Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

I'm a neutrals girls but something abt this blueish-minty-green really drew me in. Part of me doesn't like it bc its too flashy and stark against my skin, part of me loves it for that exact reason. It's a really unique and fun color.

HOWEVER, the application is a bit of a nightmare. As much as I want to be happy with this purchase, I can't be! It's just SO high maintenance. It takes so much work to get it to apply even and look neat. If I wipe off the excess it becomes too thin and streaky looking but if I don't it starts gooping up and dripping everywhere. Too much gets on the nail and it's a huge mess. It gets all over my cuticles. To add insult to injury, it chips within 2 days. It's pretty much up there, in terms of terrible consistency, with Essie's Van'dgo which I think is the worst Essie polish I've even purchased. Unless you're an expert @ applying nailpolish or really have a lot of patience, I recommend you not buy this color.
Essie is SO hit and miss for me in terms of quality. Wish I could return it but instead It's sitting in my nailpolish box taking up space and collecting dust. REGRET.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite polish to wear. I always loved mint green creme shades and this is the best. It lasts and covers my nails perfectly in 2 coats, it dries super fast also. It was my 1st Essie purchase and I'm very happy to try more shades now!

on 5/1/2011 6:22:00 PM

This is a beautiful nail polish. The color is unique and very pretty. It applies very smoothly and is opaque in 2 coats. Wearing this polish i have been asked if I got my nails done because it is so smooth and shiny. The color is so pretty I have even gifted bottles to a few of my friends. You need it!

on 4/26/2011 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the worst polish I have used in terms of application. The color is a bit more blue than "minty". This is so goopy, thick and streaky. This specific polish kind of turned me off Essie :/. Sigh.

on 4/26/2011 8:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was really late to the party with this one. I wound up getting a few of the many dupes that are running around these days, and they are nice, but MCA really is worth the purchase. It's got this tiny bit of blue running through it that sets it appart from the other mint greens, but the blue isn't so intense that it sends MCA into turquoise territiory. It's unique, beautiful, and earns it's spot in my collection. :)

on 4/8/2011 2:17:00 PM

The boyfriend's sister in law gifted me this particular shade because she knew I was on the hunt for a Chanel Jade lookalike. It's very similar, lovely and great quality. You can't go wrong with Essie.

on 3/12/2011 12:39:00 PM

Love love LOOOOOVE this nail polish. I searched high and low for it last year when it came out (winter 2010), but I could only find the mini version in a gift package (which I knew wasn't going to be enough). I finally found the full version last winter and I couldn't have been happier!

I describe the colour as more of a robin's egg blue than seafoam or mint green, because it does look a bit more blue. That being said it still has a minty-green feel to it. I get fantastic coverage with two coats, and like any other Essie nail polish I've tried the lasting power even without a top coat is great.

This is a great colour for spring (mint greens, along with lilacs, oranges, and yellows are really hot for spring right now!) and it's a colour that I like to wear when transitioning from winter to spring as a nice pick-me-up :)

Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 3/2/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got this polish after I'd heard all the excitement over Chanel's Jade. I didn't want to pay that much for polish so I checked this out. I got it thinking it was pretty but figuring I wouldn't use it much. I use it all the time! It's pretty much Tiffany Blue (I compared it to a Tiffany box). It's perfect for spring and summer but it's also a great pick-me-up color for fall and winter! Love it!

on 3/2/2011 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was so excited to get this polish in the mail thinking it was going to look like a pale mint green on me, it honestly looks sooo much like ChinaGlaze's For Audrey that I'm kinda upset I got it. I wish I picked a different shade now, I guess thats what happens when u own tons of polish. It's probaly a touch lighter and a touch greener then For Audrey but is not a true mint green at all. It has the same super opaque finish and thick texture also. It's a pretty shade/great quality so I can't fault it, it just was not what I was expecting color wise.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this shade! It's fun and fresh, it remind's me of spring. I have tan skin and brown hair and I love this color on me.

Top Rated Essie Products