December 19, 2014 | 1008 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I don't have sensitive skin by any means. I can exfoliate everyday and not get irritated. I thought clarisonic was a good investment for an exfoliating device. Wrong. Everytime I use it, I would get a break out a few days later. I also use the sensitive brush head and that's the most gentle brush there is. After two/ three months of usage with bad results I decided to just put it away. I guess it's not meant for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Allioa09

I absolutely LOVE my Clarisonic. With that being said, this isn't a life changer. I had an idea in my head when I bought it that I would instantly have perfect, flawless skin. What this does do is give you a very deep clean and leaves your skin smooth and soft. My pores have shrunk a good bit and while I've never really had a problem with break outs, I get them even less frequently now. The biggest thing you need to remember is MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE. For the first week or so, I experienced stinging whenever I would put anything on my face. My face didn't look dried out, but it was super tight and uncomfortable. I put moisturizer on two to three times daily and now my skin has never looked better!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by trisarahtops1994

I have semi-sensitive and acne prone skin. The clarisonic mia makes my skin so smooth feeling, but it is not a miracle product by any means. I still break out and I still have blemishes fairly frequently but I do love how it makes me skin when its not breaking out. I can only use it once a day before it dries my skin out pretty bad as well. Moisturizing right after is a must. Good but not perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love the Clarisonic Mia. I have always wanted one and since I wear a full face of make up everyday, I felt as though my skin could really benefit from using it. I have fairly small pores naturally and have never really had bad "problematic" skin but I do break out from wearing make up and I also get cystic acne during that time of the month. Since my pores are small, I feel as though the acne is very deep seeded and even when I use an extractor or I try to pop it, it just gets worse and it is stuck underneath my skin so all it does is create a mountain on my face. I do not wash my face everyday, I use make up wipes to take off all of my make up and I know that is definitely not giving me the deep clean I need when I wear a full face of foundation, concealer, powder, blush n highlighter. I never experienced a "purge" when I used this, and i've had it since June. I also never used it twice a day, every day of the week. The first week I bought it I did use it 4 days and twice a day. I did notice my skin was instantly less greasy and oily and it literally ate up my facial moisturizer in half the time it normally took to sink in. Lately I have been much too busy and lazy to use it more than 2-3 times a week, but I feel as though it's good enough. It's hard enough waking up at 3:30a/4a everyday, I just don't have the time to shower and wash my face every morning. I use Philosophy's "Purity" Cleanser and it works amazing. Even after I use make up wipes and rinse off my face, it's kind of scary to see all of the make up that melts away from underneath your skin. To think I was just falling asleep every night letting all of that bake away! Overall, the condition of my skin hasn't improved dramatically. I don't look like a glowing unicorn and I still have some redness but the texture of my skin HAS improved tremendously. I was born with little bumps on my cheeks n my arms and it has almost gone away. That result alone made the Mia worth the money in my opinion. I also always clean the brush head after each use with my Purity cleanser. I do think using this everyday 2x's a day is too harsh for even the most tolerable skin, but I do think it can be very beneficial.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by citygirl91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes people, you go through hell before the Clarisonic Mia does its magic. It is worth the suffering...

I went through 3 weeks of troubled skin before it cleared up. But afterwards, I didn't break out for a very long time. When I did get a pimple, it wasn't huge and noticeable either. They were just small nuisances that other people didn't even notice.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by 556Catherine556

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tell all my friends who wear makeup about the clarisonic! After suffering from clogged pores and breakouts all summer, I went to a derm who recommended I try this brush. After all the money I paid in other acne products, the price on this product is worth the investment.

I think it is important that you don't overuse this brush on your face, especially in the beginning and if your skin is not used to exfoliating. I used it for half the recommended time once every second day to start and I did not experience a "purge", just a gradual reduction in the acne that was already present. Now, I wash my face with dove sensitive soap to remove most of my makeup, and then I use the brush with another lather of the soap. I have never used it for the full cycle, I feel like the amount of time they recommend may be too harsh for my sensitive skin.

A simple skincare routine and gentle use of this brush has done wonders for my skin. This is an excellent product for removing makeup residue, and allows other products to absorb better (like moisturizer). I believe Sephora has a good return policy, so if you are on the fence about this product, try it but GO EASY for best results.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by ScarlettEva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So my brother had bought the Clarasonic for himself and never used it so decided to give it to me, I was so excited to try it out from all the good things I had heard about it. I knew there would be some break-outs from the start of using it but had no idea that they would just keep getting worse. The Clarasonic is way to harsh for your skin no matter what anyone says, It is not worth the money at all. It's just a gimmick. Do yourself a favor and save your money.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by xxjinxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love the clarisonic given all the great things I'd heard about it before purchasing it. The first couple of days I tried it out, I thought it was amazing how clean it made my skin feel and how much makeup and dirt/oil it removed from what seemed to me like a properly cleansed face. That's where the good stuff ended. I started breaking out horribly and I think the clarisonic just irritated my skin even more. After I stopped using the clarisonic, my skin slowly started to heal and normalized.

I think this product is better suited to those who have minimal to no acne issues. From my personal experience, the clarisonic was way too harsh for my skin and did not help it in the long run.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for face circulation and exfoliation.

If you have sensitive skin be very gentle as too much pressure will irritate.

Since I remove my makeup prior to using my Mia I cannot attest to how wonderful it would be removing a full face of makeup. There are times when I see a very little makeup on my brush head after using so I guess it picks up what is left of it.
It gives me a perfectly clean face, preparing it for my other products.
So far, the charging instructions are correct and I have had the Mia for a couple of months now.

I highly recommend getting the MIA for all skin types!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just a wonderful tool! I love it for face circulation and I know it does some exfoliating.
The Mia is pretty small so it does not take up much room and fits easily into your hand. I have fairly sensitve skin and find it to be very gentle. The timer is so perfect for me as I sometimes over do things and more is not always better. Very quick and not at all tedious.
I use it at night, first removing my face makeup. A little gentle cleanser is placed on the brush. Then away I go.
It gives me a perfectly clean face, preparing it for my other products.
I will not be without this ever and will probably give a few as presents next Christmas.