April 20, 2014 | 1982 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 7:55:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

Used to be a HG of mine, for the gloss and colour, especially the Strawberry and Raspberry like many other reviewers, but it just doesn't compensate for the fact that it doesn't make the dryness go away, and ends up leaving my lips as chapped as before I put it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

I have this in RASPBERRY and STRAWBERRY in which the former is definitely my ultimate favourite. For 8 US dollars, you really cannot go wrong with this stuff. The colour play off on these are truly amazing and honestly I love the smell of the Raspberry flavour, I find it less pungent compared to Strawberry. Moisturizing my lips was just okay, and this is why I docked this item down one lippie, is that even though this lip balm is great in everyway, it doesn't have any real moisturizing effect (unlike the MAC Tendertones). Would love to buy again since these are great to travel with because of the colour play off and glossy look it's like a lip balm gloss in one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2008 5:11:00 AM More reviews by CandyApple85

I have two of these, one watermelon scented and one passionberry, which i bought on a two for 5 deal. on the whole im not exactly impressed with them and certainly won't repurchase. the pots are cute and the scents are really nice and fruity, but as a lip balm - i don't feel they do anything to soften my lips in the long term. the texture is kind of gloopy and sticky, so much so that i have to wash my hands after applying this stuff. it feels quite velvety and nice on my lips but dries out so quickly. after about an hour, my lips feel pretty dry again. i've found with a lot of body shop products, the scents are amazing, but the actual practicality is not that great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really dislike these. I've tried four flavors in the past, and they all had the same nauseating hint of fake fruit to them.
They sit slick on the lips, heavy and greasy and don't even provide any moisture.
I must be allergic to them - whenever I use them after a while my throat gets all irritated and feels like it's burning - not cool.
This has happened with some bonne belle products too.
Either way, they always disappoint me, even though I keep wanting them to work for me.
Will NOT repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sllywhckyctie101

i grabbed this on a whim and it happened to be watermelon. oh hell no the body shop is so sh*tting me lol! it didnt moisturize at all and was nastyazz waxy and tasted f*ckless lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by stl

According to the packaging it's a lip balm, but I'd have to agree with other reviewers because it simply doesn't moisturize my lips at all. I prefer Vaseline for this, but Born Lippy has nice smell and not too glossy (I normally hate lip gloss), so I use this as a moderate looking lip gloss. I wonder if guys like kissing Born Lippy flavoured lips? hehe

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2008 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Tinxabelle

Love the smells, hate the fact that it doesnt moisturise. At all.
It also doesnt last long, which is annoying because I swear, I have an obsession with having lip balms/glosses on.
Wouldnt repurchase. I'll stick with my simple nivea lip balms.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

I receive a few of these as part of the Body Shop pre-packed Christmas Gift. I have flavours like passion fruit, mint, some form of mandarin orange... Apart from the sweet fragrance, it is not effective to keep my lips moist (only oily) or helps in healing. Quite scary too the strong scent

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2008 6:23:00 AM More reviews by MissTash

I really love the smell of this lip balm (strawberry) but it doesn't moisturise my lips at all. In fact the texture goes all weird after it's been on my lips for about 15 minutes and I usually wipe it off... I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by JMIC

This was a pretty good lip gloss that looked natural, but it didn't do much for moisturizing. I like the smell (mango) but would rather have a moisturizing balm and then a different lip gloss with a bit more colour.