NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 2/27/2015 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation and had to save up for it. The color is very true to life, and matches my light olive skn well wthout making me look pasty. The formula is light and doesn't clog pores or irritate-but frankly I don't use enough to cover my whole face. I don't know how to to do full face makeup.
Anyway, the price is outrageous, and the packaging just...sucks. The product ends up mostly inside the screw top cap or all around it on the flat top of the bottle where it dries and I am not putting that back in the bottle. I was told by the SA at Sephora to "use your finger ONLY" well up yours lady, I'll use a brush thanks.

on 2/26/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this foundation, but I am not in love with it. It covered spots on my face and made it look very even overall. I did notice on my skin that I couldn't layer it much or it would look caked and unnatural. However, that isn't a huge issue for me because I don't need full coverage. I prefer light to medium, which is what this foundation is. The lasting power is so-so. I wouldn't say it's bulletproof, but it will stay on your face 4-8 hours depending on your activity level. I use it for going out at night or other special occasions. I haven't tested it out in the sweltering heat, so I cannot speak to how it performs on hot days. I really like how smooth and light it feels when applying and it's stupid-easy to blend. Not sure it gives you much of a glow, but I have other products for that. Overall, I am pleased with this foundation and will continue to use it up. You do get quite a large bottle for the price, however, I am not sure I will repurchase yet. And a tip...buy the pump for it!!

on 2/26/2015 4:05:00 PM

Used to be my everyday foundation but I found that after a while I went off it because it was just completely coming off my face half way through the day as if I had no foundation on at all, I don't like to look cakey but I do like to look polished and as if I've went to some effort! It can cling to dry patches on your skin as well and I don't think it's very glowy. I have a full bottle of this because I didn't know what other foundation to buy and I was so used to that! What a waste :( not high coverage at all

on 2/23/2015 11:15:00 PM

The first thing that bothers me about this product is that it doesn't come with a pump. It's something you have to buy separately (and if it was a good product like MAC Studio fix then I wouldn't mind, but it's not). To start off, I find NARS foundation to be too yellow for my Asian NW25 skin. This foundation was too sheer and it didn't give me the right type of glow. It just made me look oily. I noticed that throughout the day the foundation would melt off around the crevices of my nose, and it just didn't sit right on my skin.

on 2/23/2015 7:11:00 PM

This foundation can be worn "sheer" but is definitely more so on the medium side in my opinion. Just 1 & 1/2 pumps max 2 and I have a nice medium coverage canvas. My issues are, it's not as "Glowy" as I expected. It's more of a demi matte because it dries pretty quick and settles into fines quite quickly as well so setting with powder right away is ideal. Most medium shades run either really yellow or really pink. It was a little tough choosing a shade. ( I'm a Pro MUA. I specialize in color matching so matching myself is typically easy peasy). For reference I am a MAC NC35 (oily combo skin. Dry during colder season) and in Nars SG I purchased Stromboli. A little yellower than I would have preferred but it beats being pink! On the skin it doesn't look awful or cakey. I think it looks nice. But this can be because I prime and use a damp beauty blender to apply (that sponge does all the work for you!).

I really did not like the no pump thing but I got over that in a short time. Finally tracked down the pump (everyone is always sold out) and guess what... NO Cover! for once the pump is in! BUT the original packaging was the only cover. It's a screw top not a cover with a small screw top underneath. This I am not over! :( I hate having a coverless foundation even though yes the pump turns left for close. It just looks weird.

Aside from the visual upset, the foundation has good coverage, no funny smells or odd texture and if you find the right shade and don't have drier skin it can be amazing. I think its nice but I don't need another bottle because I have others that I like just little more for different reasons. Lets see how I feel during warmer months. I'll update if there's any change :)

on 2/22/2015 11:45:00 AM

I was so excited to try this foundation as it is supposed to be good for dry skin. My skin is so dry that foundation clings to dry patches. My skin is also acne prone. I have tried this multiple times over 4 months.This foundation is EXTREMELY thin and sheer, hardly covers anything it all. I also dont find it really buildable because its so thin it just kind of wont blend in properly when more is added. It did not cling to the dry patches on my face which was the only bonus of this product. It feels very oily as well-because of this oiliness it does break me out after having this on my face for a few hours my skin starts to get itchy and after a day of having it on my forehead forms 3 or 4 cystic spots. This happens every single time I used it (which in total was probably about 15 times). It's awful use with caution for those who have dry acne prone skin. It's especially not worth it for the crazy expensive price!

on 2/22/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

UGH -- no. Unfortunately. I was so ready for this to just glide over my dry skin. Instead, it caked into every flaw in my face, not matter how thoroughly I exfoliated/moisturized. If you have dry skin, I would say it's not worth the risk (or get a sample first).

It seems that the upside is that they have a wide range of shades -- the Mont Blanc is an almost near perfect match for my skin tone. Because of that I keep trying to make this work and each time it fails. It also sucks that there is no pump with this -- tons of product wasted and in a messy, non-hygenic way. If you have oily or combination skin, I would recommend this.

In short: overpriced and does not fulfill its target market for dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to love this because everyone seems to love this but I absolutely hated it! It settled into all of my pores and lines, it made my skin dry and flakey, I got a cake face look, even with using primer it did not work. It came off like a medium to full coverage yet I could still see my dark spots. The only thing I liked was the color matched perfectly. I am super pale and Mont Blanc was the perfect match. I just wish it would have worked.

on 2/18/2015 11:00:00 AM

Super disappointed in this foundation. When you are spending a lot on a foundation you expect quality, which I did not get from this product. I am a MAC NC15-20 and I use the shade GOBI which is a pretty good match. This foundation didn't leave my skin dewy at all, it accentuated my dry patches on my combination skin and on my oily forehead and nose area FORGET IT, it slid right off my face in a few hours. Not long wearing, not a good finish, definitely not "glowy", just any old crappy foundation with a brand name and big price tag. Skip this one!

on 2/17/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a really beautiful product. I swore off of foundation a few years ago, switching to tinted moisturizers and BB creams, but still get the occasional pang for the more complete coverage a foundation brings. I picked up a very graciously sized sample from my local NARS counter, since a full sized bottle doesn't run cheap and my very pale skin is finicky with shades.

Siberia is a perfect match for my fair skin (I wish their tinted moisturizer came this light). This is PALE ladies.

Even though my skin leans towards oily, I absolutely love the finish this gives. This is not sheer at all. It's a solid medium coverage with a demi-matte finish. My skin looks alive and fresh, not too flat, not greasy at all. I set with powder and get a nice matte finish that livens up as my natural oils seep through. Since I'm not a foundation girl anymore, I didn't have a primer laying around to wear underneath, so I wore this on it's own. I had a nasty cold and was blowing my nose constantly, and at the end of the day, the foundation had broken down a bit from the constant rubbing around my nose, but my skin still looked beautiful.

I don't feel like I'm wearing foundation with this product, which is exactly what I was looking for. I also just applied this with my fingers over well moisturized skin, and it applied very nicely.

Video Reviews & Tutorials