July 30, 2014 | 1165 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by bstorm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. Great HG pale pink shade. Looks a lot like OPI Bubble Bath, but I like this slightly more. They are both beautiful though! This lasts about a week on my fingers before chipping. Looks so shiny and beautiful with three coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by speedracer280

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this after researching various Essie french manicure suggestions. I wanted it to look very natural (american manicure). This color is so sheer that to me, it really serves to take some of the white out of the tips. It seemed to match my nail bed color so I can't say that i notice it much. I only used one coat, two might make a more noticeable difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by mrsamr12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did 2 coats of this with OPI start to finish top coat and I love it! it has just a tiny hint of pink, and looks like a very high shine natural nail.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by nadinejolie

My all-time favorite nail polish color - a classic french nude that looks excellent on any hand complexion and a must for any nail polish collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by becstar216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first ever essie, and it sure got me hooked! I got it from a salon who use it (with Moonstruck) for their french polishes. I love just using it on its own though, it has a very natural, healthy looking nail colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another perfect french-nude-pink from Essie. A staple in my collection. Looks great on any skin tone. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Mystyre

I bought this nail polish based on reviews that said it makes your nails look polished and naturally healthy. And it absolutely does! This is my first Essie nail polish and I'm quite pleased with it. I found that if applies easily (no streaking for me), dries to a glossy finish and lasts just short of 7 days for me; keep in mind I wash dishes, clean, etc. all the time. My only real complaint with it is that it seemed to take a long time to dry compared to my drugstore polishes. I highly recommend this for a natural, sheer look.
EDIT: I just found out that this product still contains formaldehyde, which I don't want in my nail polish. I will not repurchase this product or any other Essie product due to this toxicity. Surprisingly, OPI nail polishes are "healthier" than Essie (according to cosmeticsdatabase), so I'll look there for a sheer pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Mademoiselle is very nice if you are looking for a sheer polish with out shimmer or glitter. This polish gives my nails a lovely clean look. I use two coats for a nice shiney look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by binkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're expecting a good color payoff, you'll be disappointed. This is clear-but-better. It's extremely sheer, but with a wonderful formula that doesn't streak (you have to try really hard to get noticeable streaking) and in a color that doesn't say much on its own, but makes your nails look brighter and healthier by smoothing out blemishes and evening out skin tone.

For French or American manicures, this is THE sheer to use. I couple this with Marshmallow tips and it makes my nails look 100x healthier-- they almost glow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the classic sheer light pink nail that makes your nails look shiny, finished, classic and clean. Like glass but nicer. It doesn't shade to the yellow which is nice if you've been playing with colour too much and gotten stained.

Even if you have warm toned skin and think a beige might be better in a sheer think again. Beige sheers tend to look yellowish, while this simply looks glossy, clean and sheer with a slight pink cast to it.

It wears like cast iron, and won't show chips. It doesn't need an undercoat, it won't yellow the nail, and even if you struggle with ridges or other nail imperfections it goes on like a jelly, transparent and lovely making your nails look like they were born perfect.

And quite important for a sheer, it DOES NOT STREAK! Most of the reviews for other sheers by Essie mentioned in magazines such as first wife, ballet slippers etc do mention some streaking. OPI sheers are very prone to streaking. Mademoiselle doesn't streak. Period!

It is foundation for nails, the ultimate classic. it's the quick zap onto bare nails before heading out the door. It's the one you pack knowing it will take you anywhere.

I'd never be without it.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No