August 1, 2014 | 1058 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Liquid Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by maryma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have repurchased this so many times. I use liquid liners, exclusively. However, I've found the flaking, fading, and smudging that tends to go along with them is just obnoxious. I always purchased the more expensive ones, but wasn't ever really blown away by any of their performances. I like the smooth look produced by liquid liner, and I like how simple it was to get a very dark and even look, but I never found a product that I felt really gave me what i was looking for. Obviously, the cheapest and most simple product would be the one that worked.

E.L.F. has been very hit-and-miss for me. They have matte lipsticks, for instance, which have a lovely color selection and look incredible on; their eyeshadows, however, almost always disappoint me. This love/hate relationship has made me more wary of buying their products, but in my search for a good liquid liner, I thought spending a dollar probably couldn't be the worst thing in the world. I was legitimately blown away by how well this worked. It came out very black, was a breeze to apply, and stayed exactly where I wanted it too. No flaking, no fading. Just a black line where I'd put it.

This liner has been my go to; it was love at first try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Jakkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing. I have very sensitive eyes, and had no problem with this. Incredibly thin brush which is great. So cheap and so worth it. Better then any other drugstore liquid eyeliner i've used. If you make a mistake you have just enough time to fix it. Not too difficult to come off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I hate this product. It a mess to apply and impossible to fix once it starts smearing without messing up eye shadow. Also, the container broke. And it smells bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For one dollar, this is a truly decent liquid formula. However, the brush wasnt good (could have been a badly cut one) and it kept fraying out as I was lining. All in all, id repurchase it in a pinch but the brush sucks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

They changed the brush! It is a long/flexible brush tip with a very fine point. Longer than n.y.c. Liquid liner brush and easier to maneuver. I bought this yesterday and even if it dries a tad bit shiny, at least it doesn't feel flaky and uncomfortable on my lids like the wetnwild mega liner or NYC. I fell asleep with stuff on (I have greasy lids) and it didn't budge much. When I rinsed my eyelid with water it came off in pieces and a big chunk which left no black residue lol. Id rather have it wash off like that than smear tho. I draw black lines almost daily so I will use it in order to not put my higher quality liner to waste. It's worth the dollar especially if you want to practice liquid liner application !!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by prissybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A buck. That's all this item cost and its does the job. I didn't expect it to do much nor have much or a color payoff but I was wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by alyssiaXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It was only a dollar, so I bought it with low expectations. The first time I tried it I expected it to be all down my face in a few hours, but it did not move at all. It lasted all day, and the color payoff was very good. The only downfall was that the next morning (after washing it off) it left a red line in the place that the eyeliner would be. I do have sensitive eyes, and this was a little irritating. It was still worth the $1 though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

For being only a dollar, this is a preeeeeetty good liner. It comes out very black and application isn't streaky. If anything, it's a little watery so you might have to wait a bit until it dries (or else it'll transfer to your lids). It doesn't flake throughout the day which I was quite impressed with and loved! It comes right off with water. So I wouldn't wear it to the pool/beach or on emotional days (haha :P). However, I do find the application to be a little hard at first but once I got used to it, it wasn't that bad. And the fact that I have to wait and fan my lids after I apply them to dry them kind of annoys me. Also, since applying it could be a bit tricky, it's also pretty easy to mess up, which is really annoying...especially if I have already finished putting on eyeshadow. Other than that, it's only a dollar!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by emskitz

For $1 its definitely worth it. It doesn't smudge and creates a really nice fine line . I really like this liquid eyeliner .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by jacki3lilly

this is just like any basic liquid eyeliner. it doesn't smell, isn't clumpy, & it doesn't rub off easily. for only one us dollar i think this product is worth it!