October 31, 2014 | 1022 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Such an awful moisturizer, it has a horrible very chemically strong fragrance and does absolutely nothing for my skin. It applies patchy and doesn't want to absorb into my skin and leaves the skin feeling even worse. awful awful awful

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MlleMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED!!!!

I was given a sample a few weeks ago of the face wash and really enjoyed it, so I was curious about trying some more products from the line. I bought a sample kit from Sephora in the beginning of the week with their "when hope is not enough< Hope in a jar and their facewash. First off the cream smells absolutely disgusting, and the "fumes" from the lotion were burning my eyes after applying it. I woke up the next day to the absolute worst reaction I have ever had from any skin care. A sore, itchy red rash all over my face. It looks like I have sever poison ivy, and its very upsetting and is causing me to take time off work because of how intense and off putting the rash is all over. It could possibly be the the retinol cream in the kit that caused the reaction, but I am not prepared to risk fooling around and subjection my face to looking like a monstrosity again.

Needless to say the intire kit is being return to Sephora once I look human again, and I am forever staying clear of Philosophy products!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Emilyisagiant

i love this moisturizer! it does have an unusual scent at first, but it disappears rather quickly. i use it twice a day and my skin is normally very dry, but this makes my skin feel wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by tanyagovea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I buy this item in travel size tube form, I feel its more hygienic. My skin is combo more towards oily and sometimes dont need a moisturizer but I keep this one around for dry patches usually above my lip, chin, and around nose and eyebrows. I like how it gives me a pinky glow. The smell could be nicer though. Overall a product I want to have around.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Missmolina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this and I was really excited to try it since I've heard so much about it. I also didn't want to purchase it because it is quite expensive. The smell was a shock. I thought maybe I got a bad batch until I read the reviews. It is nothing special. Not particularly moisturizing, just average. But the smell for me was unbearable and a definite deal breaker. Will not purchase

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow this stuff is unbelievable awful. I've tried many, many moisturisers over the years and while none of them have worked that well for me this one just takes the cake. It smells like cheap plastic, feels greasy and uncomfortable on my skin, and broke me out in a rash. i think I've had more luck slathering diprobase all over my face!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

First off, I like this product. I don't love it though. A little about my skin...I have combination skin big time (dry cheeks and flakey forehead, oil slick around my nose and chin), I am also very pale, my skin can be sensitive at times and is acne prone at times.

Now for the review..... the scent is strong at first. I don't like the smell BUT it does disappear within a couple minutes. It is a little thicker than my daily moisturizer. If my face is looking a lil flakier or drier I will use it otherwise in the daytime it won't work for me. It makes my face too shiny and greasy looking on a normal day. I have NOT noticed it breaking me out BUT I don't use it every day. I will use the jar I have and next winter, I probably will buy another. Either way, it works GREAT as a night moisturizer it just has some drawbacks as I mentioned. There are better moisturizers but this one isn't the worst by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by silverbelle282

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Indian, NC40-42, dark brown eyes and black hair for reference. I truly love this moisturizer. It keeps me hydrated all day, my skin feels so soft, and I really love the scent. Used it years ago when I received it as a gift, and then in true beauty addict fashion tried several other face creams for kicks. Have just started another jar of this, and was reminded of how much I love it. I will definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I was excited about this product since I love Philosophy. But it just didn't work for me at all. First of all, the biggest turn off for me is the scent. It's just... gross. I'm very sensitive for scents and I disliked this too much. Even when this product is applied in a small amount, I can smell it all day. Ick!

On another note I was using this during winter, when my skin was getting very dry. It failed to moisturise my skin. I had the small size of this product, so I could carry it in my pocket. (haha! All the things I carry on myself...) I kept applying it, but my skin remained dry none the less. So I guess this isn't a suitable product for dry skins, which is ironic since it's meant to moisturise.

I cannot say I recommend this. ><

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by l098899

I have to say something about this baby. I totally love it and its my most favorite moisturizer so far ( for the record I haven't tried la mer or any other extremely high end products). I use it twice a day and as long as I used it today nothing else in my skincare process matters. I am not exaggerating, I have normal to dry skin, this moisturizer is able to keep my face moisturizing whole day, not greasy or dry. Also, I can really notice that my skin tone is brighter than before not kidding, even my mom feels the same way. I am used to applying it all over my face including the eye area, and that usually irritates my eyes to tear a little, i know its weird but i kind of like that cause i tend to think that there are some medical effects in the products. As for the smell which a lot of people hate, I just found it the least important thing for a facial product cause it is not gonna last for more than 30 seconds after applying. The price is soooo fair, I always got the 8oz jar (which just went up to $115) on the 30% off code, and it could last for 4 months. In the night time, I always mix this with the philosophy c powder. Love it.