Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 5/27/2012 11:40:00 AM

This has got to be the weirdest foundation. Overall, it's not bad. It's not the best. But it's not completely horrible either. It's a basic drugstore foundation. I got it in the lightest shade. It is very liquidy but it matches my skin and kind of melts in. It didn't settle into pores or anything. It would be a good everyday foundation when you don't want to do a completely full face or just running errands.

But here's where the weirdness sets in: If I wear this 2 or more days in a row, I get weird dry patches all over my face. So obviously there's something in this that dries out my face. I've never had this happen with any other foundation. I wish it didn't do this because it would be an everyday foundation for me. I like to use cheaper drugstore foundations for everyday and high end when I want a more polished look. If that makes sense.

I will use this up but I won't be repurchasing it as I can't wear it everyday.

on 5/19/2012 9:32:00 AM

I have used MANY foundations in the past but I have to say I am an absolute ADDICT of this product. I have used it for over two years straight so I try to buy it in bulk when its on special. I had acne as a teenager but now my skin is clear. However, I have a lot of acne scars and my face has quite an uneven skin tone. I also have freckles (which I love). This product is my favourite because it gives just enough coverage to hide my scars, yet not so much that it will have a 'cake' effect and hide my freckles. Though I wouldn't really try and wear any makeup for a 24 hour period, this product does last pretty long for me... I even wearing it during exercise (and workout pretty hard and sweat a lot) and it still lasts. The product rarely transfers onto my clothes or anyone else's.

Thus, I give this product a big big big 5... my only suggestion would be for a pump bottle.. the screw bottle can be a little messy. Also because it is glass its quite heavy. However this is a small price to pay for such a great product!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is great for it's coverage. I have acne scars nd with jst a small bit of this they were practically gone. It last a fairly long time surtanly not 24hrs but atleast a whole school/work day so like 6-8hrs tops. I did not get any breakout at all nd the product was slightly thick not watery. Down falls: no pump, mostly pink undertones dats it! Overall great product

on 5/17/2012 6:47:00 PM

I love this foundation! Mainly because it STAYS ON MY FACE. I have combination skin and it controls it nicely. This is my favorite foundation and I will continue to use this until I find better. The only thing I hate is the color selection. I have light to medium yellow undertoned skin and this foundation has NO yellow undertones. Besides nude, but nude is literally orange. I use sand beige because it is not TOO pink but is also a better match for my skin other than nude. Other than that this foundation is perfect and my holy grail.

on 5/7/2012 4:22:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation to bits ! I don't need to use primer beforehand It stays on my extremely oily face until the end of the day. I just need to touch up my t-zone. It is by far the only foundation that I've tried that matches my skin. Even in MAC it's hard to find a perfect match for me. I always need to mix and match *boo*. This foundation looks natural and does not cake up on me. I used this on my prom and it made my face look flawless! It didn't leave any white cast even though it has SPF.

on 5/6/2012 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OKAY, so I am not sure why I AM such a HUGE foundation junkie, I ALWAYS buy lots of foundations over any other makeup product, 2nd to that would be bronzers.. BUT anyway I recently started shopping and experimenting with drug store make-up lines this being one of them.. i never spent less than $28 on foundations(dept store brands).. I get my shopping list from beauty gurus on utube like most girls..I LOVED HOW this product looks on my skin.. i have some pits on my right cheek about like 5 or 6 small ones (ew) this GLIDED on so smooth and i loved the texture, easy to blend. and the color for me -classic beige: nc25-30 in MAC was a ok fit.. a bit tanned but i liked the way it made me look.. nice and sunkissed..
BUT AFTER AN HOUR my face was SOOOO SHINY!!!!!! NO JOKE I had to touch up at least 5-6 times.. from 7am-10pm(thats when my day ends) but i must say besides the shine it made my skin look healthy and i can actually see my skin.. it enhances my skin instead of masking it like other ones. made me look as if i had a nice skin tone. WISH IT HAD A PUMP, but OVERALL nice shade and consistency was right.. I think i might try the NUDE shade.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This doesn't really get my tail wagging...mostly because I was so impressed by FitMe from Maybelline... I guess I was expecting a 24Hr version of that. the Superstay I tried was a bit too orangey...I have a tricky olive skin, so it's always difficult to find a shade that fits. And it says that it doesn't rub off...and it kinda did. I'm happy with my FitMe, but wish it were longwear.

on 5/3/2012 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

FABULOUS foundation. Love love love love love love love it. I can't remember what made me buy this foundation but I'm so glad I did. I'm not sure if it does last 24 hours as I don't keep my make up on for that long but it defiantly lasted from the AM to the PM. The coverage is medium to full, defiantly not cakey even with a few layers on, so easy to blend into skin and just perfect. Defiantly a lot better then any other foundation i've tried (revlon colorstay lol) I TOTALLY recommend this foundation to anyone looking for a long lasting foundation. 5/5 LOVE IT

on 4/19/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i had samples of this from a magazine so i'm only commenting on colors, the classic ivory was too light for me, the natural beige was a tad light and the nude was too yellow, the classic beige too dark, so i wasnt able to find a color match for me

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation! It truly is my holy grail foundation! My skin lightens up and darkens throughout the year as I tan easily so I originally bought this shade in True Beige. Then I got my 2nd bottle in Natural Tan and now I'm on my third bottle in Pure Beige. I think it's comparable to the MAC Prolongwear foundation because of its longevity and finish. I will admit that I've worn this foundation for 16 hours (#collgelifeproblems) and it didn't look like I just put makeup on, but it had barely worn off! I love the finish because it's not super matte but definitely not dewy which I love because I prefer a matte finish. I love that this is medium-full coverage and buidable because some days my slin is doing better than others so I can get medium coverage and other days I can get full coverage and my acne will still look non-existent! Most people will not have to use a concealer with this foundation because it gives great coverage. So here's a quick list of pros & cons (in my opinion of course)

PROS:
-long-lasting
-medium-full coverage
-blends easily
-gives excellent finish between matte & dewy.
-concealer will not be necessary if one does not have many acne scars
-costs around $9 but can easily be bought on sale

CONS:
-transfers (sometimes it won't transfer on me & other times it's highly noticeable :( )
-packaging sucks
-small color range ( only has about 12 shades & only three are Women of Color shades ; at least to me.)
--> with the color range, many shades are very similar such as Classic Beige and Pure Beige. The only difference is Pure Beige appears to be pinker.

Overall, I love this foundation because it does all of things my MAC Prolongwear does at a third of the price. The color range and packaging sucks but I love Maybelline and this foundation really makes my skin look flawless & I recommend everyone to at least try it! (: