July 28, 2014 | 1963 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Ceesaroni

I got this as a present from sephora (like what seems like everyone else did hehe..) and im so glad because the full size of this retails at $20+! crazy. Anywho, this product is VERY similar to Burt Bee's tinted lip balm line in texture to me, except the Sugar ones are a bit smoother and feel waxier to me. Not really my thing, mostly because of the high price tag but if thats your concern you might want to check out Burt's Bee's line.

P.S. Don't let the high price tag fool you into thinking that it means it's of superior quality to other (..cheaper) products out there :/ I know everyone's tastes differ but yeah..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Recently got this from Sephora's private sale. Finally caved due to the hype.

It has a very subtle fruity scent that is very very nice. Tinted with very sheer rosy colour. I have very dry lips that chaps all the time. Very picky when it comes to lipbalms as not all will work for me. (ie Burt's bee honey lipbalm doesn't). This is very creamy, moisturizng and kept my lips from chapping. It feels very nice on and the more i use it the more i love it. A thin layer gives off a sheen while too much makes my lips look oily. Like i've just eaten a fried chicken....

I also love and hated the packaging. The packaging feels very "solid" and thus heavy... too heavy. It feels really good quality and looks absolutely fantastic. Its a screw type instead of the normal lipstick packaging where you just pull off the cap. The feeling when i am unscrewing the cap however, the material rubbing against each other, feels alittle eeky.

Overall a good product but the price is horendous.

Update: i said i will not repurchase because it so costly, but i just did... i just purchased a set with a mini lip butter and Fresh Soy Cleanser...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this lip balm. I recieved the mini in the Sephora birthday set. The packaging is pretty, but a little cumbersome to open. The smell is decent and fleeting. To me, it smells like the old-school Avon Dew Kiss Lip Dew. The balm has a very soft consistency, which is good for the lips, but terrible in the heat. This is not a good one to keep in your pocket!
As for the balm itself, it has a tint, but it is barely discernible on my deeply pigmented lips. Because of this, I just use it as a regular colorless lip balm. It does my lips so right -- the moisture soaks right in and softens them right up. This is perfect for under lipstick! Unfortunately, I get a very similar effect when I use Nivea Kiss of Moisture, so I can't justify a future purchase, well, unless I'm suddenly blessed with loads of discretionary income.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love the color so much i wanted it to work. but it just doesn't. its waxy and drying. please Fresh, change the formula so I can love it! i sooo want to!!! so much that i'm giving it a 3 anyways!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does give a really pretty rose tint to my lips. However, I find that it is not moisturizing at all. It makes my lips look like I just ate a strawberry popsicle. I love the color so much, but my main problem with it is the formula. Just like the other fresh balms, it turns into mush when I try to apply it. That drives me crazy and makes me never want to buy fresh sugar lip treatments. It just turns into mush. I'm not okay with that.

EDIT: despite its flaws, this is a great alternative to lipstick, which I despise. I find myself reaching for it a lot because it gives just the right pop of color. May repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff - it is one of the few lip treatments that really seems to improve the texture of my lips, makes the, softer and smoother. It gives a beautiful, sheer pink tint to my lips and makes a great base for drier lipstick formulas. Lovely stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this as part of a Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo as a Bday pressie from Sephora. See my other review for the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.
This is the same, smooth, moisturizing lippie as it's sister, Fresh Sugar, but it has a light rose tint. It's lovely on my pigmented lips, but I would like a shade more tint.
Because I got it as a mini set, I can't speak to the price, or to the design of the full sized tubes, but one of my favorite things about this is that the cap screws on. A solution to a constant problem in my bags wherein the cap and the lippie break up without telling me.
Overall, a nice little balm with a hint of color and a smooth moisture. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by lanihime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been eyeing this product for a while - and came away underwhelmed. It's called a "treatment' but not exactly sure what it's treating. It's a lip balm. It's supposed to be moisturizing, and it has SPF. So it fulfills those requirements. Does it do it better than anything I've used? Not really. Does it do it worse? Not really. It's just average.

The tint is nice, but not super impactful on my lips. There's a slight rose scent, so it's a plus or minus depending on what you think of fake rose scents.

The packaging is different with a screw cap instead of a slide off cap, but the balm stick feels shaky. If you expose a lot, it feels like it has the potential to break when you use it.

I would say it's most comparable with Softlips tints for consistency and color but with a slightly better scent. Is that worth paying 4x as much?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 4 of the fresh sugar lip treatments, and they're all awesome. will continue to buy. this isn't a balm, it's a treatment. balms only fill in the lines of your lips and give the illusion of a hydrated pout. I finished one whole tube (original size not the bday gift mini one) and my lips have needed less applications throughout the day. the condition of my dry lips have actually improved, thus one tube lasts me even longer now.took me 9 months to finish my intense therapy one. and I applied it almost everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by eribear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I too got this as a free birthday gift from Sephora and at first, I was thinking it would be too pink, based on the color in the tube, but it actually goes on so sheer and gives a touch of fresh color to the lips without looking artificial . It has a light, non-greasy feel, but gives amazing shine without looking too fake. I love this. The only thing I am not a fan of it the screw on and off top. I just want to be able to pull the top off and snap it back on and I guess I could snap it back on, but I am afraid I will break the tube.