August 20, 2014 | 2020 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by cdmuzac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As a professional makeup artist, I can honestly say i was not that impressed by this product. The first few applications were ok but it tends to dry out rather quickly. I am however in love with the brush! I kept it and sanitized it and used it with other mascaras :-) word of advice before you chuck a mascara out , figure out if its the brush or the formula.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by IvanaHaute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a part of a MUFE set from Sephora, and based on the reviews I was really excited to try it. I have a lot of lashes and they are long but baby fine and dark blonde, so I need something that will volume and do a good job separating. This formula just seems way to runny, as it clumps my lashes in a wet mess that also ends up all over my eyelid :( No bueno! I really wanted this to work, and I must say that it's one of the blackest mascaras out there. I will give this mascara another try bc I've noticed that most mascaras change in formula a little bit after you use them for a week or so and maybe it will dry down a bit. I will update if a miracle happens :) other than that I will def not repurchase this gloppy mess!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by mcclearydot20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eh... It's OKAY. But just that - okay. My favorite mascara of all time is still Diorshow, but I wanted to try something different. So the lady at Sephora said this was a good one. Which it IS... just not as volumizing as I would have liked. Does a great job thickening and lengthening though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by cakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought it based on the hype... cant say it was a big mistake. But for someone with straight (and short lol) asian eyelashes, this kinda does the job. It does add volume, and make your lashes look fuller and longer. It is kinda heavy that actually weighted my lashes down even though i curled them nicely. And it does smudge.. not in a very bad way as long as you are not crying, sweating... or doing any activity that cause moisture around your eyes area :P Though one down side, it flakes badly when I apply it at my lower lashes. For now, I say I would repurchase... but I'm not too sure. I still prefer Stila mascara better even though they dont provide that much volume, but at least they dont weight my lashes down and my lashes still look fresh even after a nap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by devildoll133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One great mascara, which actually does NOT smudge under your eyes finally!!! Very important! You can put a couple of layers on (which is not really necessary, because it gives volume and length with the first coat in my opinion) without clumping though. Definitely worth the money!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by balletflat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't write many reviews, but I hate Smoky Lash so much I just had to write a review. I've had this mascara about a week and it has already caused several of my eyelashes to fall out. I haven't noticed any problems with flaking, but my major complaint is that the mascara is very wet and causes my eyelashes to clump into three big lash clumps. It's hard to achieve separation, and looks very spidery. It should be called Spider Lash instead of Smoky Lash. Don't waste your money, purchase Maybelline Full 'n Soft instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by PinkFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't really understand the hype over this mascara. I bought it because of the rave reviews and it's pretty underwhelming, in my opinion. I have to layer it with other mascaras to get the result I want. Alone, it leaves my lashes sparse and thin. I find the formula very... inky and runny, if that makes any sense.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara after viewing many beauty gurus reviews. I like the mascara it did take me a few tries to get the results I wanted. The wand seems to carry excess product that can be a little difficult as it can cause clumping. Not using too many coats does the trick for me. I did notice that this mascara seems to dry out faster than other mascaras. Also there is flaking. Makes my lashes very full adding some length but not extreme length. I will repurchase, I want to try the aqua smoky lash as I have heard that it does not flake

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by dmd1

This mascara was dissapointing. It gave absolutely no volume whatsoever. It did a decent but unexceptional job of lengthening. I gave it two lippies because it did separate very nicely and it didn't clump. Nice if you need minimal mascara, but not if you rely on mascara to volumize.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by itolduso84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

The main thing that really does it for me with this mascara is the pigment...this mascara is VERRRRRY black. I always get dark, long, thick dramatic lashes when I use this, I even had 2 of my family members ask if I was wearing false eyelashes :-). I dont have too many negative things to say except I wish it were a bit more volumizing and a tad less clumpy when layering.I did get a tip to use the thicker end of the wand for better results (less clumping). IMO definitely worth the try if u dont mind spending 22 bucks on a mascara.