August 28, 2014 | 893 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband and I had a little extra money this month so we decided to both spurlge on something fun. This was my item. I tried this in #20 and it is very nice but I have found things at the drugstore that are just as good if not better. It is very pigmented and you don't need very much. I apply this with a big fluffy brush and make sure that I tap most of it off or I get way too much. If you have been wanting to try this and don't want to spend this much, try Jane Oil-free bronzer in Sahara. It is the same color, only 4 bucks, and gives the same natural, non-muddy glow. This is nice and I'll use it up but in the future I'll stick with the Jane product and use the extra money to try other great makeup.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for N1 I'm not sure how this compares to #1 or if they are infact the same product so with that said..Unless you want a straight up orange face,you really need to use a skunk or fan brush with this.When used lightly it gives believeable color.Was expecting more wow factor though from Guerlain.Just wasn't completely impressed not to mention there's an ingredient in this(don't know what as I don't have the list) that makes my face itch and burn..Elegant casing though as per the usual with Guerlain.You can safely pass this by..there are better bronzers out there

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2007 9:10:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim in 02 because I couldn't find Laura Mercier in Switzerland. It is a bit too dark for a pasty girl like me to just throw on, but if you get the technique it will do. If you are super white and just want a little "glow", tap your skunk or fan brush on a kleenex before putting this on. I will buy this again as most of my HG bronzers are LE or DC, but day-to-day application is too much drama.

I cannot stress enough that if you are pale, you need to blot your brush on a kleenex first, you only need a smidge of product. For me this is too complicated and so this has gone to a BFFs makeup case. However, if I was NC25-NC30 I would use this over and over again without question.

Update April 2012: Now that they have reformulated the colors, the 01 (not to be confused with 01 blondes) is a perfect match for me. I LOVE the texture and the ease of use- it is the first bronzer I can use a regular bronzer brush on without blotting or tapping, I just swipe and go. If you swore off Guerlain a few years ago because you were pale and felt like an oompa loompa, run do not walk to 01.

I still don't like the packaging which I find cheap for such a HE brand, especially compared to the 4 Seasons packaging which is much more in keeping with the line. If they could put the regular terracotta in the 4 Seasons packaging, this would be the perfect product for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2007 7:48:00 PM More reviews by koroios

Is it just me or do cosmetics companies keep "just missing the mark" on bronzers? I keep trying bronzers and I keep getting disappointed. The last bronzer I remember loving was by Calvin Klein years ago (golden brown, perfect shimmer, no orange, loads of compliments on my glowy tan-sigh). Obviously it was discontinued, but I haven't found THE replacement for it. This bronzer is a good quality softly shimmering powder bronzer with no scary glitter pieces but it just goes on slightly orange. I have medium golden skin (lots of yellow undertones) and this just didn't do it for me. I use it every other day willing myself to like it for the price I paid, but I am strongly tempted to give those drugstore bronzers a spin. If you must indulge in this and you are fortunate enough to not get an orange hue from this, use a soft brush to apply sheer layers until you get the depth of color you like. I have #3, maybe I will give #2 a try if it is available.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

ORANGE PERIOD.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by maro79

All time favorite bronzer, I use colour number 20. Gives me a beautiful sunkissed natural glow , feels silky, all without the powdery look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ArySoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for just two weeks, yet I think it's really good. Shade 4 is perfect for a light to medium skin and it feels natural: no shimmer, no orangey effect, and skin never feels tight (mine is normal to dry). It's a product I'd definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

I just got this bronzer in # 3. I'm NC30-35 with black hair and brown eyes.
I LOVE IT!!!! I own CARGO bronzer in medium ( nice and shimmering but it makes me break out), LAGUNA from Nars (is ok, but for me it is plain brown), Too-Faced SNOW BUNNY (I like it, specially because of its highlighter shimmer properties and it is natural and light but not for a really bronzer) BUT GUERLAIN IS DIFFERENT, it is the best realistic bronzed look I've tried!!!
At first I thought i was too dark as it looked in the compact, I was afraid, but when I apply it I WAS IN LOVE! I felt sexy, hot and healthy.
It is not drying, it last long and it has very very little and fine shimmer. As a blush is awesome. A MUST HAVE for summer for me, but maybe for winter too, I'll up date.

EDIT: (Jun 22 07)

The more I use it, the more I love it!!!! 10 lippies.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by blanchedebeaulieu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very good bronzer--natural color that you can build to go from just lightly flushed to genuinely sun-kissed. Not too orangy or brown, either (I have olive skin and N# 1 suits me perfectly). The biggest plus of this product, though (at least to me since I prefer a natural, not dramatic or obvious look to my makeup), is its lack of annoying glitter or shimmer--unlike other bronzers I've tried, where all you can see when you put it on is bright glitter flecks all over your skin. And finally, it really lasts. I bought it almost two years ago and (after using it on almost an everyday basis) there is still a decent amount left, it is still performing well, and not breaking out my sensitive acne-prone skin.

P.S. I wore it today and my husband said--wow, you look really pretty, so rosy and sun-kissed (thanks Guerlain...)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Great bronzer! I don't usually have the best of luck with bronzers, as I find that with time, no matter how sparingly I use the stuff, I look orangey, and you can tell the difference between my face and neck. But on a good skin day, wearing nothing else but a nice moisturizer and Guerlain terracotta, I look healthy and radiant.