August 22, 2014 | 1767 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MissMagdalena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Am I the only one who was shocked at how little pigment came out onto the brush with each dip into the tube? I'm a 3-4 coats girl to begin with, but with this mascara (I purchased the one for Hazel eyes), I felt as though I had to slam on a ton of coats to get anywhere near my usual amount of lash color.
Grrrr.
I was so excited about this mascara when it first debuted-- they made a specal shade for my eye color AND I adore the packaging.
Oh well.
There I go again, judging a book by it's cover. :P

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by devilbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have green eyes but I bought the mascara for hazel eyes since I wanted gold sparkles. The mascara is black but the gold shimmer is very subtle. When I notice it, it tends to look more like something is stuck to my eyelash rather than intentional shimmer. I like the packaging, I like the brush, but this does not brighten my eyes in any noticeable way. Also, this mascara tends to flake a bit. Not horribly, but it does flake. I won't repurchase but I will probably use up what I have.

Update: No, I pretty much hate this mascara now. It flakes more than a little and looks strange with the bits of glitter. Good idea, but it just doesn't work.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by liiily

That mascara is really nice! I can't really tell if it makes my eyes look brighter (it does but maybe it's just my imagination!), but it defenitly is great! No clumps, real nice lashes. I've been faithful to l'Oreal's Voluminous for a long time but after only a month the brush would just take in too much mascara and it would dry and makes clumps...I think my new favorite is Exact eyelights from now on!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by 0ubliette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

the formal, for me, was fine. i like the classic lashblast on curled eyelashes since it doesn't make my very long, but not too thick, lashes look spidery. i was excited for a little extra pop in this formula, but even in direct sunlight, there was very little (not even 'subtle) shimmer and literally no greenish tint. fine basic mascara, but because it didn't do what it claimed to do, i would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by vbarger28

I fell in love with this. I have very very long dark eyelashes that luckily have a natural curl so a little mascara makes em look pretty good.
i normally use clinique cus the brushes are great and seperate without clumping but its exspensive
i found the eyelights and used the hazel with gold in the mascara and it really brought out my eye color to the green more than the browns i have the brush is awesome doesn't clump, and i love how when i get into the light i can see the gold flake on the mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. Not only does it do nothing to brighten my eyes, but it clumped and flaked like mad! The first few times I used it, I really liked it. But after a few days, it really started to clump, etc. It's just too bad because I really like the idea of this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by JStringberg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't think I've missed a single mascara on the market and have purchased every drugstore to department store brand on my quest to have long, luxurious lashes and often found myself very disappointed after using a new wand after reading the "hype." I have shelled out almost 30 bucks at times looking for that marvelous mascara and then I stumbled upon this one while at CVS and thought, hey, if I can bring out the blue in my eyes, I'll give this one a shot.

Perhaps I fell for the gimmick but I am thankful I did as I've been using this mascara for months and absolutely love it. It separates and lengthens better than any of the higher end mascaras I've bought and it actually does give the illusion that my blue eyes are more blue. It delivers what it promises but it lacks volume so like many women, I use a different mascara to give me this~Maybelline Colossal (I've reviewed that one as well so check it out), and the two combined are the best duo I've ever used and I waited quite a while to see if I would love and stick with this one and the two together. *Since using CG, I now only wear one coat of the Colossal so that's an update for the review I posted a while back on that mascara as three coats of mascara are certainly enough for my eyes and at times, I wear only one coat of each. If I'm going for a tad more dramatic look, I will wear three but on most days, I wear one of each.

I use one or two coats of CG (depending on whether it's an everyday look I'm seeking or a more dramatic one) to perfectly separate and lengthen my lashes and then apply one coat of Colossal for volume and I finally have the perfect mascara(s). For the first time since I began wearing makeup, I no longer look at new mascara, and I no longer think I must try a new one because this duo is dynamite. I finally have long, thick, and super separated lashes which I love and which have gotten me compliments galore. I am often asked about my mascara and am told that my lashes are long and beautiful so I have found my holy grails. I wear CG Black Sapphire and Colossal Glam Black and have never had a bad mascara day since discovering this terrific twosome.

I can't rave enough about using this pair and I am so happy to have found Exact Eyelights to use with the Maybelline because mascara is something that I never have to search for again as I purchase two wands of each every few months and I have the beautiful lashes I have always craved.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by danceshoes12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is my second one I tried in my life. I liked it when it came to making my lashes bigger, but not huge like in commercials ( i like the natural look). I saw a vary little brightness in my eyes, but i would like to try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lattevaniglia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whoa, I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on this product -- it worked for me! I have dark brown eyes (so dark you can't see the pupils, which is pretty boring in my opinion). So off I went to buy CG Exact Eyelights in the hopes of adding some zing to my eyes. It so happened that Rexall was having a half-price sale on mascara. For $4, I thought I couldn't go wrong. I didn't! I bought the mascara in Black Pearl and wasn't actually expecting much from it, but after trying it on it did seem to work. Perhaps the fact that I now wear shiny new contacts adds to the effect, but I've noticed that this really brought my eyes out more. There are miniscule little pieces of glitter in the mascara that seem to be the ones highlighting the colour. I could actually make out my pupils and for the first time thought my eyes were pretty and not boring. This product is a lifesaver -- the reason why I'm never going to think about changing my eye colour again! It's a really natural-looking mascara, but looks great because lashes are nicely separated and thickened without looking too dramatic. I agree that it will work better if you purchase it along with the eyeshadow, but the trick really is figuring out what colours go with your eyes. I've noticed that bright blue eyeliner really looks good with mine. Thank you CG for making this awesome product! You've made me proud of what I've been given!

P.S. I've always known that my friend's eyes are a really light blue-grey, but I noticed they seemed to have been somewhat enhanced one day, so I commented on how lovely they looked. Guess what she was wearing! We got into a long discussion about how we love Exact Eyelights and agreed that it was the best mascara we've both used so far :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by silviachick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try a different mascara compared to my Mary Kay product since I was geting low, and hoping to find something I liked. I really liked the brush, and was hoping the glitter/shimmer in it would bring out my eye color. I HATED the way this went on my lashes, and I didn't like the way it looked. It didn't seem as full, was clumpy, and didn't see any color difference. I've only used it once, and will likely stay that way unless I'm desperate for mascara. I was highly disappointed. I knew I shoulda looked at the other reviews before picking this one up.