July 30, 2014 | 2073 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by amakeupmistress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This doesn't really get my tail wagging...mostly because I was so impressed by FitMe from Maybelline... I guess I was expecting a 24Hr version of that. the Superstay I tried was a bit too orangey...I have a tricky olive skin, so it's always difficult to find a shade that fits. And it says that it doesn't rub off...and it kinda did. I'm happy with my FitMe, but wish it were longwear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by stephaniiie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

FABULOUS foundation. Love love love love love love love it. I can't remember what made me buy this foundation but I'm so glad I did. I'm not sure if it does last 24 hours as I don't keep my make up on for that long but it defiantly lasted from the AM to the PM. The coverage is medium to full, defiantly not cakey even with a few layers on, so easy to blend into skin and just perfect. Defiantly a lot better then any other foundation i've tried (revlon colorstay lol) I TOTALLY recommend this foundation to anyone looking for a long lasting foundation. 5/5 LOVE IT

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i had samples of this from a magazine so i'm only commenting on colors, the classic ivory was too light for me, the natural beige was a tad light and the nude was too yellow, the classic beige too dark, so i wasnt able to find a color match for me

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by piinkxmartiini

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It truly is my holy grail foundation! My skin lightens up and darkens throughout the year as I tan easily so I originally bought this shade in True Beige. Then I got my 2nd bottle in Natural Tan and now I'm on my third bottle in Pure Beige. I think it's comparable to the MAC Prolongwear foundation because of its longevity and finish. I will admit that I've worn this foundation for 16 hours (#collgelifeproblems) and it didn't look like I just put makeup on, but it had barely worn off! I love the finish because it's not super matte but definitely not dewy which I love because I prefer a matte finish. I love that this is medium-full coverage and buidable because some days my slin is doing better than others so I can get medium coverage and other days I can get full coverage and my acne will still look non-existent! Most people will not have to use a concealer with this foundation because it gives great coverage. So here's a quick list of pros & cons (in my opinion of course)

PROS:
-long-lasting
-medium-full coverage
-blends easily
-gives excellent finish between matte & dewy.
-concealer will not be necessary if one does not have many acne scars
-costs around $9 but can easily be bought on sale

CONS:
-transfers (sometimes it won't transfer on me & other times it's highly noticeable :( )
-packaging sucks
-small color range ( only has about 12 shades & only three are Women of Color shades ; at least to me.)
--> with the color range, many shades are very similar such as Classic Beige and Pure Beige. The only difference is Pure Beige appears to be pinker.

Overall, I love this foundation because it does all of things my MAC Prolongwear does at a third of the price. The color range and packaging sucks but I love Maybelline and this foundation really makes my skin look flawless & I recommend everyone to at least try it! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by adares

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am loving this foundation. I have been on the search for a new foundation to be light enough for my skin but also able to help with the redness of my cheeks.

I am an athlete that likes to have a matte finish on my makeup so that if I am sweating I don't look too greasy. This foundation is not extremely matte and blends very nicely into the skin with either a makeup brush or your hand. The coverage is really up to you! If you want to have varying levels of coverage then dilute with moisturizer or use it as is. Multiple layers will give you max coverage. I generally will prime my face with a moisturizer and put on one light layer of makeup and it covers redness.

For reference I'm pretty sure I am NW30/25 though haven't been professionally matched. I have redness on my cheeks and t-zone so I wanted something with a warm tone to neutralize it. So I got this product in natural beige and it is perfect for my skin! I used to use the Covergirl trublend foundation in natural beige but it was too pink for my skin and I looked flushed all of the time.

Pros
Good colour spectrum for many skin colours
Matte finish for shine control and a non-greasy look
Great formula for coverage
No smell

Cons
Bottle has no pump so it is hard to control product amount

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by missrenarde

I like this product a lot but not during the summer... This product is to thick when it's hot outside. I prefer to wear a lightweight foundation like the covergirl airfoam. When a wear the superstay foundation i feal it on my skin but he haves a really good coverage!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by turtlesaurus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you live in conditions that require your makeup to battle against heat and humidity, this may be the foundation you've been looking for! Maybelline Superstay is everything i hoped Revlon Colorstay would be. This makeup is 100 times easier to blend and build on those days you need an extra bit of coverage and doesnt latch onto your skin to create a super heavy mask-like look. It also compliments things like pore size and fine lines instead of making them appear even more noticable. I do have to blot to keep the shine of my oily skin at bay but usually just once toward the end of the day so thats a plus as well. I used to think i wanted a foundation that would completly eliminate any trace of my oily skin (which Revlon Colorstay did) but i found that zapping out all oil completly was extremly unhealthy for my skin and ended up creating flakey dry spots all over as well as pimples ... all this after only one day of wearing. By no means am i trying to slam Revlon Colorstay but i've read some complaints similiar to mine and just want to recommend Maybelline Superstay since its a more mild version of the colorstay foundation. The color selection for the Superstay line kinda sucks tbh. The lightest shade looks like it would have a pinkish undertone (EW) so i stick with the second lighest (sand beige) which is just a tad too dark but not by much so it works. The staying power is great imo and does not cause your skin to dry up and break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Beccads90

It's better than alot I've tried, cosmetic counters rarely match me correctly so I have stuff that's wrong, this matches. It also covers pretty well and stays to about 80% of what I'd like. I'm oily and I work around heat and food (salad not fast food) but I still need to keep matte and have coverage as I have cystic acne on my cheeks a bit. The only reason i say it could be better is because it gets slightly clumpd up around my fine lines. But that may be as I've been using stuff to clear my skin it's been a bit dry in certain areas.
Other than that it's my go to right now.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Denise18

I was looking for a foundation without SPF for photos, and SuperStay was mentioned while reading posts on the MU board. Based on reviews, I chose the second lightest shade, Sand Beige. When I first applied it, it was a really great match for my NC20 complexion. The coverage was fabulous without even having to build on it. It covered the redness on my cheeks, and (shock!) even managed to cover some of the darkness under my eyes. It didn't settle into my pores or fine lines, and it didn't feel thick or heavy on my skin, considering the coverage it gave me. But here's where the letdown comes in ~ within less than a half-hour, it oxidized to an orangy-tan. So disappointing! Seriously, this would have a fabulous drugstore find (at less than $10) if it just stayed the shade I had put on my skin and didn't make me look like I had a bad fake tan on just my face. I would not repurchase (in fact, I will be returning it), but I did give it 3 stars for the coverage, price point, and how it felt on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this maybe 2 weeks prior to purchasing Chanel Perfection Lumiere (my HG) I thought I had thrown out all of my foundations except for my Chanel foundations and MAC all went into my B2M bag. Well, don't you know this one was never thrown out? I found it hiding. And since I had only used it a few times I thought I'd give it a go, again, since I had only really used it a short time.
I do like it . It looks a bit shiny after about 6 or 7 hours but nothing that a blotting linen can't handle. Coverage? I think that CPL has a tiny bit better coverage, maybe it's not the coverage so much as it is evening out my complexion in general. Does that even make sense? It lasts about 7 or 8 hours on me, does not dry out my skin, it doesn't look heavy on my skin, it doesn't accentuate fine lines, it doesn't settle in to fine lines. It's a really good basic foundation for everyday. If you want to watch a great video on Maybelline SS check out MissHerby on youtube. She does an application so that you can see the coverage and the way it looks on this skin.. and she's adorable!