April 16, 2014 | 985 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by hayleyleloup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser. It's dark and messy, but I use it in the shower so it's no big deal. The smell isn't nice but it's not overpowering.
It says to use it once to twice a week depending on skin type but I use it about 5 times a week... It's not too drying but it controls oil so well. It gives a nice gentle scrub, but and leaves my skin so soft. I like it. It's just a pain that it's a bit expensive, and the little flimsy plastic tub it comes in sucks. It'd be better in the hard black plastic ones...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Demzy173

I love this product! Straight after the first time i used it, my skin was soooo soft, even though i had loads of spots before, there were practically none after the first time of using this! Its my new love! Would recomend using it in the shower, its really easy to get off in the shower! It did make my skin kind of a little bit discolourd in little patches, but i can totally live with that! The only reason i gave it 4 stars is because of the awful smell! i really hate it, it makes me want to gag, its kind of like liquorice and aniseed, like gaviscon, only a lot worse! i got some in my mouth, and i was almost sick, it was dreadful! I can put up with that aswel though, as it does wonders on my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by asiamjr

I have combination skin that occassionally breaks out. i have enlarged pores as well. i was skeptical about this product and have never used any LUSH products previously. however, i must say that i am really impressed with this scrub. yes, it is messy. yes, it is on the pricier side. BUT it is incredible how soft my skin feels, how my pores are almost invisible, and how clear my skin looks. now as i said i only get the occassional breakout but ive had problems in the past and i dont know if this scrub will be great for someone with moderate acne. the SA at the store showed me another scrub called herbalism that was gentlier and that one may be better for someone with moderate to severe acne. i think it's crucial to never overscrub...i only plan on using dark angel 1-2 times a week. i also like using it in the morning in the shower because i like how smooth and soft my skin is just prior to applying makeup. make sure to tone and moisturize well. this scrub does have the potential to strip your skin of too much natural oils if youre not careful.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

I bought this during the summer months when my face was really oily and inflamed with pimples. I tried it faithfully for a month. I love the smell of it.
The ingredients sound so promising but it did not make my skin look or feel better. Whenever i used this. It made a huge mess in my sink and i had to use a sponge to clean it up. It was hard to wash off and after i had washed it all off and all my pores were noticeable and stuck with coal... Eh, it's not all that great to me. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink550

I LOVE what dark angels does to my face! It exfoliates and makes it glowy and bright! :) What's not to love? Well, my only problem with this cleanser is how messy it is! It makes my sink sooooo messy! However, in my opinion, small price to pay for beautiful skin! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Winnie15

This cleanser scrub like most other Lush cleansers is a bit of a pain in that you have to pinch a piece off, work it into a paste with some water and cleanse-scrub your skin. It works like a charm...but I've only used this when my skin is oily and in summertime...so I dont know how this would work on drier skin types...I also left it on as a mask a couple of times...and it really left my face feeling matte, and fresh. Overall...I really like it.
p.s...
i was just going through my reviews...and almost all of them are Lush related...so i just want to clarify...that I'm just into Lush at the moment...and I dont work for them or anything!!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by MSMKUP

I love this scrub! After using this my skin felt so soft. I got rid of dead skin and oils, and it helped prevent breakouts. At the moment I'm using Burt's bees apricot scrub and Its ok, but the lush one is ten times better. The only downside to using this is it can get pretty messy since it is black but it's easy to clean up and using it in the shower prevents any sloppiness from escaping on to your stuff. I am for sure going back to buy a big supply of this.

P.S. It does last a long time. A six dollar supply of this products lasted me well over 2-3 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad I purchased just the tiniest amount possible. I don't think this is an outstanding product as a face scrub. Besides, the application is so messy that I just avoid using it. No matter how careful I try (I'm not a clumsy person at all), it stains my arms and my sink black. It's not like you can't wash it out, but I hate seing black tracks down to my elbows. Otherwise, it leaves my skin soft just like any other scrub would do but with a big price difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:34:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i waited the longest time to review this product as i have been kinda on the fence about it. i went through a phase where i was obsessed with lush products and tried to try as many as possible. i soon came to the realisation that lush products are actually nothing special and do very little for how ridiculously much they cost, i mean 98bucks per kg for soaps is just plain crazy especially when the soaps do nothing special and the scents dont even linger. in terms of the scrub itself, it was pretty pricey (18bucks for 100g) but is lasting a long time (although i would expect most drug store face scrubs that are cheaper to last pretty much just as long, plus you normally get 150ml). it is a decent face scrub (its quite scrubby which i like) and is definately fine to use daily. it works well but doesnt seem to do anything that a cheaper face scrub woulnt do but is still overall a nice face scrub. i like the smell and the way it works but dont think i will repurchase but who knows!

just a word of advise to those who are super hooked on lush products, unless you are hyper-sensitive or really into the whole organic thing, there are cheaper dupes to be found everywhere that work just as well if not better than most lush products. its not even preservative free...eg the mint mask they carry could be easily duped with queen helene mint julep mask, dark angels could be duped by most anti-spots exfoliaters...the list goes on....so save your money i say....

edit: after using up all that i had i went back to my good old garnier anti-blackhead scrub and seriously the garnier one is so much better despite the fact its cheaper! i dont think dark angel ever worked that awesomely for me i just kept telling myself that it did because i really wanted to like it and i was trying to justify the spending. i still have coalface and im planning on taking it with me on holiday at the end of the year but i think i will give dark angel the miss from now on

edit no.2: the whole time I was using dark angels I always had one or two spots here and there despite the fact that I was never one to get spots (touch wood) unless its that time of the month. Ever since i stopped using it and went back to my good-old garnier scrub my face has cleared up and everytime i try to bring dark angels back into my routine (just for the sake of using up the remaining product) i get spots. So yeah now i've learnt and would probably never touch what is left in the pot...

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

I got a small sample of this and it lasted me a long time. When I went back to buy it this summer, they were out of it because they didn't have one of the ingredients. Luckily I found it when I went back this weekend. It exfoliates nicely and leaves my skin clear.