April 16, 2014 | 948 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2006 9:30:00 PM More reviews by paula6989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I was finally over L'Oreal True Match powder foundation and my beloved MAC Blot Powder shattered into a million pieces (it was almost done anyways) so I decided to read through the reviews and try something new. I have normal skin and have been blessed with the fact I only get one or two pimples a year (if that), smooth skin and pretty small pores. SO I decided to try this. So far so good. The package is cute I guess, but I haven't used CG since the 7th grade or so, so I don't think I'll be busting the package out in public. J/K :) I used a large powder brush and dusted this on MAC Select Tint in NC20. (I bought this in Soft Honey.) It matched my skin perfectly. I then dusted CG Smoothers over and WOW! I ended up with a flawless finish. I'm pretty impressed. I'll have to update this review in the next week or so if anything changes! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by michellegorman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have pale, oily skin and this is my HG foundation. I have used this for years and still love it. I use Ivory (605). The color is almost a perfect match. It is a powder foundation that feels very creamy when you put it on. I put on my foundation first, then the rest of my makeup and then another coat of foundation as the first coat looks like it settles into my pores. After a few minutes, I have an almost flawless coverage. I don't care too much for the packaging or the half-moon shape of the product which makes it difficult to get all of the powder out, but the foundation itself is a great buy for only about $7.00 at Wal-Mart. Has medium coverage and a variety of colors to choose from.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2005 9:27:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this powder for about 2 years now and I would prolly die if they stopped selling it. My face is far too oily yet peely (ironic isnt it?) and my pores are way to big for foundation. If I apply ANY foundation, it gets caught in the peeling skin on my face and makes it so noticeable and i get dots where the foundation sinks in to my pores..so this stuff covers just as good as a foundation but as for helping with the oil, forget it. If the oil is left on the skin, the powder gets dark but if you blot at the first sign of oil, some of the time with blotter paper and some of the time with more powder, it seems to hold up. i blot every hour and my face holds up for about 6-8 hours b4 it starts looking caked up. I recommend this product to people who can't or choose not to wear foundation but want pretty good overall coverage. i have very red unever skin with huge pores and this helps to fake the appearance of a nice face although every hour i'm running for the blotter sheets.
Update: So I've finally found a foundation that works for me and my huge pores (revlon colorstay) so that paired with this product really works wonders and provides lots of coverage. I've been using this powder for probably like 4 years now! I tried applying this with brushes because lots of people have said it makes all the difference- but I always go back to the cheap little sponge- it's just a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2005 11:05:00 AM More reviews by CRYPTOCHANGEO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

FABULOUS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!! I use this as a powder over my foundation. It goes on smooth, not at all chalky. As for oil control, its o.k. but I still havent found anything better. Face it, if your face is as oily as mine, nothing will ever really make a huge difference, but this product will not make it look like a cakey oily mess like many do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2005 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product in "Tawny," and it's a decent powder foundation. I've found that it leaves my skin a bit drier than I'd like, but since my skin is usually fairly oily, this works out in the end. I can usually touch up my makeup with this product 2 times before it starts becoming too cakey-looking. This is a great portable foundation, though, for when I need some color coverage but my appearance doesn't have to be absolutely perfect--plus, it's good for those mornings when I have to rush.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MaggieRox

This is a really good powder foundation. I liked the way it looks on me and is great but it shattered easily. The bluw compact is super cute but I don't know about the holes. When is shattered, it went everywhere and i had to try to clean the stuff out of the carpet. Not a pretty sight. Probly not going to repurchase though because I just don't like it as much as I used to.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

i use it as a pressed powder. covers up ok, and controls oil superbly. however, like some pple, talc clogs my pores. at the end of the day, my skin looks lifeless and is a clogged-pore-galore. so i have made the switch to mineral makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2005 8:22:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie22

The cute silver compact is definately a plus. For me, the colors seem to be a little on the orange side. It has ok coverage and really does help oily faces. Throw the puff that comes with it away, no good. It lasts pretty long though, and you end up with a sheer colored tint that controls oil. Overall, ok product, I've seen better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I erally wanted to like it but unfortunately this one is not for me. I could not find an exact match. The color darkened on my skin & my face got oily & it looked really bad. It did not give a good coveregae either. For the price I was hoping it would be good. My search for the "perfect foundation" goes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2005 4:26:00 PM More reviews by katgirly74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm happy enough with this d/s product to stop looking for a high end powder foundation I like. It comes in a shade light enough for me (I'm a MAC NW 15/20 and am using Classic Ivory in this) & I can reapply to needed areas during the day without it becoming cakey like other brands do. I hate the cheap, light blue compact, but not enough to stop using the product.

http://www.covergirl.com/cgcollection/face/freshcomplex/fc_foundation.jhtml continued >>