July 28, 2014 | 1987 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

These come in heavenly scents. I have the Exotic Passionfruit. The texture is not too sticky so it goes on nice and smooth. This formula is definitely moisturizing. Drawback: you have to dip your fingers in the jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by daniellex

I got three of these in a trio for christmas last year: satsuma shimmer, watermelon, and strawberry. Overall I liked them as lip glosses, but not as lip balms. They don't moisturize at all. What I do like is the amount of shine they give, and the slight tint to them. I don't like lip glosses that have a lot of shine, and these don't have that much. Just enough to highlight my lips, but not overexpose them. I didn't like the satsuma shimmer though. It tasted horrible and burned my throat, and the amount of shimmer is ridiculous. It also looks very orange on my lips, which I don't like, so I tossed that one. The other two I love, especially strawberry. It tastes great and has a slight red tint to it and is just a really nice color. I really do think they should be advertised as lip glosses though, not lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I viewed this product as a lip gloss, so I'm loving it. I usually carry a separate chapstick with me and apply this lip balm on top. It's not sticky, just smooth and perfectly glossy. Everyone seems to be pissed that this doesn't heal chapped lips. Since I don't rely on this (I use vaseline) for dry lips, I'm completely satisfied with the product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by SophH

This lipbalm smells great and has a nice tint for your lips but it doesn't moisturise very well. For the price it's not worth buying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 7:55:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

Used to be a HG of mine, for the gloss and colour, especially the Strawberry and Raspberry like many other reviewers, but it just doesn't compensate for the fact that it doesn't make the dryness go away, and ends up leaving my lips as chapped as before I put it on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

I have this in RASPBERRY and STRAWBERRY in which the former is definitely my ultimate favourite. For 8 US dollars, you really cannot go wrong with this stuff. The colour play off on these are truly amazing and honestly I love the smell of the Raspberry flavour, I find it less pungent compared to Strawberry. Moisturizing my lips was just okay, and this is why I docked this item down one lippie, is that even though this lip balm is great in everyway, it doesn't have any real moisturizing effect (unlike the MAC Tendertones). Would love to buy again since these are great to travel with because of the colour play off and glossy look it's like a lip balm gloss in one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2008 5:11:00 AM More reviews by CandyApple85

I have two of these, one watermelon scented and one passionberry, which i bought on a two for 5 deal. on the whole im not exactly impressed with them and certainly won't repurchase. the pots are cute and the scents are really nice and fruity, but as a lip balm - i don't feel they do anything to soften my lips in the long term. the texture is kind of gloopy and sticky, so much so that i have to wash my hands after applying this stuff. it feels quite velvety and nice on my lips but dries out so quickly. after about an hour, my lips feel pretty dry again. i've found with a lot of body shop products, the scents are amazing, but the actual practicality is not that great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really dislike these. I've tried four flavors in the past, and they all had the same nauseating hint of fake fruit to them.
They sit slick on the lips, heavy and greasy and don't even provide any moisture.
I must be allergic to them - whenever I use them after a while my throat gets all irritated and feels like it's burning - not cool.
This has happened with some bonne belle products too.
Either way, they always disappoint me, even though I keep wanting them to work for me.
Will NOT repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sllywhckyctie101

i grabbed this on a whim and it happened to be watermelon. oh hell no the body shop is so sh*tting me lol! it didnt moisturize at all and was nastyazz waxy and tasted f*ckless lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by stl

According to the packaging it's a lip balm, but I'd have to agree with other reviewers because it simply doesn't moisturize my lips at all. I prefer Vaseline for this, but Born Lippy has nice smell and not too glossy (I normally hate lip gloss), so I use this as a moderate looking lip gloss. I wonder if guys like kissing Born Lippy flavoured lips? hehe