E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a great product for the price you pay. Its a basic translucent powder that helps control oil and set your foundation. I dont care for the packaging very well but dont know how to make packaging better. I use the poof or whatever it is first and just pat the product on and then use my e.l.f. Kabuki to blend it and apply more to my T-zone. This does a good job of controlling oil, but isnt amazing. I will continue to purchase this instead of spending a fortune for nearly the same product in different packaging and a well known brand name. I love how you can apply a ton and it wont get cakey or anything.
Pros:
Price
Controls Oil
Not cakey
Smooth and blendable

Cons:
Packaging is bulky and annoying
Doesnt fully control t-zone oil but what does?

on 7/5/2013 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is good, it's a translucent finishing powder, when used with the puff included it really locks in any face makeup, controls oil well, blurs imperfections and pores. It's not amazing but it's decent and cheap.

on 7/2/2013 1:32:00 PM

Finally, a five star product from e.l.f. This stuff is so neat. It really does "blur" lines and imperfections. I love it!

on 7/2/2013 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

ELF never fails to amaze me. Seriously.
I needed a good setting powder, but I wasn't in the market for something with coverage, as my foundation and concealer do enough on their own. I just wanted something that would set the makeup in place and look flawless.
I've been using the HD powder from ELF for about six months now, maybe more, and I adore it. I use it over BB creams, foundation, tinted moisturizer, or just as an all-over dusting when I've done spot concealing and left my face otherwise bare. It's perfect.
My skin is quite oily and porous, and this keeps my face from looking like a cavernous Slip 'n Slide. It photographs beautifully as well.
I find the pouf that comes with it to be useless in terms of direct application, but it is great for dispensing the product. I keep it in the container to keep the powder from getting everywhere, and when I want to use it, I press the pouf against the top, turn the container upside down, and then pat my ELF kabuki brush onto the pouf, picking up what was dispensed. I find it gives me just the right amount of product and keeps messes at bay. But don't apply to the face with the pouf or you'll end up applying way too much.
The package itself is a tad bulky, but it looks pretty. Simple and matte black.
And the price is obviously fantastic. To me, paying $6 for something that in my experience works every bit as well as the MUFE HD powder is a no-brainer.

on 7/2/2013 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this product! It leaves my skin super soft! Also I have HUGE pores which it has no problem covering. It is very nice for some oil control but I use a oil control primer also so I can't tell that much. This is a must buy.

on 7/1/2013 10:01:00 AM

This is a decent setting powder. I like that it is colorless. I feel like powders with color tend to change my foundation color. This feels super smooth going on, almost too smooth. It tends to make everything it touches slippery. I learned this the hard way! The packaging isn't the greatest and a lot came out at once and got all over my makeup case. When I went to pick up a brush it had some of this powder on the handle and it flew out of my hand into the toilet. Boo! Then a couple days later after I thought I had cleaned everything up, I picked up my mascara and the same thing happened. Ughhhhh. But I won't complain because the price is right and it works ok for me. This doesn't keep my super oily skin matte for long but then again nothing does. But I like that it's finely milled and I am able to touch up without looking cakey.

on 6/30/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff! It helps to blur any pores on the face, creating a soft focus. It controls oil pretty well, but there are definitely better powders for oil control out there. In addition, this must used moderately because it may give a white cast on the face.

on 6/28/2013 8:53:00 PM

This product is just fine - at first I hated it because it made me look ashy and like a ghost. Then, I recently started using it again and it actually keeps my face from becoming more oily as the day goes on(I have dry skin but being out in the sun makes it oily). The only thing I don't like is that at first it makes you look ashy and highlights any bumps/imperfections on your face. It only looks good as the day progresses and not at first. I really hate the packaging though...it's really messy and I always get it everywhere. Overall it's fine but not worth it for me to rebuy even though it's so cheap.

on 6/27/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've just repurchased this and glad I did! I have no reason to shell out for higher end HD powders like MUFE that essentially all have the same main ingredients. Perfectly happy with this e.l.f. HD powder... it does what it says! My skin's texture becomes very silky to the touch, but it also gives a mattifying yet glowing effect, and seems to soften any blemishes, scars, lines, and the overall makeup I have on underneath it.
The only real drawback is the packaging. The box is sleek but unnecessarily big for the amount of product inside (in fact, I have a feeling mine was not filled all the way when I received it...) I have to be sure to put the puff back inside immediately otherwise the slightest movement will sent powder flying!
Speaking of the puff, I get the best results using it rather than a brush. I press & roll the puff on my skin which lets the product diffuse as opposed to dusting it on.
A HG product, for sure :)

on 6/27/2013 12:27:00 AM

I love this. I finally found ELF in Australia, and being in the market for some new loose powder after my Laura Mercier Translucent went to the bottom of the jar (YAY), I figured a $6 pot of powder would get me through until I went to the department store.

This stuff is BETTER, if not exactly the same effect.

It is a PITA to get out of the jar, and I highly recommend changing to some other packaging (I dumped mine into the Laura Mercier pot) and it's much easier. You need a tiny amount, I dont even use the puff.

Awesome stuff. The best bit was when I had my photo taken at the weekend, and someone said my skin looked like porcelain. BUY ALL THE ELF!

Video Reviews & Tutorials