July 31, 2014 | 1190 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by adrithebandit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think this is a very nice light weight foundation. Definitely has a matte finish, but the staying power isn't that great compared to my favorite foundation ever.. maybelline pure stay. This foundation in a way seems like a tinted moisturizer kinda. I could only use this foundation if I didn't have any breakouts because it wouldn't cover them up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

My very FAVORITE. I ran out and panicked. Had to get more asap. Matches my skin to a T. Can't even tell where it begins. Leaves it feeling dewy. Skin never feels dry. Lasts ALL day. I even wear this when I go hiking and it stays put and doesn't melt or sweat off. Even through am 8 mile hike. Prevents sunburn too. Looks the same from morning to night. Great coverage. Doesn't break me out whatsoever. My skin feels like it can breathe rather than like I'm wearing a mask. Looks very naturaI. Absolutely love this foundation. Plus I really like the packaging. It's thin and fits in my makeup bag without taking too much space. Love the purple tube. Because of the way it's shaped and packaged, it's easy to get out every last drop. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I will buy over and over again. I use #300 Sand.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by starpantgirl

It's been a long time since I've tried a drugstore brand foundation especially since my experience with them hasn't always been so grand. But I'm trying really hard to make some cutbacks. I was quite surprised that it did last all day with primer and when there isn't as much oil when I blot myself during my lunch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Mel29

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was attracted to the idea of this product. An inexpensive drugstore foundation with the promise of a matte finish and oil-free, non-comedogenic formula. I bought this at Wal-Mart as part of a double pack (foundation and primer) for about $8. I am quite faithfull to my NARS oil-free foundaiton in Fiji, which provides medium coverage and is a good colour match. However i do like to experiment with foundations. My skin is very oily and prone to breakouts. The Rimmel foundation applied wonderfully and felt light on the skin. I must say this does not provide as much coverage as NARS, but when I applied and extra layer with a fdn brush, I get the coverage I need. The finish on its own isn't really matte, it's a more natural finish. Nonetheless it was remedied with a dusting of translucent powder. Lasting power is good...8 hrs later its still going strong. I'm quite impressed with this drugstore foundation! The shade 200 (soft beige) is a nice medium neutral. I will continue wearing this and hopefully it doesn't break me out in the long run!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by NuttyPoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I wouldn't call myself a foundation fiend but I have tried a few. I'm going to stick with liquid because powder always ends up cake-y on me.
Out of all the liquid foundations I've used (Annabelle's Skintrue, Clarins True Radiance, and Shiseido's Lifting Foundation), I found Rimmel's to be my #1. I still have a lot of drugstore foundations to try and high end but... this one came with a bonus full size foundation primer and for only $8!
I haven't had any break outs while wearing this but neither has any of my acne gone away with it on. It does contain salicyclic acid but hasn't dried out my normal to combination skin. I like the fact that it is Paraben free versus Rimmel's Lasting Finish foundation that does. I think it goes on matte. There is no orange-y or pink undertone to it and it matches my skin well. I use a wet cosmetic sponge to apply it on for a more natural softer look. The coverage is fine, light with the sponge or heavy with a brush. I like it, I'd keep buying it if I didn't already have a back up ;)
** Btw, there are a lot of mixed reviews on this and for $8 or under, it's worth the try (I think).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by sunlovin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a good matte foundation to replace the Revlon Colorstay Mineral, which matches my skin perfectly but doesn't last AND makes me break out.

This one had some glowing reviews, so I tried it. BIG MISTAKE! For me, there is nothing to like about this foundation except the price. Very runny, color is splotchy, doesn't finish matte at all. Not only will I never buy it again, I plan to return it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I don't usually use foundation very much so I don't want to spend a ton of money on high end foundations. I'll probably get a chance to use them a handful of times before they go bad and i have to toss them out. I was looking for something that had light to medium coverage. I don't have major skin problems so i just use foundation to even out my skin tone or for a flawless complexion on special nights out. This foundation is pretty runny. it provides light coverage but blends out very nicely. I set this with my MAC MSFN and it seems to last well through the night. I don't find it rubs off easily onto phones, clothes etc. I also don't have super oily skin, but i don't find it keeps my skin matte very well either. Hasn't broke me out which is always a plus, but then again, I've only used this once. All in all, it's an ok foundation. For $9CDN. I can't complain :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by twodrinkminimum

I don't normally write reviews but felt compelled to for some reason. I grabbed this in a hurry because I left my makeup bag at home and needed something to put on my face after the gym. I have fairly dry skin, don't generally gravitate toward matte products, and have never used Rimmel foundation before so I have no idea what prompted me to pick this up, but I really like it. It's not heavy, but the Soft Beige (200) color matches my NW25 skin perfectly, evened out my skin tone, and kept me shine free during classes, errands, and a very-much-extended happy hour. Didn't budge, but washed off fine.

Totally a chance find, but it's a keeper for me. For $5 it's a steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by livandluv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EDIT: Ive been trying out a few high end products lately and i have to say the only better difference Ive seen with those is the easy ability to apply. This is the hardest thing just about EVER for me to apply, if its not done perfectly it patched us really strangely. But, I have ben able to reach that point twice, and it was the prettiest finish I think Ive ever come to find and stayed on all day. JUst BEAUTIFUL....but its almost impossible to apply. No breakouts at all or adverse reaction

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by finz2left

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised by the negative reviews, and glad I didn't read them or I may have missed this gem! I ran out of my normal LM foundation, and grabbed this as a quick filler. It is light coverage, but applied with a damp sponge, has a beautiful, natural texture. And, I think it's quite build-able! It does stay matte, and with my HD powder from coastal scents, my skin looks naturally flawless. With Mayb. Dream Mousse Powder, I look polished. But, my favorite look -- oddly enough, is with my EM Sunkissed Fair Mineral foundation lightly dusted on top. I know it may seem like overkill, but I look glowing and radiant with the combo, and it stays all day and into night!

I'm keeping this in my arsenal!