NARS Loose Powder

4.4

talc, silica, polyethylene, zea mays [zea mays (corn) starch], nylon-66, isopropyl myristate, disodium edta, dimethicone, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, /- may contain : mica, ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides) ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green).

on 3/14/2008 11:55:00 PM

One of the best loose powders I've ever tried. Have been using it for about a year now. Great color match, doesn't make me breakout, super-fine A-grade powder that leaves a long-lasting smooth finish. I do not have to touch up all day.

on 3/8/2008 5:42:00 PM

Um so ya this powder is amazing! I use it over foundation and it sets it beautifully. I am amazed when I look in the mirror hours after applying it, it still looks flawless. I don't even need touch ups anymore. Glides on the skin effortless and gives a beautiful finish. Ladies, please try this loose powder because I promise you will love it.

on 3/6/2008 1:59:00 PM

I tried NARS powder based on the reviews here at MUA. I've been using the NARS loose powder in Desert for over two weeks and am very pleased with the results. I normally wear concealer, foundation, and powder every day. Since I started using NARS, I found that I can skip the foundation and still have beautiful coverage. As others have stated the powder does seem to melt in the skin and I'm not left with that caked on makeup look. I've also noticed that my blush doesn't come out streaky when I use this powder.

The powder was a bit on the pricey side, but when you figure that I don't have to use foundation it makes up for it (I use MAC's Studio fix fluid which was setting me back about $25 a bottle).

Some have mentioned the packaging being messy, but since I don't travel with it I haven't had a problem. On the occasions that I want to take some with me, I transfer it into one of my old Everday Minerals containers and take a kabuki for touch ups.

Overall, I love this powder and will definitely repurchase!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I started using this powder a couple months ago and here's what it does for me

-It gives me a soft ethereal airbrushed look

-The coverage is fantastic for me I even stopped using foundation

-Very blendable. No matter how much I apply it still looks like its not there. Never cakes. I use a face brush to apply it but the puff that comes with it is just as good. So go with whatever you prefer

-My face breaks out from almost anything, it did not break out with this powder

-It is messy, but it's a loose powder so I don't expect it to be neat

-I keep the mesh sifter on top of the plastic sifter which makes the amount picked up by my brush evened-out. So don't throw the mesh sifter, it'll save you time and product amount used per application!

My only problem is that it's so bulky I can't travel around with it so I use an empty face creme container for that. It is expensive, but I don't care cuz it does such an amazing job. Will repurchase definitely.

on 3/4/2008 6:42:00 AM

This is a very good loose powder . I purchased this based on the reviews here. I was deliberating between this and laura mercier which is also rated highly.
After application it is not apparent that you are wearing a powder.
It also appears to minimise the appearance of pores

on 2/25/2008 9:21:00 AM

i wanna love this product. i was so excited to try this and very happy when i saw my face in the mirror. flawless and pretty. after 15 mins, it turned out so dark. i am very acidic and i always get 2-3 shades lighter than my skin tone. but i really had a hard time looking for the perfect shade on Nars loose powder. the SA gave up and offered to help me find my shade from other brands. im very disappointed. i am asian and have yellow tone.

on 2/25/2008 1:49:00 AM

Great powder! It lasts the whole day and gives great coverage. The two problems I have with this powder is the price and the packaging. I hate the container! It leaves a mess everywhere and I don't think I could travel with this powder. But I would highly recommend this product. I have this in Beach and it blends in great with my skin. I could use this alone with concealer or over my foundation.

Update: I realized Beach would go on very nice and matte for the first hour but then it gets dark on me later on in the day and makes my face look a bit oily. Perhaps I need to find a better shade? I'm taking off a lippie sadly =(

on 2/2/2008 9:32:00 PM

I've been using this powder in Flesh for over a year now and I still haven't finish a box yet eventhough I use it everyday (yes, it'a bit pricey but you get a lot of powder in it).

The thing that I love about this powder is that it doesn't oxidize on me. I've used Clinique and MAC, but nothing compared to this one. But like other MUAers here, I hate the packaging. It's hard for travelling. I hope they'll improve the packaging.

Overall, I'm really happy with this product. I got mine with 40% discount, but even without the discount I would buy it at normal price. Definitely will repurchase.

on 2/1/2008 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After much to-ing and fro-in between NARS and Chanel (based on the reviews here, mainly), I decided to opt for the NARS Loose Powder and bought Eden online, as I thought it would be the closest match for my NW25 skin. Thankfully I was pretty much spot-on with my shade selection - although I think if I was any darker I'd have to go for the next darkest shade and perhaps blend the two shades to get a spot-on match. Eden is a warm light beige and I thought it might be too warm, but it's just about perfect.

The packaging (rounded square container with two sifters) is a bit impractical and I think if I want to transport the powder anywhere I'm going to have to put some in a smaller jar and touch up that way. I threw out the mesh sifter so I'm just using the plastic sifter to control how much powder comes out. I do like the puff though - I've never really used loose powders before and the puff seems to do a good job to applying the product to my skin. The amount you get for the price (online it was about AU$40, it retails for AU$80...) is very reasonable.

The powder itself is completely matte and literally melts into my skin, it's that finely-milled. I can't really overapply it, or at least you can't tell if I do, because it just blends so well. It gives fantastic coverage and I've found that if I apply the powder by itself, then I don't really need foundation. My face looks almost airbrushed with Eden on. It also sets my makeup and makes it last much longer. There's nothing to dislike - it's great!

on 1/18/2008 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

MAC Sheer Select has been an HG for years BUT the colors did not match quite well and had way too much pigment. NC40 was terribly light while NC45 made me look muddy. I caved and picked this up at Sephora and I just felt so luxurious putting this on! The case it comes in is so practical and cute. The amount is great for the price. And the powder itself is amazing. Very finely milled, lightweight and the color is just perfect for me. For something that is so finely milled it does sure have a lot of coverage cuz I dont even need to wear foundation with this!!! For reference I am an NC45 in MAC and wear this in Mountain. UPDATE: The quality of this powder is superb but I have to take one lippie off because the darkest shade, mountain, has a tendency to look ashy on my dark/golden skintone. If you are a dark skinned lady and know how to work your loose powder (I admit I suck at it), I still say go for it because this product is nothing short of amazing.

Recommended for Normal Skin