Maybelline Super Stay Makeup

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin ( /- May Contain: CI77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI77499, CI77492, CI77491/Iron Oxides)

This is probably my favorite foundation ever and i have tried alot! I always come back to this one because the color range is really nice and it makes my skin look super smooth. The coverage is impeccable especially for drugstore. The price everywhere is pretty much $10. Great buy. My only complaint is it doesn't control oil very well. But some blotting and loose powder does the trick.

on 8/18/2012 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have this foundation in the shade Ivory, which matches my NW15-18 skin perfectly.
I would say that this is a medium-full coverage. It's nice and thick and applies really well. It dries quickly too, and leaves a matte finish.
I have oily skin, that gets extremely oily around my t-zone, but I still get dry patches between my brows and around my mouth sometimes. This foundation does a good job smoothing everything out.
The staying power is good, I wouldn't say that it's spectacular. I have extremely red cheeks and this foundation covers that all day, if I apply enough in the morning. I will start to look a bit shiny towards the end of the day, but that's nothing a bit of powder won't fix.
Luckily, where I live Superstay comes with a pump so I have no complaints about the packaging. I like that the bottle is made of glass, but that it isn't too chunky and heavy.
Overall, a good product and well worth buying. Personally, I prefer Dream Satin Liquid but Superstay is great too. I use them both equally.

on 8/8/2012 8:38:00 PM

this product does last a while but it was sticky and made my face appear orange. i tried 3 pending shades around my color and all were disbelieving,

I love this foundation. Fantastic staying power and great pigmentation. Only problem is that the colors have a tendency to be a little orange, so choosing your color is iffy. I've been wearing this for a year now, and I still love it.

on 8/7/2012 12:28:00 AM

I've only been using this for a few days but so far I like it. I've been using the Super Stay concealer for a while now and have been liking that, so I figured I should try the foundation out and see if it works for me. I purchased shade Porcelain Ivory (I'm pretty sure that's the lightest color) and its a great match for my very fair freckled skin. I use a dampened kabuki style brush to apply it and it blends in quite well. My skin is very broken out at the moment (it has been for months.. ugh..) and I find that this foundation helps hide the blemishes as well as completely cover scars. I think once my skin clears (hopefully sometime soon...) this foundation will look absolutely flawless! it looks great on the areas of my skin that are clear. I set this foundation with Physicians Formula Mineral Airbrushing pressed powder. the finish is very smooth and not too matte, but definitely not at all shiny. As long as this does not cause worse breakouts then I will re-purchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! When I first purchased it at Walmart, I heard great reviews on it, and I was excited to use it. However, I used a flat top brush to apply it, and it was really cakey. I was so disappointed. A few weeks later, I decided to give it one more go, this time, using a kabuki foundation brush-(shaped like a beauty blender, in a way) and it worked WONDERFULLY. It wasn't cakey at all, and it blended out very nicely. For me, it doubles up as a concealer too, I can't see any dark circles under my eyes. My skin looks flawless when I'm wearing this!

For oil control, it didn't control much, but it didn't smear off throughout the day, either.

My biggest complaint is probably the packaging-I mean, there's no pump or anything, how do you get the foundation out?! I have to shake the bottle, and there'll be some at the top, and I'll dip my brush in there. Then the foundation goes back down, and I'll have to close it again and shake it up. Unsanitary, I know. So it Maybelline can come up with a better packaging for this-I probably will give it 5 stars!

I have combination skin and so I had heard that this was suppose to be good for my skin type but it aint! This made my whole face look very flakey and hairy once I got into natural lighting!! I paid 10 bucks for this and it sure wasnt worth it!! I would not recommend this for people that have combination skin!

on 7/18/2012 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really never had the chance to experiment much with this foundation so I really can't say how much of a staying power this had on my oily skin. The colour options for this foundation are too little. I asked one of the workers to help me choose a foundation that would match me and I was stuck between choosing one that was either too light on me or too dark. But it was cheap so if you find one that perfectly matches you, you might want to try this out...

I just recently got this make up because I am in the Army and got stationed in a state that is high in humidity (so not what i'm used to). Anyways one Facebook status later I had a bunch of referrals to try this make up because supposedly it lasts through sweat and humidity (this coming from my friends back home in the dry heat of California). Anyways, I'll cut to the chase. This make up is thick, it covers excellently, probably a good make up for dry climate. But in southern humid states it's not good. My face gets really shiny and glossy and oily by the time i leave the house and when I clean my make up off at night with a make up cleansing wipe there isn't any face make up left just my eye make up lol I try not to leave my reviews without a comparison or another option so i'll just say that I had better coverage with Loreal True Match. It's lighter, smoother, stays on longer, Doesn't get as oily but the trick is to put on the liquid foundation then the compact powder. Also another side note is that these make ups work better on darker complexion. The lighter skin tones don't offer as good of coverage for either of these brands.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. Good texture, good coverage-medium to full, stays in place like it says...My only issue is that the color options arent too vast. Other than that Id buy it again.