October 25, 2014 | 1120 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Julesbee2249

LOVE this foundation! So natural & the color selection is amazing for us girls with yellow undertones! I wish it wasn't so expensive but whatever. It's NARS.. What do you expect?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Breena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Right, so! In this foundation, I am the shade Stromboli, which I find to be a perfect match! I find MAC foundations to be slightly too yellow for my skin.
I find the coverage for this to be sheer to medium buildable, which is absolutely perfect for me, depending on what kind of look I'm going for! It hides all of my redness and I absolutely love it!
The first time I wore this, I plain and simple didn't get on with it. I set it with a mineral powder and decided to leave it alone, not touching it up throughout the day. I found that my skin became incredibly oily after wearing it for a few hours.
The second time I wore it, I used all the same products in the same regime beforehand again, then applied my sheer glow. I then set it with Ben Nye's banana powder and found that it stayed fine for 6 hours! No oil slick skin!
I absolutely adore the finish of this foundation. As a girl who always had oily skin, I always stuck to completely matte foundations. My skin is now balancing out to normal/combination, so I decided to give Sheer Glow a chance! I do not regret it at all.

The only cons I have is that seeing as though it is so pricey, it doesn't come with a pump, and the bottle is pretty small. I find these to be the only disappointing points.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by tirnanog1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not 'sheer' and there is no 'glow' An awful foundation...dont be fooled by the premium price, this is not a premium product. The foundation sits like a mask on the skin and slides off in a few hours, also makes your skin look dry even if you dont have dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

I absolutely love this foundation!
I live in Australia where is gets really hot and sweaty throughout the summer months. Over the past couple of years I have stuck with the longer wearing foundations such as Mac Pro Longwear and Lancome tient Idole, however I started to notice that although these don't budge, they were making my skin look 'old' and I started to feel them on my face.

Nars Sheer Glow is a thin consistency with such great coverage, although it isn't 'mask like' like the other foundations I have worn in the past. It goes on so smoothly and is so easy to blend. I apply one layer with fingers and buff on another where I need it. I usually pair this foundation with the Nars radiant creamy concealer and a setting powder.
I do find that on really hot days it's staying power isn't perfect, but with a little touching up I make do.
Colour range is great. I love that Nars have catered for us Neutral toned girls, as I always struggle to find a shade in Mac foundations that isn't too pink or yellow.
I did take off a lippie or 2 as this retails for nearly $70 in Australia which I think is a lot for a foundation. I also find that the lids can sometimes leak a little, so I've ordered the pumps which I'm hoping will fix that.
Great foundation, highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by FrazzleDazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Its an absolutely lovely foundation, but this simply doesn't react well with my skin!

Ever since getting it, I've been using it as an everyday foundation. Loving it, flawless but very natural and skin-like finish, Effortless to put on (I have very dry skin) and looks effortless and glowing (but NOT greasy - its hard to explain!) I find it easy to apply, I shake the bottle really well and put my finger on the top, turn upside down to get a blob of product out. I do find myself using quite a bit (3 blobs) to cover my whole face though.

Every time I get little cystic bumps under the skin. They really annoy me so I always try to scratch them to get them to go down, but they always go red and leave an ugly scar. It would take weeks for the spot to stop being active and painful and usually when it settles down, another one appears in the area right beside it!! This is very unusual behaviour for my skin because I am used to one or two spots once a month and they would always be resolved in 3 days max. My face is now covered in scars and constant active spots, when I once used to have flawless skin.

I kept using this foundation though because I really did love it and didn't want to come to terms. But I decided enough is enough. It has only been 3 days since I last used it and my skin is already clearing up and the scars are fading - yup, definitly this foundation.

I have used every cheap foundation under the sun and they have all been inert on my skin, so I'm so surprised that its reacting like this with anything high end?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by JessSee0611

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using this foundation for almost 3 years now. It is very easy to blend and the colour range is great. I use a sponge wedge to apply the foundation. The coverage is definitely med-full - depending on how much you layer. In flash photography, the foundation tends to look like a white cast if too much is applied. I go through one bottle once every 18 months (the product still isn't finished, but I buy a new one). I've noticed that after 8 months, the foundation begins to oxidise on the skin. If this product wasn't so expensive, I would purchase a new bottle every eight months!

In terms of "glowing", I don't see it... This product doesn't make my skin noticeably glow! Despite it's flaws, I've been hooked on this product from the time I started wearing foundation (3 years ago). I recommend this product to people with fairly non-problematic skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by madi1993

I purchased the NARS Sheer glow a few months back in the colour, Stromboli.
Let me start by saying, I am a MAC NC30-37 skin tone and I love the colour Stromboli on my skin.
However, the product itself is in my opinion, very disappointing and overly hyped up. As a makeup artist I know a good foundation when I see one and this sadly, just doesn't tick all the boxes for me. It can look lovely and "glowy" when first applied but within just a few hours it looks extremely average!

Colour = Great but lacks pigmentation!
Consistency = Too runny and hard to work with
Coverage= Light to medium yet still looks as though I'm wearing quite a bit of makeup (very annoying)
Staying Power= CRAP! Im normal/ combo skin and this product when primed and powdered is lucky to last me 5 hours. By the end of a working day I look blotchy and dull!

FOr the price, there are FAR superior products on the market.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by luchu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think NARS' Sheer Glow is a really great allrounder and having many brands, it is my favourite foundation so far. It feels incredibly light but gives a pretty decent level of coverage. The consistency is very silky and it is easy to apply - do this lightly with your fingers, as it warms the product up helping it to blend in better. You can layer the foundation once it has dried, if I'm going out I build up an extra layer of coverage over my cheeks, it masks redness really well without looking cakey.

I have fair skin, I'm half asian half caucasian which can be very hard to colour match, but I've found this to be the truest to my natural skin tone; in the summer I wear Fiji and in the winter I am Deauville.

My skin is sometimes on the dry side but I haven't had problems with flakeyness or dryness as other reviewers have. I did accidentally buy the NARS sheer matt foundation once - and it really didn't work out so well for me. But that's another story...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by jessicaalynnexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this foundation, but unfortunately it made me break out, and highlighted the dry patches in my skin. When it comes to sheer and glowing foundation, I much prefer MUFE Face And Body. Also, I noticed that this foundation made me break out and my skin felt very irritated. This would be a nice foundation for someone with smooth, clear skin with yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by KACheroske

I really love the finish of this foundation! They have a great selection of skintones as well. I'm in the shade Deuville, which is perfect for me in the winter. I have dry/combination skin and this foundation does not last very long on my face:( I'm used to not wearing a powder because of having dry skin but find that I do need a translucent poweder with this. I still love this foundation though because it does NOT dry me out and with a powder looks very nautural and glowy. One complaint I do have is that if I touch my face it does come off... I normally wouldn't continue wearing a foundation with this issue buttttttt it just looks so stunning on the skin. Packaging looks really nice but a definite pain in the bum.