July 26, 2014 | 1581 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a couple of tubes of this and while I really like the colors the texture leaves something to be desired. The product will stay on for a very long time, if you have the will power not to pick at it or bite your lips. It gets so...dry feeling? I guess I'm just aware that if I bite at it it will peel right off so I can't help myself from doing so.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by newchick

I bought this product 2 days ago, and I really love it. It lasted over 12 hours, through breakfast, coffee break, lunch, dinner, and chicken wings at the end of the 12 hours took the product off. but it didn't budge for the whole work day. It would be an excellent product if you find your lipstick wears off after 2 hours normally (which is what I find). I liked the superb sangria colour - gonna go buy top tomato later today. Paid 11.50 for it on sale (from $15.50 from shoppers drug)... when you first put it on, it stays sticky for the first few hours. Apply carefully because once it dries, it really doesn't come off. My only complaint is that it tends to ball up in colour blobs towards the end of the day... and if you aren't careful when you first put it on, it sticks to your teeth (and doesn't come off easily)
***
update: after about a week of using this product, i have to say that the texture is not good. It doesn't ever fully dry and set, it stays about as sticky as a post it note all day long. And the worst thing is that it rubs off on your teeth, and stays gummy on your teeth all day, (or until you see yourself in a mirror, and realize it's been like that for the last 2 hours... :-(
I have to change my review to "no, will not repurchase".

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I like simplicity- I prefer products that involve as few steps as possible, with as little packaging as possible. I don't like carrying around alot of stuff and it's also bad for the environment when it's time to throw it away!
so I was excited when I saw this-- I thought "no gloss to add on? I can ignore it for hours? just one tube to carry around? great!"
not great at all. it is like any other long lasting paint-on lip colors before you add the gloss. it dried like paint on my lips and I really wanted to put a balm on afterwards, which is entierly missing the point of this so-called "one step" lip color.

I will not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Sarita

I bought this last night in Top Tomato. I've been eying this for months now but I waited until I was able to visit the Revlon Closeout store because I didn't want to pay full price. It is beautiful -- a medium/deep neutral red with slighty cool red sparkles. It looked rich and saturated on my hand. Decided to splurge and bought it for $5.49 (one of the more expensive items at the Revlon Store). I tore it open this morning and applied. OMG! At first I thought, "This is really pretty. Sheerer than I anticipated, but a red d/s gloss I'd recommend to the boards." It was sticky like most of the two step 8-hour glosses but I though it would set in a minute. Well, eventually it dried, and dried and dried and dried. It dried to a very matte painful finish. Streaky on top of everything and, to add insult to injury, the shimmer was non-existent. If I looked at my lips upclose, I could see one or two sparkles. I can't remember if this is supposed to be matte. That I could deal with, but I was expecting sparkling red lips like Dorothy's ruby slippers. Instead, I got red, dried prune lips.

It didn't last long but at the same time, I couldn't get it off when I was eating. I'm not even sure that I will try any kind of top coat or gloss with it. It's not worth the effort. Too bad because it looks great in the ads and great in the tube and even great on my hand. It's just unwearable.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping this would be better than Revlon's Overtime lip colors, maybe a little more like a real gloss. Sad, it sucks just like Overtime did. Perfect Peony and Prized Peach were SO pretty and I chose Perfect Peony since I love pinks.

The container is compact and sturdy with a clear view of the color inside as well as a label on the clear bottom telling you the name, the doe-foot applicator isn't bad, either.

The "Lipcolor" is thin like a lip gloss, but the texture on the lips is really light and super-drying. Much like Overtime, it's painfully drying on my lips and can't be saved by balm... but this is supposed to have the balm included! Bad sign, not delivering on it's biggest promise of being a one-step long-lasting color.

Lasting power is NOT long! It's very drying and starts to peel on it's own. Not comfortable, not very usable. And the color is mostly the shine without any base color and not attractive.

Recommend you pass. CG's Outlast is not only better, but cheaper, and it packaging that is also a good and portable size.

