Cover Girl Exact Eyelights

3.1

on 11/8/2009 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The eye-brightening effects are minimal, so if you were looking for a lot of effect, you should try the whole eyelights collection of products (eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow) before deeming the product useless.

Personally I like this mascara not especially for it's eye-brightening effects, but because it's natural looking. On me dark, very black mascaras look quite stark, but since this is a lighter shade it looks more natural. Plus the brush is actually very nice at defining without clumping.

Yes, it IS little flecks of glitter that make the mascara supposedly brighten eye color. So if you have sensitive eyes, don't use this. Overall it's a good daywear, natural-looking defining mascara.

on 10/30/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The thing I love the best about this mascara is that it doesn't come off under my eyes which is a problem I have with most mascaras. I can put it on in the morning, go to work, tend to my horses outside after work and it still doesn't come off under my eyes. It doesn't make your lashes look super, super dark and defined though, so not really good for evening wear. I would use another mascara if I need my eyes to look really dramatic for night or a big event or something. A good daytime mascara though. Didn't really notice the glitter at all.

on 10/30/2009 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

bleh, awful stuff. no lengthening, clumpy, weird spots of glitter that don't really do anything to enhance the eyes. overall a horrid mascara.

on 10/29/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a mascara its fine, it didn't really lengthen or make my lashes full. But they also have 4 colors to complement your eyes. Its supposed to be shimmery or something but i didn't notice anything.I wont repurchase.

on 10/28/2009 11:15:00 PM

I've been using this mascara for quite a while now & absolutely love it. the best wand brush on the market. it doesn't clump or flake, defines my lashes perfectly. i totally love it.

on 10/28/2009 7:51:00 PM

Am I the only one who was shocked at how little pigment came out onto the brush with each dip into the tube? I'm a 3-4 coats girl to begin with, but with this mascara (I purchased the one for Hazel eyes), I felt as though I had to slam on a ton of coats to get anywhere near my usual amount of lash color.
Grrrr.
I was so excited about this mascara when it first debuted-- they made a specal shade for my eye color AND I adore the packaging.
Oh well.
There I go again, judging a book by it's cover. :P

on 10/27/2009 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have green eyes but I bought the mascara for hazel eyes since I wanted gold sparkles. The mascara is black but the gold shimmer is very subtle. When I notice it, it tends to look more like something is stuck to my eyelash rather than intentional shimmer. I like the packaging, I like the brush, but this does not brighten my eyes in any noticeable way. Also, this mascara tends to flake a bit. Not horribly, but it does flake. I won't repurchase but I will probably use up what I have.

Update: No, I pretty much hate this mascara now. It flakes more than a little and looks strange with the bits of glitter. Good idea, but it just doesn't work.

on 10/27/2009 7:22:00 PM

That mascara is really nice! I can't really tell if it makes my eyes look brighter (it does but maybe it's just my imagination!), but it defenitly is great! No clumps, real nice lashes. I've been faithful to l'Oreal's Voluminous for a long time but after only a month the brush would just take in too much mascara and it would dry and makes clumps...I think my new favorite is Exact eyelights from now on!

on 10/25/2009 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

the formal, for me, was fine. i like the classic lashblast on curled eyelashes since it doesn't make my very long, but not too thick, lashes look spidery. i was excited for a little extra pop in this formula, but even in direct sunlight, there was very little (not even 'subtle) shimmer and literally no greenish tint. fine basic mascara, but because it didn't do what it claimed to do, i would not repurchase.

on 10/17/2009 3:01:00 PM

I fell in love with this. I have very very long dark eyelashes that luckily have a natural curl so a little mascara makes em look pretty good.
i normally use clinique cus the brushes are great and seperate without clumping but its exspensive
i found the eyelights and used the hazel with gold in the mascara and it really brought out my eye color to the green more than the browns i have the brush is awesome doesn't clump, and i love how when i get into the light i can see the gold flake on the mascara

Popular Mascaras