Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 11/2/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This is a pretty good day foundation as it feels light on the skin, a great colour match and never looks cakey but natural. The only problem is there just isn't enough coverage for my blemishes! You need to have a good concealer underneath to hide them. Although I will keep this as a day foundation until I find a better alternative (which I haven't and been using this for a year). The other good thing about this product is the tub lasts forever!

on 10/31/2013 10:40:00 PM

There's nothing like Bare Minerals. I used to use this, then ventured out into the world of liquid foundations. I never found anything that looked natural and didn't make my already dry skin look worse. Recently, I took this out to try to remember what I used to love about it. And automatically I fell back in love with this powder. It's so fine and smooth, natural look and feel AND doesn't highlight dry patches if you use a good moisturizer. I'm back to Bare Minerals for sure.

on 10/30/2013 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I was using Mary Kay's powder foundation, I loved it until I tried this! I get the one without SPF though because I don't like that SPF smell on my face, this really blends well and to me is full coverage, a major downside is if you lay down it will get on your pillow and it can get on your clothes, for sure apply after you are dressed!!!

on 10/14/2013 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This is a great foundation for the summertime when you want something light on your skin. It doesn't provide the best coverage however, and it doesn't last longer than a few hours. It does provide great broad spectrum SPF protection, which again, is great in the summer.

on 10/14/2013 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about a week and i'm not sure what tot think about it.

I use it on a daily base combined with La Roche Posay Effaclar 'mattifying daycream'. I apply it with my zoeva silky finish brush. When just applied it looks perfectly matte and very natural. It doesn't cover blemishes very well so i need to use concealer. But for a daily use i like the natural coverage.
After a few hours at work the oil starts to break through my make up. It is not super oily, but i had high hopes that this powder would control my oiliness better. Luckily it doesn't cause any breakouts.

I will continue using this because it was not very cheap, but i will not repurchase.

on 10/10/2013 10:11:00 PM

This is your typical "good enough" foundation for daily use. It is very lightweight (when you apply it lightly), and doesn't clog pores. There isn't much more you could want. Its initial level of coverage doesn't last super long especially if you have oily skin, but it WILL give you some degree of coverage all day long. This is a pretty good everyday lightweight foundation for oily skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this to set my liquid foundation and im.sooooo happy im.loving.it, i usually get super oily on.my tzone and this keeps it under control and.the coverage.is beyond great... Also i have a yellow undertone and this is the first powder that matches my skin perfectly! I don't look pink anymore i got the golden.medium.

on 10/9/2013 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had high expectations, I admit, after all I've heard about Bare Minerals. Unfortunately this stuff just didn't do it for me. Typical of a powder foundation, it accentuated my pores and seemed to cling around them and not fill them in at all. Also it seems to be incapable of blending, and pretty much caked on to wherever on my face the brush touched first. Very disappointing.

on 9/26/2013 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

at first i really like this foundation, until i tried liquid foundation which covers and stays on way better than this stuff. (yes im a novice, no expert by any means at makeup). color match is great IMO. no trouble finding my shade. (have yellow undertones)/ as far as coverage, id say light, you can still see your flaws through it, the best way i can describe it is it blurs your flaws rather than covering them up? no matter how much you apply (little or alot). idk, i really dont even use it anymore, which is a waste of money for me. another thing is, for some reason this stuff makes my skin itch! so like any makeup goes, you just have to try some to see if it works for you.

I used this foundation for years after stumbling upon it several years ago when picking out makeup to wear for my high school prom. I stopped using it last year because I wanted to try something new, and now that I have tried other things, I would not go back to this.

I have really oily skin, so a mineral foundation seemed best; however, I was shiny after a couple hours, and it was almost completely gone by the end of an 8 hour day even after using primer. I also had moderate acne and this foundation does not provide enough coverage on its own. It cancels out some redness at first, but definitely by the end of the day, all blemishes are exposed.

I didn't know any better, since I had never tried any other high end foundation before, but I switched to liquid foundation (Lancome Tient Idole 24H) and even with my oily skin, I won't go back to powder. Powder does not provide enough coverage or staying power, and I saw the same amount of shine with both. Also, I had been told several times when using the bare mineral foundation that I looked "cakey" and "chalky". Oh, and for some reason, even though this foundation is suppose to be made of minerals and good for your skin, it actually broke me out.

So I may recommend this foundation to people just to give it a try because I have heard good things from others, but I personally wouldn't ever buy it again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review/Comparison: BareMinerals vs. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination by TheKatalicious17

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products