Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 12/5/2011 9:15:00 PM

Yes this is a winner! This satisfies my desire to have that 'Jessica Rabbit' look once in a while :). A very wearable true red. Great dupe fof a certain HE lippie!

on 11/26/2011 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have some weird addiction to red lipstick but of all the ones I've come across I think this is definitely my favorite shade. I freakin' love this stuff. And I'm pretty much convinced that it's one of those shades that will look good on anyone no matter their complexion. I love the texture as well but I'm also fond of a matte finish so that could just be me. If you're looking into buying a red lipstick I'd suggest this right here for sure.

on 11/25/2011 11:18:00 AM

Beautiful red.

I'm Asian with medium skin and slightly yellow undertones and not-so-perfectly-white teeth so I'm wary of full red lipsticks that will bring out the imperfections, but Really Red is really awesome red. I find that the colour is brilliantly intense and possibly a true red that is neither too cool nor too warm. It also balances out the yellowness in my skin and gives it a more rosy look.The colour is very striking, so it'll probably be more suited to special occasions or nights out, although I do wear it to school if I feel like it.

I didn't buy a lip liner to go with it, but it worked fine without the liner. It doesn't feather, and with some practice it is actually possible to use the sharper end of the lipstick to define the edges first.

For this lipstick to really work, it's a MUST to exfoliate. If I don't, the dry bits of skin on my lips become more obvious because this matte lipstick is so drying! The colour will gather around the dry skin, forming blotchy patches of 'red skin'. Once you exfoliate + moisturize, though, the colour can last well the whole day.

This is the first red lipstick I've tried so I cannot compare it with other brands, but for now I'm satisfied with the lipstick and will repurchase unless I hear of a better alternative.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I absolutly love this. I've gone through three tubes in the past couple months! It stays, and it looks incredible on so many different skin tones.

on 11/8/2011 3:44:00 AM

I love this color and it truly lasts. I put it on my previously moisturized lips and blotted , then reapplied and blotted with one ply of toilet paper and dusted over the paper with MAC's Prep&Prime transparent finishing powder.(any face powder will do for this) and then set out for the night....it felt slightly drying....but comfortable ....even felt like I had nothing on my lips. I had two gin&tonics and was out and about for around six hours....without checking my make-up. I felt like my inner lip had no color left on it....but when I looked at myself finally...the color had not budged one bit! Amazing! I love it and would love to get the other colors in their line!

on 11/4/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought Two Revlon lipsticks: this one, and Nude Attitude.

It went on smooth but it collected like mad in the lines of my lips. It's a very bold color and not everyone can pull it off, but I liked it.

I didn't like the taste or texture, though, so I returned it today. Wouldn't recommend.

on 10/31/2011 12:32:00 PM

The hunt for the perfect red is over...love love love it. I get compliments from people when I wear it ("that is the perfect red!") It's cheap too. Staying power is great. The only thing I do wish is that it is more moisturizing on my lips.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other

I LOVE this lipstick. It's literally my staple piece of makeup. Vibrant and bold but classic. When I decided I needed a matte red lipstick to live in I initially went to MAC for their Ruby Woo but found it much too dry. Eventually stumbled upon this thank goodness because it is perfection. Matte but not dry.

on 10/23/2011 8:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this color but it just didn't suit me. With my black hair and pale skin I looked like a vampire

The jury is out as to whether this is being discontinued or not. I've seen it missing in some displays (no slot at all in the lineup). However, my Rite Aid recently redid their whole Revlon display and the slot is back.

I'm an Asian nc35 and I love this lipstick. I can't really add much to the reviews, but I can add a suggestion:

If you are having trouble finding it, try looking for stores with the older Revlon displays. they will usually still have the slot for the lipstick, and probably still have it in stock.

Popular Lipsticks