August 22, 2014 | 1819 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Explosion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by katwak

So I picked this up thinking that it would completely fix the problem I had trying to get the inside corners of my lashes. It did, it just didn't do it well. The size is good for getting the corners but the actual mascara formula is awful. It clumps up and doesn't stay on. It made me look like I had a total of five lashes. Not good. In theory it would have worked, but now that I look back on it, I probably could have gotten the job done with a normal mascara brush.
Good try L'oreal, better luck next time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on sale because I had heard good things. I was intrigued by the round brush, even though my gut told me that it didn't seem like a practical mascara brush. As soon as I did my first swipe, I regretted my purchase. The brush applied far too much product in one place and the wand is (obviously) not long enough to spread it to other lashes like a regular brush tends to do with some maneuvering. It took me at least twice as long as it usually takes to apply mascara and I still did not like the results. It didn't fan out my lashes; it turned them into spidery clumps.

I will give credit where credit is due: the brush does allow you to get into the corners and get every lash. It also does make lashes appear fairly long. I can see this mascara working better in conjunction with another mascara with a regular brush. However, I don't like layering mascaras or doing multiple coats nor do I think you should have to buy a different product to make another one of the same work. It's a good idea in theory, but in practice it just doesn't work well enough. Will definitely not repurchase... but I'll keep trying to make this work.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by sazzygurl

This was the worst mascara that I've ever tried. I tried it on two separate occasions (just in case the first attempt was due to getting use to the new wand) but both times my lashes came out so horribly clumpy I had to wash it off and use a different brand. Had to throw it away it was really awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by audreyv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara in a supermaket while on vacation because I had forgotten mine home. It was just a temporary thing and there wasnīt much of a choice, so I picked this one without thinking a lot. The packaging was quite appealing so I decided to give it a try. Bad choice. It was REALLY clumpy and didnīt curve my lashes at all, it just weighted them down. I tried to remove the clumpiness by cleaning the extra product off the lashes (and then off the brush) and it made a huge mess. I ended up with dry-looking heavy eyelashes. This doesnīt happen because people donīt know what they're doing, the product just sucks. There are alternatives to this mascara from the same price range that work much better and without having the need to recur to tissues.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Mel87Lem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara so I could have more control with my application, and to get those inner/outer lashes covered. For this purpose it is successful - however, since the brush is so little, it takes me ages to do my mascara, so it definitley won't be my everyday go to mascara.

The formula is pretty average, nothing amazing to comment on there. However it does get clumpy. I think this is because of the ball shaped brush does not get all the excess mascara brushed off the wand when you remove it from the tube, like what would happen with a normal mascara wand. I think that because of the ball shape brush, they've had to make the mascara tube opening wider to accomodate the brush, but in doing so, more excess mascara is left on the brush when you take it out (if that makes sense). So I think that's the main problem with this (this is totally just my perception though I could be completely wrong :p).

I'm going to use this for special occasions, or for covering my inner lashes once I've used my normal mascara. I put that I wouldn't buy again, but I like it for this purpose, so maybe I'd reconsider.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by huwanjun

so so ,I 'll never buy it ,

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by oishiii

I didn't want to believe the negative reviews on this product, so I decided to make a purchase and try it myself. As mentioned by others, it is extremely clumpy-- so clumpy, that I find it hard to believe other reviewers who deny it. Regardless, I tried to be optimistic by holding on to it and attempting to work with it. I've tried it on a handful on times now and even after wiping the wand down, I keep getting spider lashes. The formula easily smudges and weighs down my lashes. Overall, it is a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by DonnaChang

The brush on this mascara is awesome, however the product itself is not. It gave me amazing lashes the first 3-4 times I used it and then it turned into a lumpy gooey mess. I suppose if you wanted to wipe the wand down before and after each use it might work ok, but who wants to do that? Back to my HG Soft & Full.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by maria_a

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE this product. I'm not a huge mascara user especially cos my lashes are short and fine and I've always felt that nothing short of a miracle will help them. I've tried several mascaras (that have had decent reviews on MUA) but nothing seems to work as well as I expect it to.

THIS one though is amazing..the brush gets every single lash even my next-to-invisible bottom ones and I don't even feel the need to curl my lashes anymore. I love that the brush is not huge and unwieldy, it's neat and clean and I haven't had an issue with the clumping yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by awaylett

I agree with other reviewers that this mascara does clump extremely easy. I'm on my second bottle of this product because I love the tiny wand to separate lashes. It is a little flimsy, though. Because of the clumping, I just keep a tissue tucked away in my drawer and press my wand against it to help with the clumping.

This mascara gets into your outside crease easily to help spread out those lashes in the outside corner.

I will continue to use and keep my tissue handy. After about 2 weeks of use, you will no longer need your tissue.