October 23, 2014 | 888 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by LaB3llaxox

I love it. And the price is amazing. Will definitely buy it again. Ive been using for maybe 6 months and I don't think Im changing it unless I find something better for almost the same price, which I don't think so! ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I hate to admit I'd been using too much of this until I realised it is NOT a setting powder; you have to apply it very sparingly over foundation and powder and I find it helps to spritz it afterwards very lightly with setting spray. That way imperfections are blurred, there's no white cast in photos and it's not in the least bit drying. I wish ELF would improve the container so it doesn't spill everywhere but at the price I can't really complain too much. I love this so much I have five spares (I'm not kidding)!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Mands783

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

L-O-V-E this loose powder! Finishes me off without leaving me looking cakey. Just a tad sets my makeup beautifully. I've tried other "translucent" powders that seemed to deposit some color regardless of the product claims but this doesn't whatsoever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This may have been stated before but I came across a wonderful way to use this powder to control oil in my t zone.
Before my liquid foundation, I take a small mineral powder brush and apply this powder to mainly my t zone. I then apply my foundation as usual. I have also applied it as a finishing powder if my skin is extra oily.
I will still have slight oil break thru but it is not as nearly as bad if I had not used it. I'm sure other, more expensive, oil control products work better but this is good for an every day oil control method with a product that does not cost a lot.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to buy this powder. While I was shopping with my mother i saw it Burlington Coat Factory. So decide to buy not expecting much. Since i had read good and bad reviews on it. But man I was really happy that i did. I apply my foundation,concealer. I then set this with my Kabuki Brush. It set perfect with the brush.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for about a week, and i LOVE it. it keeps me matte all day long, and blurs imperfections and large pores. It really gives me a porcelain look. The powder is very white, however, I do feel it's pretty translucent, I don't get a white cast on my skin (though I am very pale so it's possible I can't tell). The packaging is pretty bulky and it's hard to control how much powder comes out, but I keep the puff it comes with inside of the container to keep it from getting too messy. I apply this with the ELF flat top powder brush. Another great mattifying powder is the Rimmel stay matte powder in translucent. I love both powders, but this one definitely makes my skin look nicer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

Without fail, when something on here gets a high rating---it looks terrible on me.

Pros-
-Silky feeling
-makes foundation last a smidge longer and helps with not transferring foundation onto clothes

Cons-
-I'm tan, no matter how little or a lot I use I get a HUGE white, chalky cast. (I use a brush not the puff it came with)
-Looks terrible at night with a camera flash
-the container/lid makes a MESS if you take it anywhere, so leave the plastic circle over the holes or don't move it from a flat area.
-I have normal to dry skin and it makes me slicker than a seal after a little while
-it doesn't really do anything...I don't have a problem with large pores so maybe that's why I haven't noticed anything?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Cheerhottiexoxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product since New Years it's amazing. It doesn't make any of my oil show through and it feels so silky on my skin I love love love it , and it's so affordable the one thing I can change is the packaging it's alittle unesisary but for my face to look as good as it does it's worth it !

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by sleepytimesamba

I love this product, it's effective and a bargain at 6. It does exactly what I want from it, reduces shine, spreads easily without being too powdery and finishes off my look. I would definitely recommend it and when I run out will be buying it again. I have been using it with E.L.F.'s fan brush and the combination is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice fine silky powder, works great on face and under eyes. Not cakey, nice sturdy packaging. The trick is to leave the sticker over the holes in place and just puncture a few, and leave the puff in the jar, otherwise the powder will be messy in the jar.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No