October 24, 2014 | 1004 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Kabuki Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by denisajdc

I got this brush with the starter kit as well and I am not really fond of the roughness...it feels terrible on my skin. It sheds so much while I'm using it and even when I'm washing it. The handle came off of the metal after only a few months of using it. I do like the bare minerals make up, but this brush...has go to go! I am really only keeping it because I feel bad throwing it away after spending $$$ on it, but I will definitely not use it or buy anymore. Try the Sonia Kashuk synthetic blusher brush, (I love this brush for everything!!) I tried it with the bare minerals makeup and it worked fantastic!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by bren81

Hate this brush. I actually don't like BE products. I got the beginner's kit or whatever when all the mineral make up frenzie started (yes I had to try it after watching that promotional video...) and the brush was included. I feel sorry for the model in the video because when I first tried the make up, it was like sandpapering my face with this brush. And after about a week of using the BE products, I started to break out. Had to throw out the whole thing except the mineral veil. Big waste of money

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Ciaccona

So I know everyone says this brush is really hard on the skin. Well I thought so too, but keep reading the review... I bought this with the kit. When I first used it, I was amazed at how soft it was. After I cleaned it, it became really hard and I hated it and saw that everyone else hated it. But one day when I was cleaning my brushes, I realized how much gunk and make up residue I wasn't washing out of my brush as I closely inspected it. I used the bare minerals conditioner and shampoo gel to clean the brushes. I did it about 5 times to one brush because it was SO dirty. There was so much in the middle. It was annoying to clean and I kind of hate that it took so much effort and so much of the gel. HOWEVER! after it dried, I used it the next day and it was super soft again! I never though it'd be so soft again, but now all my brushes are soft. I think it just needed a good deep conditioning. I'm glad it worked out because I don't like to throw away such expensive products...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this brush. It's great for applying an overall powder on my face, maybe bronzer, but BE markets this as providing full coverage with their mineral makeup, and I don't really think I was ever able to accomplish that with this brush. I have more success using my $3 ELF flat top brush. It's definitely not as soft as other kabuki brushes. I would not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

Oh, the mistakes of the makeup newbie. This was one of the first higher end brushes I ever bought, back when the BE craze was fresh and new. I got it home and, oh god, the pain. It felt like rubbing my face with a thousand tiny tooth picks. Just plain bad. As a brush, it works decent enough, nothing special. However, it is triple the price of a drugstore brush that would work just as well and probably feel a whole lot better on the skin. I think I'll try putting conditioner on it and maybe it will make it softer. Regardless, just stay away from this one and get something better for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by jamielee983

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have found that this is my HG powder brush. I use it with all things powder (minues blush, bronzer, and shadow). I can't remember what I paid for it, because I got it in the BE starter kit. Whatever I did pay for it, if I lost this one, I would pay ANYTHING to get a new one :)
I must agree with some MUA users in the fact that it does shed when I use it, but the coverage that I get from it and how compact the little thing is, is amazing. I HATE BE makeup, (sorry!) and I have found that with all of my facial powders this brush does the best job of taking powder from compact to face. I buff, swirl, blend, swoosh, poof, glob, tap or whatever else word you want to use, with this. Love it Love it Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by lpfun

If you want a cakey looking makeup applied with a brush that irritates the skin and sheds excessively then this is the product for you. There are much higher quality, softer and longer lasting brushes out there. So if you got this with the kit give it away or keep it in the back of your makeup drawer for emergencies. And don't even think about wasting your money on this brush alone...no matter how much they try and tell you it is necessary for applying BE.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by justanotherbagandshoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the previous reviewer. This brush always made me itch. I couldn't focus on the application of the minerals, because I was too occupied with how itchy and red my face got. This brush is not soft, and I would rather use a $1 brush from elf than this one. Opt for another brand ladies and save your money!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by facadeindreams

Got this as part of my BE starter kit and hated this brush. It always left my face red after applying because the bristles are so rough and hard. It never stopped shedding and I don't think I ever got the coverage I wanted. This and the flawless face brush was the reason I stopped using mineral makeup because I thought I was doing something wrong. Turns out that there are much better brushes out there! So don't waste your time with this brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush just isn't soft at all and is very scratchy on the skin, only after I used a deep conditioner on it that it was finally usable it is definitely not something I would go out and buy.

I definitely prefer MAC's soft kabuki brushes over this scratch one