July 31, 2014 | 1964 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by carmen79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Dior lip product. I am happy with this gloss, yes it is a lip balm but it works like a charm for me. Gives me the most beautiful pink tone it's my true My Lip But Better color. I will repurchase definitely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, the packaging of this lip balm is gorgeous. However, as a balm, it's just 'OK'. Lip glow is supposed to change color based on your own chemistry- on me, it turns a bright pink. It's not the most flattering shade for me but it works out alright (I'm about NC15). If you are looking for the most moisturizing balm on the planet, this is not it, but it isn't drying either. The taste/scent is the same as the Dior Lip Maximizer (which I love) and the two are suggested to be used together. I have both and together, it's basically a slick-shiny bright pink balm/gloss combo. Overall, I do like it, don't regret purchasing, and will finish it, but I may be looking for a different balm to try after I'm done. It's just left me wanting a little more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by lotionaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow. Great natural lip color. Light pink, very natural, like you were just born with great lip color. Lip glow did not make my lips feel like they were sticky or glued together or dry out my lips. I noticed that even when the initial shine had worn off, the lip color remained, giving my lips a natural stained look. The scent is nice, sort of a sweet vanilla mint but not tingly at all like carmex is. Beautiful packaging, but at $30 (ouch!) I think that I will be using this one sparingly. I think that this product would be great for most skin tones. Just enhances your own lip color to literally glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by VeryTeri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe it took me 2+ years to write a review for this. I have gone through literally almost 10 tubes of this stuff, and I am absolutely sure that I will be re-purchasing this for the remainder of my life. Here's why:

I am a lip junkie. I wake up, and my lips have almost no color to them. They ALWAYS look dull and feel parched. I absolutely H.A.T.E. the look and feel of my bare lips sans product. I'm a natural-lip type of person, and with that said, I want people to look at my lips and say "wow, she was naturally born with healthy, luscious, juicy, perfect pink lips". This is why I hate lip sticks/lip glosses/lip stains, because they all look fake at one point or another.

I truly would hate to come across as someone who is hyping this product to no end and over exaggerating my love for this product, but the day I purchased my first tube of Dior Lip Glow, was the day I stopped purchasing other lip products altogether. I admit, I was expecting disappointment given that I just realized I had spent 30+ dollars for a freaking LIP BALM. (You have no idea how happy I am for overcoming my cynicism, haha)

Every night I apply a good amount on my lips right before I go to bed. I wake up and I have healthy, luscious looking lips with the most beautiful pink color. Best of all? It looks like I was naturally born with these lips, and that there wasn't any product on my lips at all. What I love most about this product is that from the moment I wake up, the gorgeous shade of pink lasts all day on me. If anything, I'll do a bit of touching up during the evening but that's really about it (Note: the more you layer on, the more pigmented your lips become).

Summary:

- looks extremely natural in natural lighting, fluorescent lighting, and yellow based lighting
- smells amazing (to the point of giving you the urge to reapply every 30 minutes)
- feels like you have nothing on your lips
- once the balm sets, it does NOT transfer on my white starbucks cup - it's almost as if someone simply tweaked the pigment of my lips and made the natural color of my lips more saturated

I love this product, and will keep on purchasing until the day I die. I know, this is technically a "lip balm", and it is $30 dollars, but PLEASE do yourself a favor and at least try this out. Sephora has a great return policy anyway and it really would be a shame for you to overlook this product simply because it is perceived to be just another generic "lip balm".

PS. I have tried Givenchy's version of the Lip Glow (aka Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Lip & Cheek Balm), and let me tell you... save your money. The Dior Lip Glow is FAR more emollient, smells nicer, and the color of the Lip Glow has better longevity.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by laurie2025

Purchased this, but then came to my senses and said what am I wasting my money on?? It's a lip balm! Had to take it back. It's a nice product, but not worth the price - no lip balms are IMHO. I am giving this 1 lippie because of the outrageous cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this lip balm that gives a natural looking color to my lips and is moisturizing to boot! I have tried many other products that are supposed to give you color and it ends up looking freakish but this product gives an AMAZING natural color. If you add gloss on top you get a very natural looking lip with pizazz! Go get it girls!!!

My only complaint is the item is a bit pricey and doesn't have a ton of product in the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by xxlipjunkiexx

I love this product! It is extremely moisturizing and I love the hot pink color! I have had an adverse reaction to Chanel Rouge Coco Shine, but this works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by chanimale

I am really really pleased with this lip balm. It gives me a nice flushed, healthy color. It's moisturizing as well. It lasts almost the whole day, even after I eat and drink. The great thing about it is that it's not sticky, not shiny, and not greasy, because it's balm. So it's gives me that natural look. Yes, it's expensive, but you don't need to put a lot because it's very moisturizing. I wear this everyday!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Wendijoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim after reading reviews here- my first Dior product, and I am really pleased with it, partly because it was the extra purchase I needed on a 20x points event at SDM. I'm not a pink lipstick lover, as any time I've ever tried it my teeth seem yellow, doesn't seem to work with my colouring, etc. This is great as I can apply without a mirror, delivers awesome moisture that lasts, provides a lovely flush of colour, and makes me feel a little glam when I apply because of the gorgeous packaging!! If I lost it I would cry but when it runs out I will repurchase even at 35 bucks CAN. ouch!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best lip balm I have ever bought. It is super moisturizing. It gives your lips the prettiest pop of sheer pink tint ever. It has SPF so protects from UVA rays. It lasts a long time on the lips. Application is super easy....no need for a mirror. The little pink iridescent tube it comes in is gorgeous.
I am very picky with lip balm, it can't smell bad, taste bad, feel sticky, dry out my lips, or fade quickly. This one passes all my tests!