Cover Girl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

3.1

First of all let me say that I really love wearing longwear lipcolors; my lips are very pale and look awful with nothing on. As with any longwear lipcolor this one is drying; all brands seem to be though so I won't judge it for that. While this is an ok inexpensive option for a longwear color I won't be re-purchasing. My problem with this longwear is that it doesn't wear off evenly (even when gloss is applied regularly over it) also, if you don't use the topcoat they package with the product and use a gloss that is more moisturizing it wears off quite quickly. I like the Revlon Colorstay Overtime Sheer better but even that does not seem to wear evenly, especially in the brighter colors. I will move on to MAC Pro Longwear after hearing so many good things and hopefully more $$ will mean better product!

Pros: Inexpensive. Nice color selection.
Cons: Doesn't wear evenly. Wears quickly with moisturizing gloss.

This product really does stay put, doesnt get on your teeth AND, has some very nice colors. Unfortunately it also has to be applied with this fat wand and if you are in a hurry, you might end up looking like the joker, for the whole day because it will stain your lip and everything else immediately. It constantly has to be pampered because it drys out your lips and flakes... Its shocking to check it out at the end of the day. It looks like some kind of disease on your lips. If you mess up putting it on, its like impossible to get it to blend with a new layer especially if you already put the moisturizer on before realizing the problem. Impossible to "scrap off" and fix.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for years in many colors. I love how the color truly lasts all day - if you apply when your lips are dry, and wait for the color to dry before the top coat, it will last a good 10-12 hours. It does dry lips somewhat but I am a blistex junkie anyway so I just apply that as needed through the day. The one complaint I have is you can't really retouch the color without it looking crumbly on your lips, but if it's applied right you shouldn't need to touch up during the day. Overall I love this product and use it every day!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been using Outlast for years and am quite happy with it. The color lasts all day on me. I find that it does dry out lips a little, but that is the nature of long-lasting lipcolor, and it helps if you reapply the topcoat periodically. I do find that I run out of topcoat faster than the color, so maybe Covergirl could put more of it in the tube. Price-wise, it is costly, but I always stock up when it is 40% off.

For those having trouble taking it off, I have found that silicone hair serum works best. A lot easier than baby oil or makeup remover.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love it! I usually shell out the $25 for the Lancome Juicy Wear. For $3.50 (was on sale at CVS), I'm an Outlast convert. I like that you can apply the color lightly or heavily. The gloss has a nice fruity smell. Best of all, it stays on all day!

This has been my HG lip color for years! I don't like the Smoothwear version as the color doesn't last nearly as long as the regular Outlast. Definitely stays on ALL DAY! I do have to re-apply the top coat periodically, but since I know the color is always there, I don't mind (can do on the fly w/ no worries.) Would be nice if the 2 products were in 1 package, but since the color does stay on me all day and into the evening, I only take the topcoat w/ me (have several lying around) so really, I only carry 1 product anyway. Since I have to use makeup remover to remove my waterproof mascara, its no addt effort to take 1 extra swipe to get this stuff off my lips. Am concerned that now w/ the change in packaging (my stuff is in blue containers and I see they have changed to either white or clear lids/tops - can't recall) that they may have changed the colors too - haven't bought my HG Naturalast since packaging change, but did look at it in store - seems to be a different shade w/ the same name. Guess I will have to experiment when the time comes to purchase again.

I am NC 15 - 20; Fairly Light in EM; lightest or 2nd lightest in most ds foundations. Colors that look good w/ my skintone: #545

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm kind of torn on this product... I can not stand the actual lipstick... But am in LOVE with the gloss. Would buy the entire kit again solely for the gloss, however, the gloss now can be bought separately. I do not like the packaging, because it is easy to get the two tubes separated or misplace one. The lipstick flakes very easily if you're not reapplying the gloss every few minutes. I give it credit though, because it does actually stay... Maybe a little too much. Overall, not a great product.

PROS: Does what it says it will do. This stuff has maximum staying power. Eat, drink, play, even sleep in it if you want to. Will not come off.

CONS: Removal. Try as I might, I couldn't get it to come off with anything other than baby oil. Also, it is a two part lipstick, and it would be very easy to lose the gloss part. Colours hard to see unless you open up the box. Product dries a slightly different colour than in the tube.

OVERALL: My HG lipstick when I go out for a night on the town or for whenever I need that extra mileage out of a lipstick. Too drying for daily use. Excellent product! (Although it needs to come in a nice dark red without frost) Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love the colors and the staying power. i love the look on my lips but i wish the packaging was better. something that would fuse the 2 products together.......

I bought this in Berry preserve and I too find it a bit drying. I also don't like the two seperate tubes. L'Oreal's Infalliable is much better plus the tubes are in one compact which keeps them together and easier to find in my overloaded makeup bag! Probably wouldn't buy this again unless they improve it.

Recommended for Medium Skin