Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 5/28/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I Love love love this color!! When i get tan in the summer it looks really good on my toes. I get more compliments on this color than any color i own. Guys have stopped to say they like my nail polish color. I think that speaks for itself.

The first coat can be a little streaky but the second coat goes on opaque. I am half way though the bottle and will definitely be repurchasing it.

on 5/27/2011 1:49:00 PM

I love the colour of this polish, but I am not crazy about the formula. This polish is very streaky, but with two or three coats it will be opaque. The major problem I had with it, was drying time. I would put this on and then drying drops and then wait a good 15 minutes before adding another coat. When I put my topcoat on, it started to pull the other polish. I will have to experiment with it more, but I don't think I would repurchase.

on 5/24/2011 9:44:00 PM

My favorite polish color to date--very flattering, more of a robin's egg blue than a mint green. Perfect with every skin tone. The formula needs improvement, though. It's gloppy and I find it difficult to get a smooth finish on every nail. Full coverage in two coats. Small chips after two or three days. I suggest a base coat, since the polish tends to yellow my nails a bit. Even with its fair share of downsides, I am a huge fan.

on 5/22/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh. Em. Gee. I LOVE this color. It's a color that would look good on all skin types. Perfect for any season! I didn't have a problem with the polish streaking.

on 5/22/2011 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Essie usually takes a couple coats to apply an some start out streaky but, it always goes opaque after at two coats. I think it is worth it because it isn't a nail polish that chips easy it really does last. Plus this color is just freaking gorgeous.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I agree with pretty much everything the previous reviewer said about this polish and Essie in general. I *love* the color of MCA - it's a pastel aqua blue green. It really does remind me of the green of mint chocolate chip ice cream. But I can't abide the streaky, gloopy formula. I have not had the best of luck with Essie polishes in general (and I've tried many colors, having the best luck with the darker shades and Mademoiselle) and MCA is another example of why. I just think they are overpriced and very hit or miss as far as quality (much more so than OPI or China Glaze imo). I will keep trying different colors since I have discovered a few gems in the line, but this one is going up for swap.

I'm a neutrals girls but something abt this blueish-minty-green really drew me in. Part of me doesn't like it bc its too flashy and stark against my skin, part of me loves it for that exact reason. It's a really unique and fun color.

HOWEVER, the application is a bit of a nightmare. As much as I want to be happy with this purchase, I can't be! It's just SO high maintenance. It takes so much work to get it to apply even and look neat. If I wipe off the excess it becomes too thin and streaky looking but if I don't it starts gooping up and dripping everywhere. Too much gets on the nail and it's a huge mess. It gets all over my cuticles. To add insult to injury, it chips within 2 days. It's pretty much up there, in terms of terrible consistency, with Essie's Van'dgo which I think is the worst Essie polish I've even purchased. Unless you're an expert @ applying nailpolish or really have a lot of patience, I recommend you not buy this color.
Essie is SO hit and miss for me in terms of quality. Wish I could return it but instead It's sitting in my nailpolish box taking up space and collecting dust. REGRET.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite polish to wear. I always loved mint green creme shades and this is the best. It lasts and covers my nails perfectly in 2 coats, it dries super fast also. It was my 1st Essie purchase and I'm very happy to try more shades now!

on 5/1/2011 6:22:00 PM

This is a beautiful nail polish. The color is unique and very pretty. It applies very smoothly and is opaque in 2 coats. Wearing this polish i have been asked if I got my nails done because it is so smooth and shiny. The color is so pretty I have even gifted bottles to a few of my friends. You need it!

on 4/26/2011 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the worst polish I have used in terms of application. The color is a bit more blue than "minty". This is so goopy, thick and streaky. This specific polish kind of turned me off Essie :/. Sigh.

Popular Polishes