April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was cakey and clumpy on me and dried out my lips like crazy. It goes on very heavily and there are SO many long lasting lipsticks that surpass this one hugely.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by maybaby523

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wear this stuff everyday. For me it stays on better than anything else I have tried, and my lips don't get dried out like some people here have had happen. Maybe it is because I have been using it for years and have just learned how much to put on. (Very little, spread it quickly.) My two problems with it are: the shades often don't go on the same color they look in the tube and/or the display case; and once you do find a shade you like good luck finding it again. There is no identifying information on the tube except a sticker on the bottom with a shade number only, and even the number wears off if you have had it tossing around in a makeup bag or purse for any amount of time. Overall a very durable lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by BurnsNeverTans

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I discovered this product working an overnight shift in a hospital. There was another RN there with the best looking lipstick....and I noticed it never moved, faded, or changed at all, through the whole 12 hour shift- we drank tons of coffee, ate our snacks, etc. What was this amazing product? She never reapplied, I was watching. I finally asked her-- she wasn't surprised at all by my question, said women asked her all the time. Not only could she name the product & color but the # of the color on the end of the tube. (As a previous poster has pointed out, CG doesn't put the name of the color on the tube, just a number. Very annoying.)
I have since become dedicated to the Outlast line of lip color. To be sure it is not a regular, slippery lipstick. But man, it stays on. I've not had a problem with lips drying out or uneven wear. That s**t stays ON. I don't know why other posters even bother to take it off at night. It's not like it's going to come off on your pillow or something. I just reinforce it the next morning. THAT SAID......

what is with the colors CG makes? Eeeewww, I've found maybe three I can live with- the only one I loved, discontinued, of course. I've got a good solid everyday-to-work color, and a darker one for nights and a couple other ones I keep playing with. I checked the CG website and they're revamping the line in January (warning: if there's a color you love it's probably about to be discontinued. Remember to stock up before Thanksgiving.)
Does anyone know of any comprable products out there? I just want a nice mauve/purple number suitable for a blue/blonde. I've tried Paula's Choice Constant Color (too BRIGHT) and asked one clerk at Sephora- no dice.
I don't want to scare anybody away from this product, I love it and will continue my experiments in January. Don't forget you can take home, open and use it and still return it for a full refund at CVS or wherever.
But I'm willing to jump ship if anyone knows any product that performs the same way.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by JudiAllison

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am one who like's this product a lot. I have a few shades. Though, I've noticed they are discontinuing some of the colors. I hate when these companies do that! I have one favorite color #895, that has been discontinued. I did find it at a WalMart the other day, at least I got 2!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

If your lips can tolerate this stuff for a whole day, they may already be dead. The next morning I was peeling the skin off my lips like I was peeling a grape. I was molting for days. But it's a good idea and must have some other artistic uses, like serving as fake blood for trick-or-treating in the rain.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by indiandiva

I LOVE this product. I have used Maybelline, Bourjoix, L'Oreal and all other long lasting lipsticks. But Cover Girl is quite simply the best. So much so that I have stopped using all other brands. I have about 20 shades of this lipstick. I apply this in the morning and it's still on till evening although it can get a bit dry if you don't apply the top coat. Once I get to office I never have time to run and check my make up in the bathroom and if I did not have Cover Girl I would be sitting in a meeting looking all washed out with no make-up. Cover Girl Outlast is the ONLY brand that hasn't let me down and I have tried every new brand that has come on to the market. Some shades stay on more than others, the lighter ones wear off sooner in my experience. My dates love it too as the lipstick does not get on to their lips or collar if we kiss. In fact, one of the guys I dated hated the taste of gloss and lipsticks and never wanted to kiss unless I had bare lips. But I hate going bare lipped in public. We reached a compromise with this Cover Girl as it never got on his lips. I love this product, it has literally been a life saver for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2007 12:29:00 PM More reviews by avapearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried this product in some shades and did not like them, however, I really love it in other shades. If you can find a color you like, it is a great product that really does last!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 12:12:00 PM More reviews by auntnett

APPLICATION MATTERS - you won't like it if you don't apply it properly (see below)

I have used no other lipstick for about 5 years. You have to learn to work with it and some colors last better than others, but any of them work better than other long-last lipsticks of this type and infinitely better than regular lipsticks.

My only complaint is that every time I find a color that works for me, they discontinue it!

I used to get lipstick on my teeth all the time, even after doing the tissue around the finger trick - never happens now. I put it on about 6:00 in the morning and usually have to take it off with remover at bedtime unless I've eaten something pretty greasy.

I have no problem whatsoever with my lips drying out - in fact, in the past my lips would crack at some point every winter, and they NEVER do now. And I'm often lax about re-applying the top coat, too. Each application usually lasts a couple of hours, but even if I don't stop and reapply, it looks fine and it doesn't feel bad. No more of that cakey, gummy feeling that I get ever so often with regular lipstick.

You have to quickly and carefully apply the color once in the morning, quickly cleaning up the edges and making sure not to apply too thick a coat, and then do not ever try to reapply color on top of color. Too thick a layer or more than one layer will flake. If you need to fix the color, you need to just remove it altogether and start over. If you follow those rules, you'll have no problems and will grow to love never being without lip color! I just carry a tiny bottle of remover in my purse, just in case.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by dall

I hate this -- way too drying on your lips, and you have to re-apply the top coat all day long!!! Who wants to carry around a tube all day? whats the point,? If you gotta carry a tube you might as well carry a regular lipstick, at least you won't end up with dry cracking lips!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by dannymalinsa

This lipstick made my lips soo dry and chapped. I hate how nasty it looks on me as well. The bad part is the taste. I seriously don't know how this became popular. Oh god.