Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Way to expensive for what you get. I've had better drugstore mascara that cost $6 or less...(well, maybe not less)

I like the tube it comes in, it gets you excited to paint your lashes but then when you put it on, not much difference..and let me tell you, I have really good long thick lashes that already curl. for it to do nothing on me...well then..that's not a good mascara at all.

For 25$..no way im rebuying this!

I bought this mascara after reading/hearing a lot of good things about it. I'm mostly looking for a mascara to give volume, then maybe some length. I find this formula to be thick and clumpy. When I initially opened the mascara it was clumpy on the wand. Usually a good volumizing formula will start to clump on the wand when it gets old and starts to dry out some, but Smoky Lash was like this brand new. (Maybe I got a bad batch?) It does give good volume, though, but when I began building coats it became more clumpy, lashes started sticking together and looked spidery. I'm not into the clumpy spider look. Also, my eyes don't tend to be sensitive, but sometimes I felt like my lashes itched some with this mascara, not the norm for me. I would pass on this, I think there are better out there. Oh! and the other reviewers are right, it flakes. At this price it SHOULD NOT FLAKE.

I got a sample of this and have only used it 3 times. I really like the affect it gives to my lashes! Its very black and thickening and lengthening. The only thing is that it FLAKES! And its also a little hard to get off. I still had some on my lashed when I woke up this morning... Gross. Over all its a really good mascara but I dont think I'll buy the full sized since it's so expensive

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in a swap (thanks MUAer mellaril!) and was super excited to try it. The color is a super dark and rich black, and it gives my lashes a fair amount of length and volume...buuuuuut...it flakes like crazy, and is very tough to get off! Glad I only got a trial size, I definitely won't be buying this!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I had high hopes for this mascara because I have seen several people review it saying that it is amazing. However, it is a decent mascara. It is really black. It does add volume and lengthen my lashes but I have found ones that do better at the drugstore. The biggest drawback of this for me is that it flakes really bad! I have never had a drugstore mascara flake on me before. I don't think it was worth the extra price. I will be sticking with drugstore mascaras.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say this is the best mascara I have used out of numerous drugstore and high end brands.

It gives great volume and length.

My only complaint is that it tends to flake and leave raccoon eyes after a day of work.

My problem with this mascara is that after a few weeks I was wearing it all over my face, not just my lashes. The color is very intense and dramatic which I LOVED but the gorgeous intense black is virutally useless when I cannot wear this without flaking constantly. This formula does not last long either. I needed to toss after two months as it was by then too dry. They had a great concept but the performance was dismal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I received this in one of those beauty in a box things from sephora for christmas and this product has become my holy grail of mascaras!! I have very spars eyelashes, they're short and not thick. I put two coats of this on and it's like BAM! I love it! I have so little bottom lashes that even with mascara on them you can't see them, but with this mascara they're actually visible. Now while my bottom lashes aren't bam in your face like my top lashes, it is a step up for me.

I only have one complaint, this mascara runs easily even with a little bit of water, I wouldn't suggest wearing this mascara on a rainy day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

When i first tryed it thought i could use it by itself...but it didnt work as well as when i used my cheap IM pink mascara on the first layer. i did tree layers last one was Maybeline falsies....it made my lashes look super long, separated
......

Flaky, clumpy mess. This is a joke if you consider the price. Even though the first time I used this it flaked I was sure it was a fluke so I used it about 4 more times and it flaked all over my face. It looks like I'm wearing cheap mascara. I'll stick to clinique high impact.

Popular Mascaras