April 21, 2014 | 703 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by balletflat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't write many reviews, but I hate Smoky Lash so much I just had to write a review. I've had this mascara about a week and it has already caused several of my eyelashes to fall out. I haven't noticed any problems with flaking, but my major complaint is that the mascara is very wet and causes my eyelashes to clump into three big lash clumps. It's hard to achieve separation, and looks very spidery. It should be called Spider Lash instead of Smoky Lash. Don't waste your money, purchase Maybelline Full 'n Soft instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by PinkFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't really understand the hype over this mascara. I bought it because of the rave reviews and it's pretty underwhelming, in my opinion. I have to layer it with other mascaras to get the result I want. Alone, it leaves my lashes sparse and thin. I find the formula very... inky and runny, if that makes any sense.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara after viewing many beauty gurus reviews. I like the mascara it did take me a few tries to get the results I wanted. The wand seems to carry excess product that can be a little difficult as it can cause clumping. Not using too many coats does the trick for me. I did notice that this mascara seems to dry out faster than other mascaras. Also there is flaking. Makes my lashes very full adding some length but not extreme length. I will repurchase, I want to try the aqua smoky lash as I have heard that it does not flake

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by dmd1

This mascara was dissapointing. It gave absolutely no volume whatsoever. It did a decent but unexceptional job of lengthening. I gave it two lippies because it did separate very nicely and it didn't clump. Nice if you need minimal mascara, but not if you rely on mascara to volumize.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by itolduso84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

The main thing that really does it for me with this mascara is the pigment...this mascara is VERRRRRY black. I always get dark, long, thick dramatic lashes when I use this, I even had 2 of my family members ask if I was wearing false eyelashes :-). I dont have too many negative things to say except I wish it were a bit more volumizing and a tad less clumpy when layering.I did get a tip to use the thicker end of the wand for better results (less clumping). IMO definitely worth the try if u dont mind spending 22 bucks on a mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by BlondPrincess

I got a sample of this in a mascara kit from Sephora and it is by far the worst of the 10 samples that I received. It's the only one that flakes off and I end up with black flakes all over my cheeks by the end of the day. I would never buy this mascara. There are soooo many better ones.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by soclutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros: Curls, lengthens and volumizes

Cons: Does clump a little, and it is little too wet when you first buy it, & flakes A LOT

I wouldn't call this my HG mascara, but it is the closest thing I have found to it so I will probably repurchase until something better comes along.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I actually can't stand this mascara, I've been using it daily for going on my second week and there is definitely already a dryer consistency to it, its even harder to work with then when it was new. I would NEVER think about spending my money on this again.
------------------------------

hmmm...I waited over 6 months before making the decision to give this mascara a try. I do like it. It does give bigger bang than DS mascaras. It does clump. It is costly. Does it live up to the hype surrounding it? Mostly. I would not repurchase this
unless I had money burning a hole in my pocket.

FYI: Worked better for me when I did not curl my lashes. It looks best with two coats. Two coats makes it slightly more frustrating to remove. Be sure to begin at root and wiggle through, effects are not nearly as nice if you apply it quickly or halfass.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for a great volumizing/lengething/keep the curl mascara - and am getting tired of shelling out 30$ for mascaras that just suck.

I love MUFE aqua creams and shadows so i thought to give this a try since it claims to do it all. Not so much true. Yes it is super black, and i suppose it is volumizing if you consider dumping a ton of product onto the lashes to make them look thicker?? Too much product clumps up like crazy - and yes, you can get a decent look if you spend the time with an eyelash comb - but if you add more than one coat of this stuff it is just a mess, and one coat doesn't seem to do it. More than one coat and you are left with droopy spider lashes. boooo. I do still use this for a night out - when i feel like putting in an xtra 15 minutes to do my mascara - but the last few times i have used this i have been so unhappy with the results i have removed all my eye m/u and started over. soooo not worth it in my book. def NOT repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by mjm88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you are looking for dark thick lashes this is your mascara! It is amazing! I have very thin lashes and this makes me look like I'm wearing falsies! LOVE!