April 19, 2014 | 1562 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by melyssab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard great things about this pallet and since it was on !sale! I ran to get it! The colors have a nice pigment and the texture is really soft and velvety. I especially love the shades with shimmer. <3 I love browns and neutral shades and have way too many already, so this pallet was a must for me! Lol. I can't wait to start using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go-to palette for my neutral smokey looks. There is a bit of fallout; but nothing over the top. With the right primer/base the colors show up very lovely! The palette is very versatile for light-dark looks. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palette! Its a very good price for how much eyeshadows you get! 10 bucks for 10 shadows. Great neutral colors, so if your a neutral person like me, you'll love it. Very good for everyday wear. Also lasts all day, with a primer of course. Also blends well too. Love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even if you only get one great shadow the price of this palette ($9.99 at Ulta) is worth it and I found several. I can't imagine that there isn't at least one great option for everyone. At least one. I always use primer because I have oily lids and, as my previous experience with NYX eye shadow, most of the colors lasted and were beautiful. This compact is so slim it is perfect for travel. I can't find a single negative and I would not hesitate to buy this again if I ever run out.

My opinions of reasonably priced products are not based on a curve, like when some reviews qualify "for a cheap product this is great BUT." I think the price for powder in a plastic container is right on with brands like NYX. It is this type of industry fairness (I'm cheap, but fair) that makes me harder on more expensive brands. If I pay more, I expect more and in twenty-five years of cosmetic whoring I have yet to find a single time (one single time) where a pricier eye shadow, blush, lipstick or lip gloss was worth it. I might find a color from a HE brand every once in a great while that is off the chart but the quality is never better than Revlon, Avon, NYX, Hard Candy, etc.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by DayDreamer223

This is my very first NYX product and I was pretty excited. The pigmentation is alright for the price. The only reason I got it was because I wanted a lot more neutral colors in my makeup collection. I wouldn't buy this product again, but it was worth trying.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by CEELLIS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had this for about 2 months. The shades are very pretty and versatile. I do find some of the shades difficult to blend, and others don't have much pigment. But I figure that even if I get good use out of half of the colors I'm content with what I've paid for it. Won't be buying this particular palette again, but will probably try another if I come across one with shades that I like.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by utprincess

Very disappointed in this NYX palette. I normally love NYX shadows and thought this would be similar to the singles. Unfortunately, the colors look gorgeous in the pan, but are very chalky and difficult to blend on your eyelids. The colors are similar and not pigmented enough. I will not be purchasing the other NYX palettes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jesscvz

i got this about a month ago and its pretty good. i just have a hard time deciding what colors to wear lol. the main reason i got it was because i always wear natural colored eye shadow. i love the mirror in it, its huge :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MadameB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the price this is an excellent palette. I think the pigmentation is good not great. I mean this is no Urban Decay or MAC but it'll do.

Keep in mind these are light and/or pale neutral colors so they are going to not be super pigmented.

I paid $10 at Ulta and I think that's a great deal for the amount of shadows you get. Two colors are almost identical in the palette which is slightly annoying.

Some say this palette is a good dupe of UD Naked palette. I disagree. UD Naked is much warmer and has way more shimmer.

Champagne & Caviar is much cooler toned with less shimmer. I say Champagne and Caviar is more of a dupe of Too Faced Naked Eye Palette so I'd grab this is if you're on a budget.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this palette, but unfortunately after a week's worth of use I wanted my $10 back asap! The shadows look lovely in the pan, but the chalkiness and barely there pigmentation was annoying to work with. While I love NYX single and some trio shadows, this 10 pan shadow was just a huge disappointment. No, it's not because the colors are neutral - hell that's the whole reason why I purchased it, but more the lasting power... these did not stay on me that long even with high end and drugstore eye primers. I currently don't have oily or dry lids, but normal and these faded after 2 hours of wear. I loved that the color range can go from daytime to night time looks which I tried. By the end of the night, my smokey eyes turned into a sloppy patchy smokey gray. The only shadow that I did like was the white shade - it wasn't too pigmented and it was perfect for under the brows and tear ducts.

I'm not a fan of the packaging, anything with a glossy finish drives me nuts - finger prints are my eyes pet peeves! The mirror inside is nice, but the lid doesn't stand up right to properly use the mirror rendering the mirror a bit useless when you want to use it free handed. Like someone has mentioned before, I would rather pay the $10 for a single NYX eyeshadow than try any of these 10 palettes again. My Coastal Scents palettes are far better than this palette. It's going back to the store this weekend.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No