November 23, 2014 | 1153 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Jch3110

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got this as part of the Christmas skin care set which I found at less than half price in TK Maxx. I love the Philosophy brand, always wear the perfumes and have tried a few products before. I mainly bought the kit for the cleanser and exfoliating wash that I know I like, and because I wanted to try the eye cream that also came with it. To be honest I was expecting to give the Hope in a Jar cream away as I had tried it and hated it years and years ago.

Anyway, I tried it again and was amazed. Don't know if they have changed this or if it is differences in my skin. But I loved it! I remember that before it didn't skin into my skin very well, but now it just vanishes and leaves my skin feeling so soft and glowy. I have rosacea and it is so much better since using this. I'm so glad that I tried it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by erinlahti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrible. Smells terrible, broke me out in horrendous cystic acne that took me 2 months to get rid of, doesn't moisturize, and irritated my sensitive skin. Would never recommend to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Meh I had several samples of this and this came in my Happy Travels kit. After one use of the sample that I didn't even finish it. I threw it away. I couldn't stand the moisturizer seems so heavy and filled with cones (felt that way) and it smelled like plastic too. It seemed to be clogging my pores as well. It was just gross. Miracle Moisturizer is better and lighter.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Such an awful moisturizer, it has a horrible very chemically strong fragrance and does absolutely nothing for my skin. It applies patchy and doesn't want to absorb into my skin and leaves the skin feeling even worse. awful awful awful

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MlleMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED!!!!

I was given a sample a few weeks ago of the face wash and really enjoyed it, so I was curious about trying some more products from the line. I bought a sample kit from Sephora in the beginning of the week with their "when hope is not enough< Hope in a jar and their facewash. First off the cream smells absolutely disgusting, and the "fumes" from the lotion were burning my eyes after applying it. I woke up the next day to the absolute worst reaction I have ever had from any skin care. A sore, itchy red rash all over my face. It looks like I have sever poison ivy, and its very upsetting and is causing me to take time off work because of how intense and off putting the rash is all over. It could possibly be the the retinol cream in the kit that caused the reaction, but I am not prepared to risk fooling around and subjection my face to looking like a monstrosity again.

Needless to say the intire kit is being return to Sephora once I look human again, and I am forever staying clear of Philosophy products!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Emilyisagiant

i love this moisturizer! it does have an unusual scent at first, but it disappears rather quickly. i use it twice a day and my skin is normally very dry, but this makes my skin feel wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by tanyagovea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I buy this item in travel size tube form, I feel its more hygienic. My skin is combo more towards oily and sometimes dont need a moisturizer but I keep this one around for dry patches usually above my lip, chin, and around nose and eyebrows. I like how it gives me a pinky glow. The smell could be nicer though. Overall a product I want to have around.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Missmolina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this and I was really excited to try it since I've heard so much about it. I also didn't want to purchase it because it is quite expensive. The smell was a shock. I thought maybe I got a bad batch until I read the reviews. It is nothing special. Not particularly moisturizing, just average. But the smell for me was unbearable and a definite deal breaker. Will not purchase

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow this stuff is unbelievable awful. I've tried many, many moisturisers over the years and while none of them have worked that well for me this one just takes the cake. It smells like cheap plastic, feels greasy and uncomfortable on my skin, and broke me out in a rash. i think I've had more luck slathering diprobase all over my face!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

First off, I like this product. I don't love it though. A little about my skin...I have combination skin big time (dry cheeks and flakey forehead, oil slick around my nose and chin), I am also very pale, my skin can be sensitive at times and is acne prone at times.

Now for the review..... the scent is strong at first. I don't like the smell BUT it does disappear within a couple minutes. It is a little thicker than my daily moisturizer. If my face is looking a lil flakier or drier I will use it otherwise in the daytime it won't work for me. It makes my face too shiny and greasy looking on a normal day. I have NOT noticed it breaking me out BUT I don't use it every day. I will use the jar I have and next winter, I probably will buy another. Either way, it works GREAT as a night moisturizer it just has some drawbacks as I mentioned. There are better moisturizers but this one isn't the worst by far.