ETA: I let it set for a year (forgot about it, really) and swatched it on my hand again. It would NOT budge for 14 hours on my hand... NO cleaner I tried helped remove it. On the lips, it lasted but dried my lips out and accentuated all the wrinkles and lines in my lips. Ew.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Have to concur with Ouija,this stuff IS drying as all get out.I picked "Maximum Mocha" and while I was impressed with the shade I felt as though it was lacking something.It was-moisture! I'm only 37 but my lips looked as though I had been smoking 4 packs a day for 50 years.Not flattering.
The Colorstay lipsticks-the regular ones-are fabulous;I don't know as they LAST as long as the painted on version,but my lips stay supple.Come to think of it,the matte shades aren't as drying as the Ultimate...At any rate,if I'm going to go with a long wearing color I'll pick NYC or American Beauty (as a splurge.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ouija

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing Cover Girl Outlast and Max Factor Lipfinity since they launched about 50 years ago. Seriously...I've never worn any other lip product since. I love longwear lipcolor and luckily my lips handle them very well. My local CVS had a two-fer on Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick so I thought I'd give it a shot. I was intrigued by the fact that they were one-step (meaning no glossy topcoat), and matte. I bought the set that contained #80 and #90.

In a word...ugh. The colors are deeply pigmented and vibrant, but with a kind of metallic undertone which I don't really care for. The formulas seem a bit thin, and lack the creaminess of the CG and MF longwear lipcolors. One more minor quibble: the wands seem a bit longer than most and I found them harder to control. YMMV.

They are amazingly dry...they feel dry and look dry. My lips looked wrinkled and puckered and shrunken after about an hour. But I have to admit, the color lasted through cups of coffee and a full breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and toast. :-) And lasted the rest of the day with no problem.

I guess I could have slicked some gloss on top...but that's not what this lipcolor is billed as. Overall, ColorStay gives you great color that does stay...but after 15 minutes you wish it would go. It's uncomfortable and unflattering and aging. Revlon, read my dry lips: No thanks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i came to write a negative review for this product. it was awful on my lips. it's the end of the day and there's still color but my lips look wrinkled, not full and luscious like normal. i do LOVE the color. it's perfect but this lipstick feels whack. if i press my lips together it feels gummy as the day wore on i just felt like every drop of moisture was zapped from my lips. i got this as part of a 2 for $8 on all revlon products. the other product i bought was fabulash mascara which i adore. after reading other reviews i realize my expectations for this were off. i bought it on the basis of color alone. the color is beautiful. i have the bordeaux color. i wouldn't dream of reapplying anything over this but based on the other reviews i am going to give it another try tomorrow with a lipgloss over it to see if i get lasting color that doesn't feel so awful. if that doesn't work i'll return this. either way once this is out, i won't repurchase but i will look for a similar shade in mac which is typically the line of lip color i wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Raygirl007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

No way this is "all-in-one"! It is slightly less dry than the other 2 step lipcolors but without a topcoat is sticky and comes off on your teeth! Every time you talk or eat your lips stick. Yuck. I got this on a BOGO sale at Ulta and had a $5.00 off coupon too so am not out much, but L'Oreal "Infallible" is a million times better!. On the plus side, you get alot of color because there is no clear gloss taking up half the tube. (I plan to use it with a topcoat just like the others.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I have this in Superb Sangria and it's a gorgeous reddish-pink colour. When I used the wand to apply it on my lips, the colour was too dramatic (for my liking), matte, and too dry. What I've learned to do is to appply a few 'dots' on my lips with the wand, and then spread it out with my finger. This way I have more control of the colour and the application. It looks more like a stain. Then I apply a clear gloss or my HG lip balm MAC Suntints Spf 20 in Full of Grace on top, and the result is fabulous - long lasting colour with the perfect glossy/balmy texture which is very comfortable. This is how I maneuvered the dryness, parchness, and the wrinkled look caused by this lipstick. Will repurchase again as I love this colour. EDIT: Wouldn't repurchase because I'm too lazy to do this extra steop, so dropped it to 1 lippie because the product itself is not worth repurchasing.