April 17, 2014 | 1572 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by theopenwindowmaniac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Like basically everyone else on MUA, I love this product. I use it with the e.l.f. studio powder brush and press it on. It works great in setting my foundation and on me, it provides great oil control in my T-zone. The packaging is a little weird, but for $6, I really don't care. One other use for it that I love is using it as a dry shampoo substitute. Whenever I find my bangs or sideburns area is looking a little slick, I put on some of this powder. It works great.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am actually blown away by this product. It was super cheap and it's got pretty good staying power throughout the day. I didn't need to do touchups or use blotting papers for oiliness and it makes my skin look flawless without attaching noticeably to facial hair or looking cakey. I haven't applied it over foundation, though - only moisturizer, sunscreen, and concealer. My makeup is typically pretty minimal, and I am very happy that I am done looking for a face powder.

edit: I think this was the mystery product that made my skin throw in the towel and have a major temper tantrum. I'm not acne prone and very few products have made me break out, but this one did. I have cut it out of my routine for a couple weeks now and my breakouts are healing and the acne is going away. Sigh. I don't recommend it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by jessicax21

the overall product is really good, i use it to set my under eye concealer, since i have the transparent one and it is white, it brightens up the area. the packaging is really bad and messy, the powder flies everywhere and i don't understand why the packaging is so huge either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by beachbum62290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am fairly new to E.L.F products, trying a few of them out, I just purchased this two nights ago. I had been reading reviews about it and decided to give it a go. For $6? Beats the price of my other powders I have. So why not. I'm always reluctant to buying new face products, because well, they are going on your face and may break you out/ go completely wrong. I have been using this for two days now, and I actually love it! I have the white powder. Less is more with this. Other reviews said they get a white cast on their face, so I was very cautious about how much I used. I get the smallest amount I can out, then dip a powder brush in it, and tap the brush in the top cap that comes off so excess powder falls off my brush that I don't need. With the lightest amount I dab it on my face all over, mainly in the areas I get oily after a few hours. It worked pretty well! I did have to do maybe two touch ups throughout the whole day, but on my last touchup I used just a bit more and without looking cakey or washing me out, it has been maybe 7 hours since, my face is barely oily. I'm kind of loving it! The only negative I have about it is the packaging. The container is kind of bulky and big, but it has a lot of product inside that will last me a long time, so I guess I shouldn't complain :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I really wanna love this powder but there are a few drawbacks that are stopping me from using it religiously. I use this when I have a medium to full foundation on so it doesn't look cakey. I have used both high and low end powders (Laura mercier mineral powder, smashbox HD powder, rimmel stay matte powder, MAC mineral skinfinish & blot, etc.), and I would say that I don't love it, but I'll continue to use it however, won't repurchase.

PROS:
- it leaves my skin feeling extremely soft
- the outer packaging is nice and looks high-end
- even though I bought this marked up for $6.99 CAD, I still think this is a good price for a loose powder

CONS:
- it tends to leave a white cast on my t-zone which is NOT desirable at all
- the inner packaging is horrible, not sure if mine was defective but the top comes off

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Skincaremaven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is now my Holy Grail powder. I have this in both translucent, shimmer and corrective yellow. I love them all for different purposes.

I have an empty powder container that I put in 1/2 colorless and 1/2 yellow powder. That's my basic setting powder. I have warm, fair skin and having a touch of the yellow is perfect for my skin tone.

I have another empty powder container that I put in 2 parts translucent to 1 part shimmer. The shimmer alone is too shimmery, but when it's been diluted with 2 parts regular translucent powder, it's lovely for when I want a more shimmery powder look.

This is the most affordable dupe to the other HD powders out there. When considering the quality/price ratio, this wins hands down. Highly recommended.

TIP: With this powder, less is definitely more. The translucent can def. leave you looking too pale if you use too much, especially for darker skin. If you have warm, fair-med skin, try splitting the translucent with the corrective yellow.

I don't use powder puff- that deposits too much on the skin. I lightly use a powder brush.

If you have VERY oily skin like I do, You might want to lightly use regular powder and just finish off with this to give the soft focus airbrush finish.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Catty414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder! It's texture is really soft and it feels really nice on the skin. Two things you should be aware of though!: it tends to wash out tan/darker complexions if too much is used and the packaging is a pain to deal with. I mostly use it under my eyes to brighten up the area and then apply a tiny amount to the rest of my face. If I go overboard I usually set it with a matte bronzer or a darker powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by dharsea

When I first bought this, I didn't really have high hopes for it since it was so cheap. Turns out, I really enjoy having it. Made my skin look flawless, smooth, and silky. A little bit goes a long way, and if you use too much, it leaves you looking washed out. I recommend not taking the entire sticker off the holes or else you'll have all the fine powder sitting in the lid.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this powder but I hate it!!! It broke me out and leaves my skin looking white and dull. I hate it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't really want to dish out $36 for the MUFE one, so I bought this for $6. It does work well, but that's about all I can say. It leaves a slight white cast and shows off peach fuzz, but it sets my foundation wonderfully and is very soft.