August 28, 2014 | 919 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by annalynne

I love this primer! It makes my skin smooth and matte. And makes it easier to blend my foundation. The product separates so remember to shake before using and you'll be fine.
There are better primers out there, but I would still repurchase because it's cheap and it works for me!

EDIT*

I will no longer repurchase this. They recently changed the formula, and I find that it is now too shimmery and oxidizes my foundation. And I also realized that it does not make my makeup last longer at all, even before they changed the formula.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cheap and cute packaging. But, it comes from the belly of the devil itself (WalMart) and, thus, it sucks. I think it broke my skin out a little, as it is (I believe) silicone based. I should have known better, but I gave silicone-based primer another chance. Also, it does nothing as a primer, that is, didn't really smooth out my skin or make foundation apply any differently or make it last any longer than if I had not worn it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by underage

I'm not a huge fan of primers but decided to try this one out because it was so cheap and has good reviews. This product did absolutely nothing for me though. I like how it makes my skin feel smooth but then it kind of balls up and leaves chunks of skin (??) on my face! Ew! It did nothing to extend the life of my makeup so I'm not going to continue using this. Can't compare to Smashbox when I do use primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by vesquer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this primer........I always have a hard time finding this in my local walmart but when I did I snatched it up...I wish I bought two of them.....Applies easily and it makes my makeup last all day!!!!!!! Go get it if you can find it....I use it everyday a little goes a long way.....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm still testing out primers, as I haven't found my HG yet. The first time I went to buy this, it was not in stock. I purchased L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base instead. A few days later, I went back and the Hard Candy Primer was there. I bought it as well, thinking I'd alternate with the L'Oreal Primer (14$ for L'Oreal vs. 8$ for HC). As others have said, you should shake before applying as the product tends to separate and a little goes a long way. I tried this primer under my liquid foundation and applied my usual powder overtop (both foundation and powder by CG in Ivory). It didn't really make any difference in applying and within a few hours, my face was more shiny than it usually was without the primer.

Not wanting to waste my 8$, I decided to try another approach. I used the L'Oreal primer as a base, and mixed a little of the Hard Candy primer with my foundation. Followed with powder as usual. This seemed to yield much better results. Makeup went on better and there was much less shine. For the fact that I had to use it in cinjunction with another, more expensive product for it to work made me hesitant to repurchase. Additionally, the L'Oreal primer on its own didn't yield much better results. I will continue to use them together until I run out, but I'm still searching for my HG. I think next up will be UD's facial primers or mattifying spray. Though, I'm tempted to try the spray first because you can get a smaller travel-sized one and their full-sized products are expensive. I love their Primer Potion for eyes and I'm hoping I may have luck with their facial primer.

Overall, I would skip the Hard Candy primer. You get what you pay for, and in this case, not much,

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by elfettig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin. Because of my skin's rough condition, I am very careful about what beauty products I use. This was the first primer I've ever tried, and after trying a few others, it's my HG primer.
After cleaning my face, I use a light-weight, oil-free moisturizer for combination skin. Then I apply a pea-sized amount of the Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer with my fingertips. I let it dry and then put on my foundation and the rest of my makeup.
My first impression was that the consistancy seemed a bit choppy when I first squeezed it onto my fingers. However, rubbing it into my skin, it was super soft (though, not as soft as Smashbox Photo-Finish Primer) It did feel a little bit greasy, especially if I used too much.
I don't really feel like it reduces shine the way it claims it will. However, it does make my skin very smooth and hides my large pores without clogging them. Also, I did notice that my makeup stays on longer when I wear this primer.
The reason that the Sheer Envy Primer is better than the other primers I've tried is because of the price. I feel that this primer does it's job. The great price for the amount of product you get pushed it into the HG catagory for me.
I would recommend this product to anyone with a similar skin-type to mine. I will be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the original Sheer Envy primer....I didn't mind the price ($8) but I hated how greasy I felt all day long AND the fact that it broke me out almost immediately. I tried it for 2 days and had greasy skin and breakouts (and this was the only new product in my regime) so I returned it. I love this brand, and I was sad that it didn't work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Great, affordable primer. Doesn't emphasize my dry areas too. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by HannahS30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer! it made my skin so smooth and silky! and doesn't break me out!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by jessicaortiz20

I had never really used a primer before but decided maybe I should be using it considering my makeup always rubs off. I bought this primer along with loreal naturale mineral powder. First when you apply the primer it feels sort of greasy but I think it has more of a whipped texture than anything and since I have combination skin I thought it was going to make my skin really oily which it did not do. I applied it and then on top put the loreal naturale powder on top and it made the coverage very even! I love both of these products.
I accidently slept in my make up last night and woke up to see my makeup look exactly the same as it did when I had first applied it! I was very shocked that the primer worked so well! Also, I have used this product before and it has never made me breakout or anything....I would definately buy this again!