September 30, 2014 | 1044 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great highlighting product, not overly glittery and will last for hours. Very easy to blend to, you can do it with your fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Lipstickjunkie4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this hi lighter! This is HG! Not glittery or over shimmery! Gives just the right amount of glow! Will purchase over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by bronteisabella

I got this at a really cheap price on ebay because the normal price was a little out of my budget at the time, but when I run out of this, I will definitely buy more. This is my absolute favorite highlighter - and probably my favorite makeup product in my collection! I wear this every single day (and have been for about 6 months and I still have barely made a dent), it is so pigmented and smooth and gorgeous! Not to mention the packaging is adorable, like all of TheBalm's products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous! Natural and glowing, not shimmery. For ref NC 30 and it blends perfectly with my skin tone!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Aminsat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Simply put, I like the texture of this highlighter but something is off about the tone to me. Indeed, it's really fine and seems to look smoother on the skin as opposed to my current MAC Soft and Gentle highlighter which kinda 'sits' on top of the skin. The issue I have with this is that whatever little pigment is in this powder - and I know a lot have mentioned it's colourless but I digress - it doesn't work well with my skin tone. The effect is an unflattering yellow gold sheen in certain light or angles as opposed to a warm glow. So although I think this has a much nicer finish than my MAC S&G, the pigment doesn't work with my skin the way my MAC one does. It doesn't look like "my skin but glowing" which is the effect I'm going for. So back to MAC until I find a better highlighter.

That being said, I've recently discovered highlighters are awesome to have in your makeup stash especially for photos and nighttime. My only word of caution is to test the colour in different lights before you buy ladies! :) For reference, I'm a MAC NC35 NARS Stromboli.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by alyxayavong

I wasn't into powdered highlighters but I decided to give this a try. It is hands down the most PIGMENTED highlighter I have ever tried. So a little definitely goes a long way. I love the packaging but but I sadly dropped mine and it cracked. :/ But luckily it has a closed shut packaging so I could keep it confined. I would recommend this to anyone I believe it looks good on any skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this featured on my favourite beauty blog Essiebutton and I finally hunted this down!! Now I must confess, I do not own this product, because the Rexall close to my home is always sold out of it and I don't know where else to buy it in Canada. I do try this on constantly at the beauty counter because it's better than my Mac Mineralized Skin Finish in "Soft and Gentle". I have tried many highlighters, I have never loved any (in fact I hated the Benefit High Beam) but I totally love this Mary Lou-Manizer!!

For reference, I am NC15 in Mac skin products, I am very fair very neutral undertones, I wear soft coral or pink coloured blushes and this looks amazing as a highlight on my cheekbones. The soft gold colour does not have chunky glitter or anything like that, it's a very fine powder, and it gives such an amazing radiant glow. I have quite flat cheekbones and this highlighter makes them look more prominent and I just love it. I can't wait to get my hands on this, I also can't wait to try out more products by The Balm! My only complaint would be the price, at $30 CND it's almost as much as the Mac MSF, and respectfully, The Balm is a drugstore brand, I find it to be too costly...though it will definitely last forever like the Mac MSF!

UPDATE: I found a sample size of this on eBay that someone got in their monthly Birchbox and decided to sell! I paid $10 for it, and since you need just a tiny amount to give you an amazing glow, I feel like this small presentation of this product will last me a long time! I haven't been able to wear my Mac highlighter since I got this Balm one, it's just so amazing and long-wearing!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

I have a LOT of highlighter, Guerlain, MAC, Smashbox, hourglass, NARS etc, and strangely I always come back to Mary-Lou Manizer, it's soft, have a nice shimmer, with a golden undertone. what's not to love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Bunmum2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Buttery soft with just the right amount of warmth for my pale skin tone. Beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by thepinkviper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful HG product. I caved and ordered it based on the amazing reviews even though I own MAC's Soft and Gentle. It's so beautiful and shimmery but not loud and obnoxious glittery at all. It gives my face a wonderful glow and I usually will pick this up before MAC's Soft and Gentle because it's more of a glamorous shimmer. Not to mention the packaging is adorably retro and will last you forever for a great price. LOVE LOVE TheBalm products!