April 18, 2014 | 1890 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by ArySoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for just two weeks, yet I think it's really good. Shade 4 is perfect for a light to medium skin and it feels natural: no shimmer, no orangey effect, and skin never feels tight (mine is normal to dry). It's a product I'd definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

I just got this bronzer in # 3. I'm NC30-35 with black hair and brown eyes.
I LOVE IT!!!! I own CARGO bronzer in medium ( nice and shimmering but it makes me break out), LAGUNA from Nars (is ok, but for me it is plain brown), Too-Faced SNOW BUNNY (I like it, specially because of its highlighter shimmer properties and it is natural and light but not for a really bronzer) BUT GUERLAIN IS DIFFERENT, it is the best realistic bronzed look I've tried!!!
At first I thought i was too dark as it looked in the compact, I was afraid, but when I apply it I WAS IN LOVE! I felt sexy, hot and healthy.
It is not drying, it last long and it has very very little and fine shimmer. As a blush is awesome. A MUST HAVE for summer for me, but maybe for winter too, I'll up date.

EDIT: (Jun 22 07)

The more I use it, the more I love it!!!! 10 lippies.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by blanchedebeaulieu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very good bronzer--natural color that you can build to go from just lightly flushed to genuinely sun-kissed. Not too orangy or brown, either (I have olive skin and N# 1 suits me perfectly). The biggest plus of this product, though (at least to me since I prefer a natural, not dramatic or obvious look to my makeup), is its lack of annoying glitter or shimmer--unlike other bronzers I've tried, where all you can see when you put it on is bright glitter flecks all over your skin. And finally, it really lasts. I bought it almost two years ago and (after using it on almost an everyday basis) there is still a decent amount left, it is still performing well, and not breaking out my sensitive acne-prone skin.

P.S. I wore it today and my husband said--wow, you look really pretty, so rosy and sun-kissed (thanks Guerlain...)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Great bronzer! I don't usually have the best of luck with bronzers, as I find that with time, no matter how sparingly I use the stuff, I look orangey, and you can tell the difference between my face and neck. But on a good skin day, wearing nothing else but a nice moisturizer and Guerlain terracotta, I look healthy and radiant.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Hilarie86

Reminds me of something my grandma would wear. The smell is horible.. never understood the big thing around this product. Hate is.. only tried it once and gave it away. Booring matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 11:21:00 AM More reviews by superfaithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My sister gave me a free sample of this. It is in a tiny little paper compact the size of a quarter. I love it and have used it daily for the past three months and am still using the sample. I just today for the first time I could see the metal under the powder. I will be buying this product for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Sissi

First of all, let me state that I am not a sun worshipper, nor a worshipper of the sun bronzed look for that matter. I embrace my light skin with fierceness.
So why I tried this escapes me, I was in the search of something to warm up my complexion and give some healthy color. Orange is not a healthy color, neither is brown.
I got this in Nš1 and it is perfection. Easy to apply and it looks so natural I cannot help but laughing at the new sunkissed me. A keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2006 11:50:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first Bronzing powder, After that I tried many others like Revlon, Clinique, Clarins, Dior, Chanel, Lumene. I have dry/combination skin and I am always most dry on my cheek- area. I notice that other bronzers leave me patchy, they are too dry in consistency and wont stay on place long time and afer a while I have applied my makeup I would have some bronzer there and a white patch next to it because the bronzer has worn off. But not with Guerlain bronzer. This seems more moisturous in concistency. I bet there is some oil or silicone in it because it really stays on flawlessly and I never get those uneven patches with this. This is my Holy Grail. I wont go back to any other product. I am cool PPP I use 20 or 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by veransia

Not sure I am in the right category - this review is for the Terracotta Moisturizing Bronzer 02. Wow, this bronzer is a dream. I have only had it for a couple of days but it is SO nice to put on! I sweep my brush over it once and that's enough for my cheeks. I do another sweep for my nose, chin and temples. Blend well and I'm DONE. This powder will last me a long, long time. I'm a brunette with light skin and olive undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2006 1:44:00 AM More reviews by slaing11

This bronzer went on nice and evenly but did not look flattering on me at all. I had the color in No. 2 (No. 10 and 20 had not come out yet) and No. 1 was way too light, so the make up artist recommended I get No. 2. It looked great when I had a tan, but other than that it didn't work. A good bronzer but make sure you get the right shade. One thing that was terrible though is that the hinge on my compact broke, so since then it has been held together by a rubber band. I know this is a packaging defect because the same thing happened to BOTH of my sisters and two of my friends, all with the terracotta bronzer. All in all, if you are fair, go with something else, if you are medium or darker, this bronzer is awesome.