October 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Holly90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I bought this product bc off all the fuss and then I read the reviews on it! Was scared to use bc a lot of people broke out so I started off with just once a day I've had it for a month I honestly don't know how I was doing with out it I love loveeee loveee it my skin feels different looks different I feel good about my skin and confutable with it it worked for me and I thank god for that

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Jesse806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly wanted to love this product SO much because everyone recommended it to me because it "gets rid if clogged pores" which I have a big problem with. I just wanna say that this is not true. It did nothing with my clogged pores, only irritated it and caused scabs which caused scars. The charge only lasts a week. It claims to exfoliate your skin, but when I showered this afternoon and used a washcloth to exfoliate and there was SO much dead skin on it I had to scrub my face for a good 8 minutes and there was still dead skin. I never had that problem with the washcloth before the clarisonic. That just proves it wasn't exfoliating my skin like they claim it to be. Also it's not gentle enough for 2 uses daily. My skin could barely tolerate once a day and I don't even know why. I never had a breakout stage like everyone said they did. My skin is still getting clogged pores (I wear only concealer on like 5 spots and that's it) so I know it's not "cleaning out my pores." I'm just very disappointed with this product. I expected so much for such a high price and nothing. Not a happy camper. Hopefully the PMD device actually vacuums the gunk out of my pores like they say it does.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using mine on and off for five or so years. It's okay but can be time consuming as far as charging/disinfecting the brush head. Also it's not just a one time charge for the product but every two months you have to spend another $25 on a new brush head.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I initially began using the Clarisonic, I started to get breakouts. As a result, I stopped using the device on my face for a month, tried it again, but second time also produced breakouts. I suspected that perhaps the brush might harbor bacteria. At this point, I began using it only on my body, neck and chest area especially. It was good for cleansing the body, using the sensitive brush and then the normal brush. I also rinsed the brush with hydrogen peroxide after each use. When it was time to replace the brush, I ordered the DELICATE brush. Once again, I tried using the device to cleanse my face. I continued to rinse the DELICATE brush with hydrogen peroxide after each use. No more breakouts. I now use the delicate brush for face. I use the device only a couple times a week. I first exfoliate with Olay Microdermabrasion product, then I use LaRoche Posay Tolairaine Foaming Cleanser with the Clarisonic. This process feels like a cleansing facial. Love the results, especially in the nasal folds and chin area where I can get some congestion. I have microscopic pores, and other than the oil congestion in the nose and chin areas, I have normal skin with extremely rare breakouts. I would definitely recommend the Clarisonic as it does a great job of cleaning. I only state that I personally feel it is important to rinse the brush with hydrogen peroxide after each use to kill any bacteria that might develop from water. Yes, rinsing with hydrogen peroxide adds to the cost of maintaining this device. Since I only use the brush 2x a week - I do not replace it every 3 months. I actually replace it once a year and it is just fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kywildcat_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love it!! I've used it consistently for 11 months. I've always had problems with acne. Once I got rid of teenage acne, I developed adult acne. I finally found a cleanser I loved. I read reviews about Clarisonic for a long time and finally decided to give it a try.
I don't remember a period of "skin purge."

Exfoliating is essential for me. This does a wonderful job for me. I use it twice a day, every day. I use it every time I wash my face. I use Boscia purifying gel cleanser. I have had very few breakouts. My face is smooth. I use the regular brush with it.

I have always been in the sun all my life and was beginning to develop some sun spots. After using this consistently for 11 months. One of my sun spots is almost gone. It has faded to the point that I have to look for it. Another sun spot, the first one that developed has faded significantly. It has lost its defined outline and lots of color.

I definitely would buy this again. For me it is well worth the money. My skin has probably never looked this good. The older I get, my skin is changing. This has been a wonderful find for me. My skin is oily and I use full coverage foundation. This removes all of traces of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Sykeq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this for 6 months now & while I'm not completely certain it's the reason my skin is clearing up, it definitely helped. For the first 3 months or so, I went through the dreaded purging phase - was using it everyday on high speed. Then I stopped for about 2 weeks, tried it with a lower speed this time & reduced usage to 3-4 times a week. After that I started to see a huge difference in my skin tone & texture - pores seemed smaller & my zits/blackheads were kept at bay. I love the squeaky clean feeling it leaves & I feel it really gets the gunk & makeup out. At the end of the day, I think you really need to find a method to make the Clarisonic work for you. For me, I use a separate make-up remover first, & then the Clarisonic to really give my face a deep clean. I also find it's better if I use it only a couple times a week, everyday is a just a little too much for my sensitive skin. Overall, a wonderful product. You'll never need to go for a facial again :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by victoriahk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is literally the worst product I have ever used. I got it for Christmas last year and I was so excited to finally have it. I began using the sensitive brush head once a day. At first my skin felt amazing and so smooth. However, after about 3 days, I began to notice blackheads and clogged pores deep below the surface. I had heard about the "purge" phase and figured that I could deal with it. Prior to this I had struggled with minor acne in my t-zone, but had it under control at the time I began using the Clarisonic.

