November 23, 2014 | 1720 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by ginnylavender

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doesn't last on me, especially compared to the Maybelline--see review. However, the colors are softer and I like them better. I keep both of these lipcolors on hand, and sometimes put the Cover Girl over the Maybelline. The little case containing the color and the balm is great. I wish all lip colors were packaged that way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product, as I use it almost daily. My HG is pink pearl-which, as the name states, imparts a pearly pink. As another reviewer stated, you have to be careful not to apply too much, as it can be quite clumpy; like wet concrete. I don't use the topcoat, as I find it doesn't help with moisturizing. It only breaks up the lip-color, making it gritty. If you decide to use Outlast, I recommend pealing the color off at the end of the day, and moisturizing like crazy. It can dry and crack your lips. Overall, a decent product that saves you from incessantly reapplying.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

God this stuff is lame. I bought it in a shade that looked like a dark red, then when i opened it, it was 5 times lighter, like the worse red that no skin tone can pull off. Just all sorts of bad. I got this for my wedding but im glad I tested it before the actual day. Back to target it went.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ohiopirate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high hopes when buying this product. I would love to find a lipcolor to last during the workday, but this did not work at all. It dried my lips out too much and I was reapplying the topcoat like every 10 minutes. Also, the color would flake off my lps and accentuate every line on my lips. I was very disappointed in this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Though I've tried every brand of permatone lippie there is, over the past several months it's clear that Outlast is my favorite. I've stocked up on 8 shades and it's all I wear on days I'm with my toddler girl (who loves to touch my mouth). Note I did not give it 5 lippies-- because every permatone there is has the problem of just feeling a bit unnatural on the lips. Sure, there's a moisturizing topcoat, but it sits on top of the layer of paint and isn't nearly as soothing as, say, a standard gloss or balm.

Outlast comes in a nice variety of colors, and I like that the paint portion is clear so you can see the actual product shade. I hear CG is completely revamping the product in January, FYI. My faves are My Papaya (soft peachy pink--not orangey as the name would suggest); Timeless Ruby (neutral deep berry); Ever Red-dy (vivid '40s blue-red); and Canyon (medium warm mocha--deeper than YLBB).

For me, Outlast has the right combination of color selection, easy-to-use color applicator, good-quality topcoat (I hate those greasy liquid glosses that stray outside the lipline), and longevity (I can wear even deep colors for 8 hours with no wear at all, even with lunch at Subway-- 12 hours with slight flaking and peeling). Yes, you will still get the ring-around-the-lips effect if you have a very oily meal-- but that's true of all of them and it's quickly remedied with a targeted re-application.

I will admit it's a pain to have the products packaged separately. There's no reason not to do a double-barreled approach a la Maybelline Superstay.

**2 tips on Outlast:

1) E-tailers on eBay sell it for much less than in the store. You can get Outlast for $4-$7 on eBay-- or, if you're willing to gamble on a pack of assorted shades, they're each about $2.

2) To make removal easy, apply a thick coat of Vaseline or regular oil-based lip balm and go about your business for 30 minutes or so. Now wipe firmly with a tissue.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2007 12:52:00 PM More reviews by yaitza

I don't like this lipstick. It dries my lips even when I apply the balm every 30 mins. It didn't last like it was suppose, and it starts fading from the interior of my lips to the front making them look ugly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like these lipsticks. I have 3 of them and I like using them when I want my lipstick to last a few hours. They don't dry out my lips like other lasting lipsticks (Revlon!) and there is a great color selection too! I got my for really cheap at an outlet, but I'm not sure if I'd pay full price for them ($10CA).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by laurentoohott0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lipstick was pretty dissapointing. With a name like OUTLAST it should have stayed on for much longer. Mine wore off much earlier in the night than I was looknig for. The colors were okay, but nothing special and it really didnt go on too well in my opinion. Im not a fan and would not endorse you going out to buy this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by mrgnasher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product doesn't last very well. It started peeling off my lips after a few hours and left my lips really dry at the end of the day. I couldn't wear it two days in a row because of the drying. The colors aren't very exciting either. It does last better than regular lipstick, but the drying was a real disaster for me. My lips are normally on the dry side, but nothing that I think is unusual.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was cakey and clumpy on me and dried out my lips like crazy. It goes on very heavily and there are SO many long lasting lipsticks that surpass this one hugely.