can get away with using this day and night. I have a limited edition rose gold highlighter by elizabeth arden that i prefer to use at night thats too much for the day, but if I'm going out during the day and want my makeup to take me to the night ill use the mary-lou. It has a powdery formula and the lasting powder is decent. Wayne goss did a review on youtube about thebalm and have this products a tick of approval which sold it for me!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely highlight. I like that it isn't white or off-white like many higlighters. It is sand-colored or champagne colored. I think it looks nice both sheer or more heavily applied for dramatic looks. It looks good on cheeks, eyes, tear ducts, nose, cupid's bow.

I had a hard time deciding between this and NARS Albatross. Albatross is a little more yellow. I also think it is a little more sparkly/bright. I REALLY liked Albatross though. I think the coloring of Mary-Lou looks better on different areas of my face. I thought Albatross only looked good on my cheekbones. So the versatility and the MUA boards helped me decide to go with Mary-Lou! When I went to Amazon to order, I had both in my basket. The price of ML had dropped to $16 since I added to my cart. It was a sign! Ha!

This is one of the best packages that I own. It is VERY sturdy. The mirror is great! Cute graphics. Stays SHUT!

A TON of product in this - likely a lifetime supply. I think they could reduce package size and cost.

on 1/28/2014 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I received this as a sample in a beauty subscription and ignored it for months. I recently got into doing contouring and I am so glad I have this now! I use it literally every day for an ultra fast simple low-makeup look.
The texture is super fine so it multitasks well as a highlighter and eyeshadow. The pale honey colour blends beautifully when applied with a light hand and is extremely flattering when applied heavy. It wears very well over the course of the day and despite my oily lids it not seem to creep into my crease like a lot of other shimmery powders.
Would buy again and am impressed enough that I am now looking into their other products.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful highlight!!! I use it as a eye shadow!

on 1/23/2014 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I received an itty-bitty sample of this in my Birchbox and it's enough to last a lifetime. Shimmery but not glittery and very finely milled so it's easy to apply small amounts and then build. In the winter I would only use this on special occasions in a "c" configuration around my eye socket. I pat a tiny amount on top of my cheekbones to my temple and above my brow with the RT Setting Brush then pat below my brow with my smallest eye shadow brush. It is SUPER shimmery, so I can't emphasize enough that a small amount is plenty. If you start painting this stuff on you'll be disappointed and will think it won't work for you. If you don't see it enough on first application you can always go back over it a second time.

I found this MUCH easier to apply than Nars The Multiple in Copacabana. I made a real mess with that stuff and had to cover it up and start over.

The color looked silvery-white to me. Other reviewers stated it was too yellow or gold toned and I can see that in the photo, but in real life I didn't see that at all. In the summer I would switch to Betty-Lou Bronzer instead.

Top Rated TheBalm Products