L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion

2.6

on 1/10/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This product is an ultimate fail. The brush was useless and did nothing for my lashes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Got it cheap in a sale bin. The brush does take some getting used to, but it does manage to catch all the lashes. But the formulation is more gunky than I'm used to. I have to wipe the excess on a tissue each time I use it. All in all, not worth the price (the non-sale price) and the extra time to apply it.

on 1/2/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok i really like this product but at first when i bought it i HATED it. It would clump my lashes and make them an awful mess. But when i worked with it more i found that using the applicator vertical helps it to separate the lashes better. It takes me at least 2 coats and some patience but i really like the look i get with this. i would recommend this to someone who wants a fanned out dramatic lash look and has time to work for it.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Do NOT, I repeat do NOT waste your money on this product! I don't usually buy the brand name mascaras because I find the cheap drug store brands like L'Oreal work fine for me, however this particular one by them is AWFUL. It comes out a clumpy, nasty mess all over the brush and even after trying to wipe some off, it globs up on your eyelashes. I paid over $8.00 for this and regret it!!! I like the idea of the wand, but it's so long it just feels flimsy. Nice try L'Oreal, but you failed with this one.

on 12/31/2010 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The 'design' of the brush is the right idea, but the mascara itself is terrible! The first time I put it on, it came out in 1 big goopy clump on my eyelashes! What a mess! I was about to toss it out & then thought I better not waste $12. I tried it again and wiped off the excess mascara off of the brush. It was a vast improvement and you could see the "design' of the brush was great since it started to separate and lengthen the lashes. However, it was still a bit messy.

The mascara formula needs a vast working over; it could be great!

I would not buy it again though.

on 12/27/2010 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It can be a temperamental little mascara but overall, I like it. I originally bought it to satisfy my curiosity about the brush, which I find works well in defining my lashes, especially at the outer and inner corners; the "fanned-out' effect tends to make my eyes look rounder. Most days the mascara works well -- I find less is more -- but every now and then the brush delivers an overload of wet, black goop that requires the assistance of another, more conventional wand to tame. Update: Sadly, I won't be buying this again as the formula clumps badly over time. On the other hand, I've held on to the wand for use with other mascaras. Overall, was worth the one-time purchase, but I'm moving on.

on 12/26/2010 10:36:00 PM

I do like this mascara, but I don't. It does lengthen my eyelashes, and it looks great. But it does clump alot, and the wand can be flimsy. To avoid clumps, I have to take a longer time (partly because of the flims brush) and really focus on getting the mascara onto all of my eyelashes. It does do a good job of reaching the lashes in the outer corner of my eye. Some days I love this mascara, and sometimes it frustrates me. Definately not my go to mascara when I need to put on makeup in a quick pinch, but when I have more time, I use it.

on 12/19/2010 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Decent product for lenghtening lashes. Color is ok and with the brush you really reach every lash. The reason for not repurchase is that i prefer something more dramatic, i love to add lenghts but also volume to lashes, otherwise, lashes look long but skinny. No smudging.

on 12/15/2010 9:41:00 AM

I'm more of a mascara layer-er (is that a word??) to get the best effect. This mascara has been perfect for me to get my not-so-well-behaved lashes on the inner and outer corners. I also use this after my last layer because I find that if used correctly it helps to spread out my lashes and give a great effect. I would definitely buy this product again for that purchase. On the other hand, I don't believe this would be a great product to use alone.

this mascara sucked! i read a bunch of bad reviews but decided to give it a try, DONT! this mascara was terrible it stuck my lashes together and didnt dry so it was really sticky and gross do not ever get this mascara... EVER