September 1, 2014 | 1907 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I have used this for a week and I have to say that I really don't like this foundation.
.This foundation is cakey.I have tried many different ways to apply it ,beauty blender, foundation brush stippling brush, my finger and tons of primers thinking it might change things and NOTHING WORKED.

Other than being cakey ,it does have a few benefits :it's long lasting and doesn't oxidize, and doesn't rub off

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by blond1wd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's been awhile since I used this, but I remember I liked it well enough. Now that I've realized how much better liquid application is with a kabuki brush, I think I may give it a second look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really didn't like this foundation! I got this in Honey Beige, the color looked so unnatural :P Like I usually say on here, the Honey Beige mostly ends up looking like a peachy/tan mess for me. Maybelline foundations are just way too pink undertoned, I gave up on them for foundation. This made me VERY oily, gave me a cake face, and broke me out :( It's really heavy foundation, I felt like I had a mask on. Also, terribly unflattering in the natural light. It was very obvious that I had makeup on. Really messy too! The only positives with this was that it lasted all day and gave decent coverage. This was pricey for the quality imo, for sure not buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this several months ago, used it, and then something else got my interest and I put this away. Well, I was out of foundation and looked in my stash (yes, I tend to buy and not use all of a lot of products) and saw this one. Tried it, loved it, and have been using it (again) for the past month and 1/2. I have it in 'Natural Beige'. I have a pretty pale complexion, but this blends perfectly into my skin. I apply with a sponge and honestly, if I just looked at the sponge I would think "this is too dark!", but on my face it just isn't. Like I said, it blends perfectly into my skin. I wear this probably 9 hours in a day and don't find that it wears off or smudges off onto my clothes. My skin is T-zone oily, and I touch it up with powder about mid day. Doesn't break me out. It's a decent foundation. I would buy it again and I might unless something else catches my eye. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everything about this foundation is decent for me and I'd say its my favourite drug store foundation if it wasn't for the appalling colour range. I got the lightest - 010 Ivory, yet its so so dark on me. I''ve only found the perfect colour match recently; Bourjois healthy mix serum gel foundation in 52 Vanilla. Its like a perfect layer of new skin, however the staying power doesn't suit my oily t-zone. So if this superstay makeup was in this shade it'd be perfect. Sigh! Besides that, the texture is lovely, the coverage is great, no tacky finish, doesn't feel like a mask. Maybe if I had a dark tan, I'll use this - so I won't bin it just yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by TinaSheipline

Luckily for me the shade Pure Beige matches very well, better than any other foundation I have tried, but the reason I won't repurchase this is b/c it claims to stay on for 24 hours and mine will rub off on my finger after maybe 3! Now my skin does tend to get rather oily and pretty quick too but this stuff transfers like no other for me! It's awful! I get it on my clothes and it doesn't matter what I do. I don't use a primer b/c to be honest I just don't like the feel of them, I do set it with powder and I blot when needed, but even blotting I lose half my makeup. If anyone has any recommendations please feel free to let me know b/c I do love how this stuff looks for the first few hours and right after touching up.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Nikky612

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE!
I got this in the lightest shade for my fair skin and it has horrible pink undertones and oxidises very quickly.
The colour is disgusting.
The packaging is terrible, you have to tip the bottle upside down to get the product out and usually too much product comes out.
Yes it does have very good staying power but so not worth the aftermath of wearing it!
This foundation broke me out! The only foundation that has ever broken me out! I wore this from the early morning until about 12 at night and when i went to take my make-up off i had 3 lovely white heads, definitely caused by this foundation.
It also clings to dry patches like crazy.
This foundation is going in the bin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by briannaAMx0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I have pale skin so I bought the lightest shade. It's still a little too dark for me, but I think it's really my powder that makes it look darker(Maybelline mineral powder). I don't mind that it's a tad too dark because of how awesome the coverage is. It even looks like it makes my pores smaller! I have oily skin so my pores are kinda big but..this makeup really covers them!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by gangqinjia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed by this foundation! Even the lightest shade was an atrocious oompa-loompa mask on my fair skin. Although it did stay on well through out the day compared to other foundations, I still found it on my boyfriend's shirt every time I hugged him - the sole reason I decided to try this "superstay" foundation. Hopefully in the summer when my skin tans, the foundation won't be so terribly orangey, and this won't be a complete waste of my money. Otherwise, I'm just really put out about this. I'm a Maybelline fan, but this was not a winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by rosieposiex

I love this foundation! The only downside is the color selection. For me, anyway. I have it in 'Natural Beige' and it does seem a bit orangey when swatched. However I think most Maybelline foundations look a little pink/orangey until blended into the skin and then they magically look fine? Maybe that's just me. Even though it wasn't exactly orangey when I blended it in, it was still too dark. To help with the color, I mixed some of my Revlon Colorstay (Normal/Dry Skin) in 150 Buff, and I absolutely loveeeee this! I use this combination every day. It keeps my skin looking flawless, with a dewy/glow to it all day long. It lasts me all day, though I'll get a little shiny on my forehead if I don't touch up. But it's nothing outrageous. Alone the Superstay performs well, and lasts a pretty decent amount of time (I'm not too sure about the 24 hour claim). Some say it's a matte finish but in my opinion it's more of a semi-matte natural finish. If I don't set it, it does give me a "glow" but it isn't exactly dewy. Overall I do think the Superstay is fine on its own, I just don't use it that way because of the wrong shade. I also love the combination of Superstay & Colorstay more than using either by themselves! I suggest you give it a try if you haven't.