December 22, 2014 | 1581 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by xogabrielle

I use this a scrub every night after I remove my makeup to give my face a gentle scrub. I also use it after I brush my teeth to make them really bright. It's cheap and has sooo many uses but these are my main ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mimieux7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this as my exfoliator for face and body! I have extremely acne prone skin- really bumpy and very intolerant to most products I try. I started using this daily after cleansing with Purity Made Simple and WOW!! My skin feels so smooth, looks more even and it has helped tremendously to clear my psycho skin up. HG exfoliator, plus it's great with epsom salts for a detoxifying bath. Use 1-2 cups of each and lay back and relax. So many uses for such an inexpensive product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this mixed with shampoo and face wash and I didn't really like it either way. It turned my shampoo into a strange texture and it was difficult to wash out of my hair. As for a face scrub, it had the perfect consistency but it burned like hell and made my face bright red. I need a gentle scrub that can be used daily because my oily skin becomes rough and dull looking otherwise. I wouldn't even consider using this daily unless I was trying to burn my skin off. Be careful with this one, the Ph is way higher than that of your skin. Using products with a high Ph can actually damage your skin's natural barrier. And for those of you that think baking soda is all natural, think again. While baking soda is a naturally occuring mineral known as nahcolite, the baking soda that we're buying at the grocery store is artificially produced because it's much cheaper to make.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Having tried using baking soda on my hair I swore I would never use baking soda again as a beauty treatment and only stick to using it in my cookies; it made my hair like straw and gritty. Like many who have an unnatural attachment to Pinterest, I was browsing along and came across the baking soda scrub. At first, I was going to skip it but that picture of Lauren Conrad's glowing skin was so convincing I thought, "what the heck - give it a try," and I'm so glad I did. My skin is so soft and the clogged pores on my nose are almost all gone.
The recipe is a 3 to 1 ratio of baking soda to water, I use Aloe Vera Juice as it is a bit more moisturizing to my sensitive-dry skin. Without using any pressure, I apply the mixture in a circular motion for a good minute, concentrating on my t-zone and rinse with lukewarm water and gently pat my skin dry. My skin was left unbelievable soft with a rosy glow. I think I should warn those with sensitive skin like mine, a weekly treatment is more than enough to achieve results, anything more might be too harsh for skins like ours. Cheap and effective = HG. Thank you Pinterest. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by motherof2willdo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use baking soda to clean so many things. The funny thing is I don't remember using baking soda to bake.

Jewelry Cleaner:

I clean my jewelry with baking soda and a little bit of water. Dust takes its toll on my earrings, they all lose their shin and I get that back when I clean them with baking soda, water and a tooth brush. I rinse the earrings off to get all the baking soda off them and then you would swear they were new again. I clean my wedding rings all the time this way as well. It is a trick that has been passed down from my mother and her grandmother. I have heard of people using toothpaste but baking soda works better. I have tired it.

Laundry:

I add about a half a cup to my laundry when I think it needs a little extra help getting things clean because the clothes are really dirty or really stinky, sometimes both.

I also buy Arm & Hammer laundry soap: love the way it smells and how well it cleans on the first wash. I used a empty spray bottle almost filled it with water and added a cap full of my laundry soap, shook it. I spray that on the spots on the clothes before I wash them.

Stainless Steal Cleaner:

I clean my sink with baking soda and water with a cloth or by grabbing the wet baking soda with my hand and using like it is a cloth rubbing all over the sink. Then I rinse well, and dry. Baking soda gets the stains out of my sink.

I use it to clean my deep fryer when it gets covered in grease. Baking soda, water and a cloth is all I used to clean my deep fryer. It comes out looking like new. Other then the numbers are starting to wear off because I have had it for almost four years.

I use baking soda, water and a cloth to clean my stove top when I can't get it clean with just the soapy water and dishcloth.

Baking soda has so many uses and another great thing it is cheap to buy! Feel free to comment below and tell me what you use it for or maybe any other tricks to get things clean.
Link to my blog, Mother of 2, that will do: http://jenn-my-blog.blogspot.com/2012/09/different-things-i-use-baking-soda-for.html

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Evelise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

man, I can't believe I lived so many years only using baking soda to deodorize the fridge and bake! Thinking back, I'm guessing baking soda was one of the internet's gifts to me, as I may never have stumbled upon its bajillion uses, otherwise. It is, hands down, the best exfoliant I've ever used on my face, as well as a great cleanser. It leaves my face feeling super clean, not residue-y, like a lot of stuff. Speaking of which, I also love using it in my hair once every couple months or so, to get rid of shampoo build-up. And for brushing my teeth with after toothpaste for super-clean feeling teeth. And for cleaning pretty much everything in my house!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Brifie28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My husband and I have been using baking soda as a face/body scrub for about a month now and this has now become a staple in our daily routine.
I make a container full of paste with baking soda and water, and about a half teaspoon of Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap included. I use it at night as a face mask, (I let it dry and then gently rub in circles to exfoliate when I'm rinsing it off) and whenever I shower as a soap/scrub. Gets my entire body squeaky clean and has helped with any breakouts on my face/body.

I also use baking soda with my toothpaste a few times a week and once a week with my shampoo to clarify my hair. I LOVE baking soda.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by LilyJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my HG products. I discovered it while looking for ways to deep clean pores and treat acne. After trying so many expensive cleansers and pore strips I couldn't believe the results. After just one steam/ mask session most of my blackheads were gone. Plus, it's so cheap! My acne has cleared up, scarring has improved, and my skin has a nice glow to it and it's much smoother.

These are the ways I use it

*I use it daily as a face mask, about a heaped tsp of bicarb with enough water to make a paste, and some honey. I scoop up the mix with a cotton wool ball which soaks up the excess water. Then apply in a circular motion, and leave for as long as I can, sometimes up to 45 minutes. I rinse using a circular motion to exfoliate. Once a week, I steam my face for about 10 minutes, and then apply the mask to deep clean pores.
*Once a week I add to my shampoo to get rid of product build up and deep clean my hair. Leaves it squeaky clean without drying it out
*I am allergic to most skin products, so I use it as a body scrub and leaves my skin so smooth
*I brush my teeth with it. Doesn't taste the best but it's a good way to gently get rid of stains.

I have wasted so much money on expensive acne creams that burned my skin, bicarb has been a miracle product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by GreyHuman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I bought this because a lot of people at acne.org swear up and down that baking soda clears acne so I was like oh bloody shit, I will try it then. I've been using it for 6 months and see no acne difference which is fine because Baking soda does work but not for acne it could work as a spot treatment, which I tried but woke up with baking soda everywhere... I'm a crazy sleeper. Anyway, It's great for cleaning teeth leave my teeth super clean it's better than toothpaste no one can deny that. It's also great for removing odors you had a hard day at the gym (or wherever) and you're spelling all types of funky or like a skunk sprayed you wash your armpits for about 5 minutes and the odor will be gone. Also baking soda is great as an exfoliator, BUT I would rather use a face brush but if you don't want to pay a lot of money for an exfoliator Baking soda will be your friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by reginaGG

My mom had been using baking soda as a facial scrub for years but I never dared try it until recently. Because everyone's skin is so different, one person's routine with baking soda may not be the right one for you. I was really careful the first time I did it and only used a tiny bit of baking soda and a bit of water.

Basic tips for baking soda:
1. Use a tiny bit the first time
2. Don't rub too hard or too long (until you know your skin can handle it)