Ecotools Domed Bronzer Brush

4.7

Bamboo, synthetic hairs, aluminum

on 4/15/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great brush but the packaging is poor. I am not using the plastic pouch it came in. I love this brush and just recently bought a second one. I originally bought it for applying bronzer all over my face and it is perfect for that application. My second one is for powder or mineral powder. I love these brushes. They are cheap, soft, wash and wear well and do not pick up too much product. Excellent value. I bought mine at Whole Foods because my Target and CVS never seemed to have these in stock.

on 4/15/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to all face powder brush. Excellent for pressing powder onto face (gets rid of big pores) and then buffing the powder in. I have large pores on my face and had always used to matte powder finishes. But I also want the look of natural (not so matte) look. I find this brush excellent for using MAC's mineralize natural skinfinish to set foundation.
The brush is so soft on the face.
It is so inexpensive yet high quality. No shedding. This is preferrable to MAC's face brushes (i find them to shed too much). Excellent, excellent buy!

on 3/21/2012 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this brush quite a while ago, used it for a bit, and then forgot about it. I recently began using it again and can't remember why I ever stopped! This brush is so soft and so dense, it applies powder perfectly! Other reviewers have said that this brush is too big for applying bronzer, but I disagree; I think this brush is great for applying a thin layer of bronzer over your forehead/cheeks. It is NOT good if you are using bronzer to contour, as the brush is far too large for that. I particularly love this brush for applying loose translucent powder over my foundation. Because it is more dense, it takes a little longer to clean and you must allow more time for it to dry after cleaning. I have never had a single bristle shed from this brush!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this brush it's very soft And I really enjoy using it with my powder because it doesn't seem to move the foundation!!! I got mine on sale for 2.00 at target and i got it because I heard a lot of people review it and I just had to try it! I can honestly say even though it's not a high end brush its still very good.It hasn't lost any bristles yet!

on 3/6/2012 9:21:00 PM

Great brush with dense and soft bristles. I can't imagine using this to contour because it is so big that it could be a kabuki brush. I use this as a powder brush and it works very well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This brush is fantastic, works well for powder or bronzer/highlighter. It is soooo soft and a really great value. Rivals my too faced one in terms of softness. It is just fantastic.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this brush so much! It's so versatile! I use it mostly for stippling liquid foundation and buffing concealer on lighter coverage days. It gives me a beautiful finish.

I've also used it for bronzer application as well as blush and pressed powder.

I'll definitely be buying another one of these to add to my collection!

on 2/20/2012 10:42:00 PM

One of my favorite face brushes. I rarely use it as a bronzing brush but for mineral powder because it buffs it in really well. It is pretty big, and I have a rather large face, so that is something to consider. I, however, love that it is so dense and massive because it applies quicker. I personally find that even though it is dense, it does not soak up a lot of product and always appears rather clean. I have a love hate relationship with the appearance of the brush, since I like for my brushes to have that modern "professional" appearance like MAC brushes, but who really cares right? It does take a while to dry but I would say its quicker than Sigma max brushes and even elf powder brush. It is also really affordable, far cheaper than bronzing/kabuki brushes that are out there and scratchy or poor in quality. Recommend it and you can catch these on sale at most drugstores if you look out for it.

on 2/20/2012 10:05:00 PM

At first, I didn't know what to do with this brush because its too huge and dense for putting bronzer on. So I like to use it for buffing/blending. I'm afraid to use it for liquid foundation. I wouldn't want to ruin the texture. If I did, I would definitely buy another one. It's pretty neat

on 2/15/2012 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I would be giving this brush 5 lippies and a "yes" to buying again if Ecotools hadn't *just* released a flat-top brush that's FAR superior to this one in every way. Not to say that the bronzer brush is bad; far from it actually. It's an excellent value for the price, sturdily put together, and the bristles are soft, dense, and don't take as long as other kabukis to dry (this dried in half the time of my TF retractable kabuki). The thick handle isn't a problem for me since I have long fingers and usually have the opposite problem of brush handles being too skinny/short. However, the brush head on this is a bit *too*dense, and a little stiff even after repeated washings/use. Since this brush is basically a kabuki-on-a-stick I wouldn't recommend it for applying blush and/or finishing powder, it'd buff it right off. I used it for my mineral foundation and it applied with a smooth, airbrushed finish, but I noticed the brush was eating quite a bit of product. I also had to be careful blending/buffing my foundation with this as you can easily buff it right off if you're not paying attention. I could've easily ignored these gripes, but again, Ecotools' new flat top is FAR better for my needs than this brush--applies mineral foundation just as well without eating a ton of powder, is much softer but still dense, and has more give without being floppy. Plus, the more compact head makes it easier to reach all the nooks and crannies. I won't buy another of the bronzer brush, but don't regret getting it and will try to find another use for it or give it to a friend.

Top Rated Ecotools Products