July 29, 2014 | 1884 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by SuziBarnes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Having read all the hype & seen the reviews on MUA I took the plunge & ordered a 25ml bottle (cost £12.85) at the same time I also ordered a 100ml bottle of The one & only argan oil treatment (cost £7.95). I had never used either before & to make sure my test was totally unbiased I gave both bottles to hubby & asked him to pour some of each into 2 unmarked containers so that I could test them "blind". So I've now tested both several times without knowing which was which, they both smell heavenly & both definitely made my bleached, frizzy, frazzled curls well defined, shiny & incredibly, touchably soft.
However, one also stood out as being far better in results than the other, giving my curls better definition, less/no frizz & generally a more "natural" look. So which won? You can probably guess from the fact that I gave Moroccanoil only 3 lippies. I based my test purely on results, I didn't factor cost into it at all & The One & Only Argan oil won hands down (it gets 5 lippies). My hair just looked so much better, enough for people to compliment me on the "One & only" days. So Moroccanoil is good, but no better really than the average serum you can buy & at £30+ for 100ml it's just not good enough.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have hair that's very hard to please, it's thick and super frizzy, most hair products don't make a visible difference on my hair, this supposed "miracle oil" is not an exception. Now, I love using oils/serums on my hair over sprays or creams, but this little bottle that was recommended to me by a stylist works no different than a cheap drugstore alternative. It's way overpriced for what it really does to my hair, which is probably nothing. The smell is very unique, it's a scent you'll either love or hate, I personally do like it. Overall, I think this product is totally overhyped, you can find countless alternatives that work just the same if not better, but at fraction of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by LLyouvegotmail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EXCELLANT
I have color treated hair and this is by far the best product I have ever tried. My hairdresser Imelda at Ambiance Salon in Springfield pa, used this on me once and I have forever since been addicted to it. It's not too expensive. The larger size is a great bargain, and it doesn't give me the greasy look. I have received ENDLESS compliments EVERY time I wear it,", from men, women and teens. TRY IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by goldrauschengel

In the beginning I received a trial size in the glossybox and I really liked this hair oil and bought a full 100 ml, I also gave smaller samples to my mother and sister to try... I liked the scent and my hair did feel softer after use (which is saying something because my hair is thick and dry and will always feel rather coarse), but it also had a bit of a darkening effect and I am not sure it´s really the best option for me...Right now I am testing some cheap drugstore serums and actually find them quite good...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by innerbeauty4eva

i have very knotty hair so after my shower i smear it and it makes brushing a lot easier and less hair falls out.yay!! plus IM OBSESSED LIGIT OBSESSED WITH THE SMELLL mmmmmm i wish they made a perfume with that aroma!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I echo the other negative reviews on here, and also want to stress that this stuff is STRONGLY scented in a perfumey/incense kind of way that will trigger a migraine if you're prone to them!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Still on the fence. Just bought this and have only used it a couple of times. My hair generally responds well to oil (I will slather it in organic sesame oil and sleep in it). Putting a product in and leaving it after styled has me a bit on the fence.

It does make my hair light and airy (in a good way). The only down side for me is that I often like to curly my ends under a bit. And it seems to want to prevent my hair from wanting to hold a curl. I think maybe when I flat iron it, it will work a bit better. I'm not too sure. Or perhaps I'll trying applying it after I style.

I havn't given up on it yet. But I'm definitely not in love with this stuff right out of the gates.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by KikiTamato

My hair stylist was using this product on my hair and I absolutely loved how it smelled and the fact that it helped cut down on drying time. I went out and purchased it and used it for a few weeks. When I went back to my stylist she ran her hands through my hair and could not believe how much healthier it felt and asked what I had been using. I have very thick, wavy, color treated hair and while I find I still need some extra product this stuff helps tremendously and smells oh so yummy. I use it super sparingly as it is so pricey. Will purchase again if I can snag a coupon or will ask for it in my stocking ;) Should also mention that it is a huge plus not having alcohol in it which seems to be in so many similar products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by GucciDiva

RIP OFF!

The argan oil thing is a gimmick. This is a silicone product with a little argan oil, and a hugely jacked up price. Do yourself a favor and buy yourself real argan oil.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Marjacobs27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using a moroccan argan oil from Pro Naturals that I ordered online from Beyas, but after reading so many positive reviews on MO I got myself a bottle. It made my hair really heavy and eventually greasy (only used a small amount), so I checked out the ingredients and suprise surprise…SILICONES. Went back to pro naturals and my hair was soft and supple again, so no, MO is NOT all it’s made out to be.