April 19, 2014 | 1753 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

I LOVE the scrub in this line and the 3-in1 hydration lotion but this cleanser is awful. It doesnt remove my makeup at all and leaves my skin feeling filmy and almost greasy as if I washed my face with mosturizer, not cleanser.

This migth wokr for veyr dry skin but def not for ym combo/oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very good product that cleanses well and helps prevent breakouts. I LOVE the cucumber scent (which lingers under my nails long after I wash my face). My only issue is that I can't use it every night because it burns a hole on this sensitive spot on my chin! I will continue using it because of the beautiful results but only every few days! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by kiwioui

Did not wash my makeup off completely despite putting quite a lot of cleanser on my face. The smell is not overpowering and it didn't leave my face feeling dried up afterwards. Blackheads are still there though: (

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by jandi

I am not a big fan of this cleanser. It is too creamy for my taste and hard to rinse off, and most importantly, does not remove my make up (I can still get tons of makeup when I apply toner later on). It seems to not be over drying my skin, but does not do much of a cleansing job.

Edit: Even less happy with it. Does not do much cleaning wise, and I'm noticing that I have cleanser residue as well. My face is really angry, with plenty painful red zits, and I think this is the culprit. Should have payed closer attention to the ingredients. The blue dye is the second one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by JLB2005

I bought this for my husband who tends to get pimply ingrown hairs and picks. I figured that the sal acid would at least help prevent his picking from turning into full blown zits. He should know better. Anyway, his skin does look better, but he's not commented.

HOWEVER, I started using this earlier this summer when it got humid and my combo skin started to get shiny. I am mid-40s, do NOT HAVE ACNE, but I do get the odd pimple. Still, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with this product as a solid cleanser. I cleans off all my makeup and mascara very easily, I like the menthol tingle, my skin is much clearer and maybe a little less oily, and it is not drying at all. I also like to use a teeny bit to wash in the morning (but it's not really necessary for me). I was frankly stunned at how much I like this face wash, but I am definitely not in the target user group. And yes, I have purchased this a couple times and will likely continue.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This smelled good, but did not take off all of my makeup. It also tingles due to the menthol in it, which I did not notice in the ingredients list or else I would not have bought this, because it irritates my skin very much. I'm left with a red, tingling face, with dry flaky skin. Did not help my breakouts. Going to have to return this, and am going back to my Olay Total Effects, which has 2% BHA, but no irritating menthol.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by drugstoregeek

When I saw this, I was totally in love. The packaging, the feel of the cream inside as I held the bottle, and the smell was all so great! And then i tried it and it felt amazing! It had this tingling feeling and smelled good and you could feel it working.

And then...it cleared up all my acne i already had. The tingling started going away because my skin got used to it and then all of a sudden I was getting all this acne ALL over my cheek - i usually don't get acne there.

So I had to let it go. Hmph.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

I initially LOVED THIS. It helped my pimples heal, BUT, i got these little small bumps. They are tiny, not actual pimples, but they are there. I think i'm just sensitive to something that is in it (which is weird because i dont have sensitive skin)

I do recommend this, but you'll have to try to see if you get those little bumps.

edit, October 6, 2009

LOL, I know why i got those bumps now. it was the 3 in 1 lotion thing thats also in this line. this stuff is amazing.. BUT it does not remove makeup. It is more of an acne treatment... What i do, is i use the fresh foaming cleanser to clean the makeup off, then use this to finish off whatever gunk is left on my skin. Sometimes, i steam my face to open my pores, and the apply this as a treatment/mask thing.

My acne is gone.. except for some cystic stuff, but my period came a few days after that, so i blame that on horomones and PMS. xD

Edit: Nov. 30 2009

This stuff works. Its not meant to be a cleanser, and will not remove your makeup. I just realized that a few days ago. haha ^^ Use it like you would a masque. Thats how i use it. Like, just leave it on, until it sorta sinks in/dries, and then wash it off. It'll leave sort of a film, but it makes my skin feel soft. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by ASHMO420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a fan of this product. I struggle with STUBBORN acne on a daily basis and have jumped from product to product in an attempt to tame my angry pimples. In my search I decided to try the Stress Control line and was disappointed.

My main gripe is the fact that the cream wash does NOT remove all of the make-up/dirt on my face. When I would get out of the shower and tone my face I would find leftover makeup on my cotton pad. That's a dealbreaker for me. The product can be slightly drying as well if you don't moisturize religiously. As for my acne...it hasn't done much to combat my breakouts. I find that the product does work better if I cleanse my face with a gentle cleanser BEFORE I use the Neutrogena, but for me that defeats the purpose of the cleanser (not to mention the fact that it really drys out my face).

If you only have occasional breakouts this might work well for you, but for all of us that struggle with pimples daily- there are much better products out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this face wash! I've had some really stubborn acne on my upper lip from sweating this summer, and this has taken care of it like a charm. I've been using it every day, twice a day for a week and my breakout is almost completely cleared up!

I love the texture of this stuff, too. I have combo skin so my skin can get flaky and peely with the really harsh anti-acne gel cleansers, but the smooth, tingly cream formula is great. I will definitely be repurchasing.