October 24, 2014 | 1632 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the only face wash that keeps my face clear. It can be drying but you must remember to moisturize your skin, especially in the winter. The aloe version is a little less drying. I use this once a day, night.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by joian

DO NOT USE. My face is very sore and itchy, i only used it twice and its burnt my skin and brought me out in spots. Never again will i use this product, its very powerful.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Cassiegarcia128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently my face started to break out so I decided to try a new product. I've been using this for about 3 weeks now and regret it. The first week I used it as directed, twice a day, but it dried my face out and made around my mouth sensitive and flaky. So I started only once a day and moisturizing more. But then my acne got worse, I stopped using this product three days ago and my acne has cleared up so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by allybryant1

I used this two nights in a row, then I woke up the next morning with the itchiest skin around my jawline and on my chin and cheeks.
Skin is pretty inflamed and red with tiny little bumps all over it.
I have never had sensitive skin and my skin is usually slightly oily.
So disappointed with this face wash. Waste of money as it is already in the bin after two uses.
I would not recommend to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by phoebekatehortle

I never write product reviews. but joined this site so I could because I am so so annoyed with how this product made my skin. I switch between cleansers regularly and normally just use oil free types and they all do the same job. I thought this product would give me great results because of the brand and price $14.99 the highest priced cleanser at the supermarket. After one day of use I become itchy around my jawline and had some redness. By the second day it got redder and spread to my chin. I stopped using the product and after another 2 days of no use my skin is flaky dry itchy and red all over and has tiny little blotches on it. nothing will get rid of the dry skin and every time I try to moisturise my face stings excruciatingly. I'm having to use tons of moisturiser to try and get my skin back to normal and I'm certain this will result in breakouts on my normally semi oily skin. I hope my skin heals quickly and will never ever use this again. DO NOT BUY. especially if you have semi sensitive skin. I have never experienced this horrible skin problem before and don't want to ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I stupidly switched to this one because I couldn't find Liquid Neutrogena on the shelf once. Immediately regretted it. Just two washes and my skin got extra dry. And this was when my skin was oily in my early to late teens. I wouldn't even recommend this product for those with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dawnlois

I'm sorry to see so many negative reviews for this product! Especially since it's really good stuff. I think folks go overboard with it sometimes, and if you do - it's powerful stuff, and will dry your skin up like the , proverbial prune! I use this about once a week - maybe stretching it out to every 9 days in the winter, maybe twice a week in the middle of summer. Always at night, and always after cleaning my face with 35% castor oil/65% sunflower oil.I always make sure my makeup is removed first, and I either lather up with this and let it sit for a moment, or I use it with my Clarisonic Mia if I feel like I need extra exfoliation. I moisturize IMMEDIATELY after patting my face with a towel, and I don't use this on Retin-A nights.Salicylic acid clears clogged pores like nothing else, but do be moderate with this, especially if you're past the teen acne years. I definitely think skin care is highly individual, and what works for one person may wreak havoc on the next. I really believe that being cautious is best - and not falling prey to the "more is more" way of thinking. It seems like alot of women go at their skin like it's an enemy attack - bombarding it with too much all at once. Take it slow, respect and support the skin's natural barrier.In other words - moisturize, moisturize, and then moisturize some more. If the natural barrier is in healthy shape, skin will be clearer and fresher. I can't believe it took so long for me to figure that out - but once I stopped stripping my skin and started protecting it, all the issues I had with it have improved. And I'm talking adult acne, clarity, smoothness, fine lines - everything.It seemed to take maybe two weeks before I started to notice the changes, but I think it's going to be fine as long as I'm gentle and moderate. Sorry if I am long winded - I truly hope this helps someone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Rohanchopra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well! This is one of the best and very standard cleanser! It contains no SLS!! I have an oily skin and i used to try many cleansers at first! But the result was unchanged skin condition neutrogena is safe though othr cleansers from neutrogena hve SLS! ONLY Ppl with oily skin should use this since it is formulatd fr oily skin follow with toner (i use neutrogena blackhead eliminating toner jst to prevent them from occuring and an neutrogena oil-free moisturizer) wel to me ths thre products r like decent and perfect

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this for months and months when I was a teenager and I kept getting worse and worse ance. I stupidly thought I had it "give it time", when I finally stopped using it, my acne began to clean. This is too irriating and doesn't clean well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by ashswonderland

I have been using this face wash along with the neutrogena rapid clear 2 in 1 toner and acnevir adult acne treatment and this combo had been a godsend for my acne. I have been struggling with horrible cystic acne forever and recently its gotten so bad just barely touching my skin would cause them to burst and bleed. I was desperate to get rid of them they were all over my face. So finally I decided to experiment with new products. I tried everything drugstore from gentle cleansers to harsh max strength stuff and nothing was working. I saw this cleanser on sale at walgreens 20% off for a huge bottle so I have been using it consistently day and night along with the toner and treatment and its greatly reduced the acne I have on my face. I no longer have huge painful zits they are pretty small now its been 1 week maybe 2 since using this regimen and I know if I stick to it they will be gone. I believe this cleanser has helped with no new pimples occuring on my face. It is drying though so use very little and lather it in your hands before applying to your face and use a good moistueizer after. I use olay complete sensitive skin in the cream formula it helps a lot