HOWEVER I developed an incredibly deep cyst on my cheek (close to my nose). I NEVER had cystic acne prior to using this device and it hurt so badly. I figured maybe it was because I had been traveling and was stressed, etc. and maybe the Clarisonic had just exacerbated the zit that was already forming. Wrong. I stopped using the Clarisonic after a couple weeks because it was breaking me out and I wanted my skin to clear up before my school pictures.

About 2 months later I began using the Clarisonic again and AGAIN developed a deep, hot, painful, throbbing cyst on my cheek. I was terrified because it hurt so badly and was contemplating going into the dermatologist for a cortisone shot, even though I was 300 miles away from home at college and didn't have a dermatologist in the area. Now I have an icepick scar on my cheek where the pimple used to be and some hyperpigmentation about 6 months after stopping using the Clarisonic for good.

I reaaaaally wanted to like this product, but all it did was give me deep painful cysts that (I never previously had a problem with) and it left behind major scars on my face that I'm still trying to heal. I would not recommend this product to anyone EVER.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by kdanyluk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Ahhh, I was SO excited to try the Clarisonic.... I Saved up, Went to Sephora and after a demo on my hand and chatting with the SA about how it has truly changed her skin, I was SOLD!

Got home, used my CLARISONIC MIA 2 right away! I have to say, the FEELING was amazing. (I'd like to point out that i used the sensitive brush head & did NOT push at all on my skin just barely touched the bristles to my face)

I felt like i was getting a REALLY DEEP CLEAN! My face felt fresh and extremely clean afterwards. I used toner and moisturiser and went to sleep.

I skipped a day inbetween and went on to use it the following night. Same feeling, nice and clean.

I did this for about 2 weeks. Most people say that their skin purges and that their skin is better than ever now and after the purging they have PORCELAIN CLEAR SKIN!

WELL LET ME JUST SAY THAT I HATE YOU ALL!!!! just kidding. But seriously, so sad that this did NOT happen for me.

Instead, after 2 weeks, i thought my skin would get better... i thought that the clarisonic was just "purging" my skin.

My face was RED RED RED, inlamed cystic acne, 1 or 2 pustules, DEHYDRATED SKIN like no other... and VERY VERY VERY oily.

even with using moisturizer, this stripped my face of all moisture.
I usually have normal-combo/oily skin with minior clogged pores unless i use certain products or pick at my skin. But this skin was PAINFUL and itchy and swollen/inflamed.

Still recovering 2 months later.

Read RENEE ROLEAU's Review on the CLARISONIC.
She goes into better detail as to WHY it may NOT BE THE BEST THING for your skin
Shes an esthetician with her own spa in Texas.
I love her blog. I am wanting to try out her products.

anyways,

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by mizzou_nyc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had my Mia for about 2.5 months now, and the only thing I regret is not buying it sooner. Everyone's skin is different, and I cannot believe how much of a difference this has made in my skin. It has refined the texture of my skin, and after I use it literally my face glows. I have combination skin that is sensitive and prone to breakouts and I'm going to stick with the sensitive brush head when I get a replacement. Love this device and it's totally worth the money!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Romyw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, Love, Love my clarisonic:). LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What more can I say? I just cannot imagine not using this at night to cleanse my skin.!!!!!
I have had this for probably 4-5 years, I got it when my skin just first started going haywire after a lifetime of very easy going skin(with the exception of a disaster from using a MLM skin care system and makeup that a friend was selling - I cleared that outbreak by stopping the offending products, and using a gentle soap and benzoyl peroxide). This bears mentioning here because I bought this brush hoping to clear my skin a second time around.
I started having what I know now was the first signs of perimenopause around 38-40 years old. I tried everything and I mean Everything trying to figure out what to do for my skin. What had worked for me in the past just didn't seem to work the second time around because these outbreaks were hormonally driven, but the same principals applied....keep reading) This brush was among my first purchases.
This brush is phenomenal and definitely cleanses and exfoliates, but acne problems need a good gentle cleanser and a good topical benzoyl peroxide (start with benzoyl peroxide would be my advice, and if it doesn't help, then see a dermatologist, I recommend Acne.org's cleanser and benzoyl peroxide regimen.)
Why did I put all of that in my review? Because I cant say much more about the fabulous brush, but someone desperately reading reviews wondering if this brush will help their skin needs to know that yes it CAN help, but skin needs more to heal from an acne outbreak than a good brush...
The clarisonic brush is the best of the best for a great skin care routine!!
In addition to helping skin stay clear, I believe it to be great for anti aging as well.
(Remember to wash off the brush head, disconnect and dry after each use so your machine stays clean, and replace the brush every three months!