E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like these ELF eyeliner pens. I have purchased them a few times, both the black and the coffee (brown) shades. I use the pen to line my upper lashes, and it works great. It also lasts all day for me and does not smear (and I am talking about from 7am to 10pm). I do have to reapply the coffee pen once during that time period, as the color does fade after my day at work, but it does not disappear. Overall, it is a great product especially as it's $1. One thing to note, however. As another reviewer said, some of the ELF products are not consistent with quality. In my purchases of this eyeliner pen, I have gotten one that dried out rather quickly and its tip sort of shredded from a point. But most have lasted quite a while, and with the tip still in perfect condition.

I'm really disappointed in this product, I honestly thought it would be good!! I bought quite a few colours.. Ended up testing everyone and chucking them all in the bin!, doesn't apply great at all, I feel like it was a sharpie that dried up ages ago but this was new!!! I honestly thought it would apply better, hate it

on 7/1/2012 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Unlike some of the others, mine hasn't dried up yet. I have this pen in brown, its called Coffee. It isn't 100% waterproof, it comes off easily with warm water. It doesn't wear too long, for me it will last 3-4 hours until it smears/smudges. But I like how it applies and I like the color. Overall, I think this elf eyeliner is Okay.

on 6/24/2012 7:27:00 AM

It dried up so fast! The product was super crappy. I hate it lol thank god it was only less than $5.00.

on 6/21/2012 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have owned a couple of eyeliner pens in the past and since I was doing an ELF haul already I thought I would add one of these into my purchase. This product is so-so, I wasn't expecting miracles at 1.50 and it's alright, but just alright, nothing to rave about. It isn't the blackest black but I can get a very accurate line with it, which is good. My main annoyance with it is that it only has a shelf life of 3 months according to the back of my packaging. I suppose at this price I can't really complain, but I would prefer it cost double that and lasted 6-12 months because I think having a product I can only use for 3 months afterwards is kind of a waste. In the UK we can't buy ELF in drugstores, only online so I didn't know that it had such a short shelf life, if I had, I wouldn't have bought it.

on 6/20/2012 1:23:00 PM

To get anything out of the pen I have to put some serious pressure into it. The swatches on my hand look good enough, but I'm not willing to use such force on the delicate eye area. The brush is also very coarse, and it feels like sandpaper on my eyelid.

on 6/11/2012 11:19:00 PM

So far this liner has been behaving alright lol. I have it in brown, its pretty dark, it kinda looks like a dull black. The tip is a little bit hard but nothing too uncomfortable for me. It also hasnt dried, but then again ive only used it a few times. I do prefer the regular liquid liner than this tho.

on 6/7/2012 7:58:00 PM

I adore these E.L.F. waterproof eyeliners, but let me be very clear - THIS IS NOT PLUM. It is black.

You know how sometimes a piece of black clothing has the SLIGHTEST undertone of red or blue as it fades? Or how a marker, if you smear it, may show a tiny hint of blue or red?

That's what happens here. This eyeliner is black. If you smear it, you detect a the tiniest hint of purple, but when it's on, it is a very deep black. I love deep black, and again, I love these eyeliners, but it is NOT PLUM.

I makes AWESOME lines when it works. But that isnt very often. Everytime I go to use it, i can get one eye done, looking very nice, but when i go to do the other one, NOTHING COMES OUT!!! its kinda annoying becuase you have to switch between the pen and pencil liner in one look. its too bad since the concept and formula is nice.

on 5/23/2012 9:00:00 PM

What you have to first keep in mind before buying ANY elf product is that their batches are inconsistent. I always look at reviews before I buy makeup products and with any elf product review, people's statements always differ. This brush sheds, this brush does not shed, this eyeliner dried out, this eyeliner lasted me for months, etc.

On to my review:

I had this in black when I first purchased it. I had never used an eyeliner pen before but it only took a few days for me to get used to. I'm not sure if it smudged or not, but it definitely dried up within a month and pigmentation went down after the first several uses.

Maybe half a year later, I decided to pick one up again since I was at Target and remembered that it was just $1. This time, I bought one in Plum. When I tried it on, I was disappointed. It came out black!! After a month, pigmentation decreased so the plum showed, but I've had it for maybe 2-3 months now and it hasn't dried out! I noticed that this pen in particular DOES NOT smudge and my eyelids get very oily. I'm an Asian whose eyelids fold over themselves (hidden double eyelids) and for an eyeliner to not smudge with my eyes is amazing!! I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion with any eyeliner I use and this is the only one that has not smudged on me.

Unfortunately, this does smudge when I wing out my eyeliner even a tiny bit. I think it's because the part where my upper lid meets my lower lid gets EXTREMELY oily during the day.