October 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

I bought this in Premium Pink today because they were $4.99 at Rite Aid. I applied it in the car. When you first apply it, it's like a nice, shiny lip gloss. About 30 seconds later, it dries to a boring, flat matte finish. It never fully dried, and felt sticky several hours later. The color, however, was pretty. A vibrant hot pink, just like I was looking for.

Several hours later, I went to get in the shower. I applied extra soap to my lips and scrubbed at them to get the lipstick off. When I got out of the shower, it looked as fresh as if I had just applied it. So I broke out my makeup remover and attempted to scrub it off with that and a washcloth. That lipstick does. not. budge.

So overall, I hated it and I won't repurchase it because it feels so sticky and dries really flat. The two lippies I gave it are just because it does what it's supposed to do: put color on your lips and least freaking forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like this product for its long lasting power. The formulation is excellent, the pigmentation is really good so you can put it on a little thinner for a sheer look or more thickly or a really nice opaque finish. Goes on really smoothly. A few minutes after application, its "dried" but leaves feels feeling a bit sticky. Definately dries out lips but I find if i apply polysporin the at night after i have used it, my lips stay hydrated enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by budgetbeauty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely not what I was expecting from revlon colorstay. normally, i love or at least can tolerate colorstay products and i applaud revlon for their great quality. this, however, is one of their most disappointing products. i love regular soft and smooth colorstay lipsticks, esp in fabulous fig, so i was dying to try this. when you first put it on, it's nice and light and shinny like a gloss, but then it begins to dry down and becomes matte and flat and boring. worst of all, it never really dries and remains tacky and flaky and cracks and just doesn't look good on its own. i have tried to salvage by making sure my lips are really moisturized, putting on a very thin layer, and putting a nice sticky gloss over it (one of the VS ones). for now, this looks moderately acceptable, but i have a feeling the lipstick may start to crack under the gloss. too bad. there's definitely better out there. revlon should have included a gloss or topcoat with this for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Hellraisinette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very excited when I saw these at CVS for B1G1 free! Now I know why they're trying to get rid of them. They suck. I bought "Top Tomato" and "Iconic Iris". The Colors are great and go on nice and smooth. A few Minutes later however, they totally dried out my Lips and they they kind of stick together, it just feels so icky. I do think that the lighter Shades do look better than the darker ones, plus, the "Top Tomato" rubbed off on my Teeth! Will never buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by bubblyblonde8709

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! I have top tomato, perfect peony and stellar sunrise (a true coral)! It is opaque and lives up to the hype! For more info. refer to my review on this lipstick in TOP TOMATO!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will probably never use this product. I honestly don't know what to do with it. It leaves my lips in horrible condition. It's pretty pricey too. The only positive I see about this product is that they have pretty colors. I have perfect peony and in the tube it's so pretty. I tried to dab it on my lips to see if it would work like a stain but it looks horrible that way too! Man, I hate this product. I think I will return it but I doubt CVS will take it back without a receipt. Gross. Revlon is so hit or miss. Lately it's really been deflating my wallet and disappointing me.
Edit: Ew. I really don't know what else to say. I'd rather rub tar on my lips. minus one lippy for taking up space in my makeup drawer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a couple of tubes of this and while I really like the colors the texture leaves something to be desired. The product will stay on for a very long time, if you have the will power not to pick at it or bite your lips. It gets so...dry feeling? I guess I'm just aware that if I bite at it it will peel right off so I can't help myself from doing so.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by newchick

I bought this product 2 days ago, and I really love it. It lasted over 12 hours, through breakfast, coffee break, lunch, dinner, and chicken wings at the end of the 12 hours took the product off. but it didn't budge for the whole work day. It would be an excellent product if you find your lipstick wears off after 2 hours normally (which is what I find). I liked the superb sangria colour - gonna go buy top tomato later today. Paid 11.50 for it on sale (from $15.50 from shoppers drug)... when you first put it on, it stays sticky for the first few hours. Apply carefully because once it dries, it really doesn't come off. My only complaint is that it tends to ball up in colour blobs towards the end of the day... and if you aren't careful when you first put it on, it sticks to your teeth (and doesn't come off easily)
***
update: after about a week of using this product, i have to say that the texture is not good. It doesn't ever fully dry and set, it stays about as sticky as a post it note all day long. And the worst thing is that it rubs off on your teeth, and stays gummy on your teeth all day, (or until you see yourself in a mirror, and realize it's been like that for the last 2 hours... :-(
I have to change my review to "no, will not repurchase".

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I like simplicity- I prefer products that involve as few steps as possible, with as little packaging as possible. I don't like carrying around alot of stuff and it's also bad for the environment when it's time to throw it away!
so I was excited when I saw this-- I thought "no gloss to add on? I can ignore it for hours? just one tube to carry around? great!"
not great at all. it is like any other long lasting paint-on lip colors before you add the gloss. it dried like paint on my lips and I really wanted to put a balm on afterwards, which is entierly missing the point of this so-called "one step" lip color.

I will not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Sarita

I bought this last night in Top Tomato. I've been eying this for months now but I waited until I was able to visit the Revlon Closeout store because I didn't want to pay full price. It is beautiful -- a medium/deep neutral red with slighty cool red sparkles. It looked rich and saturated on my hand. Decided to splurge and bought it for $5.49 (one of the more expensive items at the Revlon Store). I tore it open this morning and applied. OMG! At first I thought, "This is really pretty. Sheerer than I anticipated, but a red d/s gloss I'd recommend to the boards." It was sticky like most of the two step 8-hour glosses but I though it would set in a minute. Well, eventually it dried, and dried and dried and dried. It dried to a very matte painful finish. Streaky on top of everything and, to add insult to injury, the shimmer was non-existent. If I looked at my lips upclose, I could see one or two sparkles. I can't remember if this is supposed to be matte. That I could deal with, but I was expecting sparkling red lips like Dorothy's ruby slippers. Instead, I got red, dried prune lips.

It didn't last long but at the same time, I couldn't get it off when I was eating. I'm not even sure that I will try any kind of top coat or gloss with it. It's not worth the effort. Too bad because it looks great in the ads and great in the tube and even great on my hand. It's just unwearable.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No