September 21, 2014 | 1273 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by motherof2willdo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use baking soda to clean so many things. The funny thing is I don't remember using baking soda to bake.

Jewelry Cleaner:

I clean my jewelry with baking soda and a little bit of water. Dust takes its toll on my earrings, they all lose their shin and I get that back when I clean them with baking soda, water and a tooth brush. I rinse the earrings off to get all the baking soda off them and then you would swear they were new again. I clean my wedding rings all the time this way as well. It is a trick that has been passed down from my mother and her grandmother. I have heard of people using toothpaste but baking soda works better. I have tired it.

Laundry:

I add about a half a cup to my laundry when I think it needs a little extra help getting things clean because the clothes are really dirty or really stinky, sometimes both.

I also buy Arm & Hammer laundry soap: love the way it smells and how well it cleans on the first wash. I used a empty spray bottle almost filled it with water and added a cap full of my laundry soap, shook it. I spray that on the spots on the clothes before I wash them.

Stainless Steal Cleaner:

I clean my sink with baking soda and water with a cloth or by grabbing the wet baking soda with my hand and using like it is a cloth rubbing all over the sink. Then I rinse well, and dry. Baking soda gets the stains out of my sink.

I use it to clean my deep fryer when it gets covered in grease. Baking soda, water and a cloth is all I used to clean my deep fryer. It comes out looking like new. Other then the numbers are starting to wear off because I have had it for almost four years.

I use baking soda, water and a cloth to clean my stove top when I can't get it clean with just the soapy water and dishcloth.

Baking soda has so many uses and another great thing it is cheap to buy! Feel free to comment below and tell me what you use it for or maybe any other tricks to get things clean.
Link to my blog, Mother of 2, that will do: http://jenn-my-blog.blogspot.com/2012/09/different-things-i-use-baking-soda-for.html

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Evelise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

man, I can't believe I lived so many years only using baking soda to deodorize the fridge and bake! Thinking back, I'm guessing baking soda was one of the internet's gifts to me, as I may never have stumbled upon its bajillion uses, otherwise. It is, hands down, the best exfoliant I've ever used on my face, as well as a great cleanser. It leaves my face feeling super clean, not residue-y, like a lot of stuff. Speaking of which, I also love using it in my hair once every couple months or so, to get rid of shampoo build-up. And for brushing my teeth with after toothpaste for super-clean feeling teeth. And for cleaning pretty much everything in my house!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Brifie28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My husband and I have been using baking soda as a face/body scrub for about a month now and this has now become a staple in our daily routine.
I make a container full of paste with baking soda and water, and about a half teaspoon of Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap included. I use it at night as a face mask, (I let it dry and then gently rub in circles to exfoliate when I'm rinsing it off) and whenever I shower as a soap/scrub. Gets my entire body squeaky clean and has helped with any breakouts on my face/body.

I also use baking soda with my toothpaste a few times a week and once a week with my shampoo to clarify my hair. I LOVE baking soda.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by LilyJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my HG products. I discovered it while looking for ways to deep clean pores and treat acne. After trying so many expensive cleansers and pore strips I couldn't believe the results. After just one steam/ mask session most of my blackheads were gone. Plus, it's so cheap! My acne has cleared up, scarring has improved, and my skin has a nice glow to it and it's much smoother.

These are the ways I use it

*I use it daily as a face mask, about a heaped tsp of bicarb with enough water to make a paste, and some honey. I scoop up the mix with a cotton wool ball which soaks up the excess water. Then apply in a circular motion, and leave for as long as I can, sometimes up to 45 minutes. I rinse using a circular motion to exfoliate. Once a week, I steam my face for about 10 minutes, and then apply the mask to deep clean pores.
*Once a week I add to my shampoo to get rid of product build up and deep clean my hair. Leaves it squeaky clean without drying it out
*I am allergic to most skin products, so I use it as a body scrub and leaves my skin so smooth
*I brush my teeth with it. Doesn't taste the best but it's a good way to gently get rid of stains.

I have wasted so much money on expensive acne creams that burned my skin, bicarb has been a miracle product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by GreyHuman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I bought this because a lot of people at acne.org swear up and down that baking soda clears acne so I was like oh bloody shit, I will try it then. I've been using it for 6 months and see no acne difference which is fine because Baking soda does work but not for acne it could work as a spot treatment, which I tried but woke up with baking soda everywhere... I'm a crazy sleeper. Anyway, It's great for cleaning teeth leave my teeth super clean it's better than toothpaste no one can deny that. It's also great for removing odors you had a hard day at the gym (or wherever) and you're spelling all types of funky or like a skunk sprayed you wash your armpits for about 5 minutes and the odor will be gone. Also baking soda is great as an exfoliator, BUT I would rather use a face brush but if you don't want to pay a lot of money for an exfoliator Baking soda will be your friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by reginaGG

My mom had been using baking soda as a facial scrub for years but I never dared try it until recently. Because everyone's skin is so different, one person's routine with baking soda may not be the right one for you. I was really careful the first time I did it and only used a tiny bit of baking soda and a bit of water.

Basic tips for baking soda:
1. Use a tiny bit the first time
2. Don't rub too hard or too long (until you know your skin can handle it)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by CountryLovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I read wonderful reviews on how baking soda works for acne. So I got baking soda and made a thick paste with water. It made my skin soo soft the first time. Then the third time I put it on, it started stinging. I ignored it until the pain was unbelievable. It hurt even more trying to scrub it off. And when I did, my skin felt raw and burnt. It left me with wounds and peely skin. HORRIBLE! DO NOT RECCOMEND!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have been using baking soda as my shampoo. I find it a little harsh as face scrub. I use sugar instead. But it work wonders as my hairwash. I use 5 teaspoons for half a litre water. I would strongly recommend it as a shampoo substitute, just play with it for a while untill you get the right mixture.
Edit: I started using it as a face scrub. I mix 1 tablespoon with 1 tablespoon honey and bam best face scrub ready! It has helped me remove the cluster of whiteheads on my chin. I use it everyday at night. Then I follow it up with Argan Oil. My skin is getting clearer by the day. I absolutely love it. I upped the rating to 5.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by 08yomati08

so, i had done my research on baking soda for acne, and i was excited to try it. i ended up using a tea spoon of baking soda and a cup of water or so to make it pasty. i woke up the next day with such a horrible break out! it may have just been purging, but wow. i had never had so many little/big bumps on my face. it was more than i had ever had in my life. its been a little over a week now, and i havent used it, the bumps have gone down. but wow, it was so bad. i hope that it was just purging, because id like to try it again. but after that happened, im a bit doubtful

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by cowzipper

I use baking soda to exfoliate and can't see using anything else. Most other exfoliators are way too harsh and irritate my skin and cause breakouts. This is very gentle and rinses away clean. I actually found some Arm and Hammer baking soda in a plastic shaker thing that is great for the shower. I wish I could remember where I found it because it's lot more convenient than the cardboard box. This is a great product and the price just can't be beat!!!