October 24, 2014 | 1776 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i've owned this for a while, and though i don't feel the need to use it everyday, i still love it! it makes my face so soft and smooth and evens out the texture. i use it mostly on special occasions or when i really need to make my makeup stay on. i am a product junkie so i have a few other that i use, including a trial size of Benefit (which of course is far more costly to buy in full size), and i think i like the hard candy better. the Benefit tends to be really liquid-y and doesn't make my face as soft. also, avon makes a decent one as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by mariajgutierrez0415

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product for months and LOVED it, for the most part it kept me matte and my make up looking fresh with no breakouts. The tube i bought lasted for months. The reason I no longer use this product is because I use the Monistat chaffing gel now.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by ashleyyyx702

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish this would have worked for me! But it broke me out!!! I got little bumps all around my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

brought this product not long ago and can't really say that I've noticed much difference in the condition of my skin after foundation when using this. I haven't really noticed my make up staying on any longer, This does tend to make me a little bit oily but no more then any other primer. I don't hate this primer but I don't really think it does enough to bother buying it again. I have used monistat chaffing cream before and I think it worked much better then this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

I love this primer! It makes my skin smooth and matte. And makes it easier to blend my foundation. The product separates so remember to shake before using and you'll be fine.
There are better primers out there, but I would still repurchase because it's cheap and it works for me!

EDIT*

I will no longer repurchase this. They recently changed the formula, and I find that it is now too shimmery and oxidizes my foundation. And I also realized that it does not make my makeup last longer at all, even before they changed the formula.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cheap and cute packaging. But, it comes from the belly of the devil itself (WalMart) and, thus, it sucks. I think it broke my skin out a little, as it is (I believe) silicone based. I should have known better, but I gave silicone-based primer another chance. Also, it does nothing as a primer, that is, didn't really smooth out my skin or make foundation apply any differently or make it last any longer than if I had not worn it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by underage

I'm not a huge fan of primers but decided to try this one out because it was so cheap and has good reviews. This product did absolutely nothing for me though. I like how it makes my skin feel smooth but then it kind of balls up and leaves chunks of skin (??) on my face! Ew! It did nothing to extend the life of my makeup so I'm not going to continue using this. Can't compare to Smashbox when I do use primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by vesquer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this primer........I always have a hard time finding this in my local walmart but when I did I snatched it up...I wish I bought two of them.....Applies easily and it makes my makeup last all day!!!!!!! Go get it if you can find it....I use it everyday a little goes a long way.....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm still testing out primers, as I haven't found my HG yet. The first time I went to buy this, it was not in stock. I purchased L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base instead. A few days later, I went back and the Hard Candy Primer was there. I bought it as well, thinking I'd alternate with the L'Oreal Primer (14$ for L'Oreal vs. 8$ for HC). As others have said, you should shake before applying as the product tends to separate and a little goes a long way. I tried this primer under my liquid foundation and applied my usual powder overtop (both foundation and powder by CG in Ivory). It didn't really make any difference in applying and within a few hours, my face was more shiny than it usually was without the primer.

Not wanting to waste my 8$, I decided to try another approach. I used the L'Oreal primer as a base, and mixed a little of the Hard Candy primer with my foundation. Followed with powder as usual. This seemed to yield much better results. Makeup went on better and there was much less shine. For the fact that I had to use it in cinjunction with another, more expensive product for it to work made me hesitant to repurchase. Additionally, the L'Oreal primer on its own didn't yield much better results. I will continue to use them together until I run out, but I'm still searching for my HG. I think next up will be UD's facial primers or mattifying spray. Though, I'm tempted to try the spray first because you can get a smaller travel-sized one and their full-sized products are expensive. I love their Primer Potion for eyes and I'm hoping I may have luck with their facial primer.

Overall, I would skip the Hard Candy primer. You get what you pay for, and in this case, not much,

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by elfettig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin. Because of my skin's rough condition, I am very careful about what beauty products I use. This was the first primer I've ever tried, and after trying a few others, it's my HG primer.
After cleaning my face, I use a light-weight, oil-free moisturizer for combination skin. Then I apply a pea-sized amount of the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer with my fingertips. I let it dry and then put on my foundation and the rest of my makeup.
My first impression was that the consistancy seemed a bit choppy when I first squeezed it onto my fingers. However, rubbing it into my skin, it was super soft (though, not as soft as Smashbox Photo-Finish Primer) It did feel a little bit greasy, especially if I used too much.
I don't really feel like it reduces shine the way it claims it will. However, it does make my skin very smooth and hides my large pores without clogging them. Also, I did notice that my makeup stays on longer when I wear this primer.
The reason that the Sheer Envy Primer is better than the other primers I've tried is because of the price. I feel that this primer does it's job. The great price for the amount of product you get pushed it into the HG catagory for me.
I would recommend this product to anyone with a similar skin-type to mine. I will be repurchasing.