April 16, 2014 | 1393 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Best eyeliner hands down! I've been using this for years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

In the hierarchy of eyeliners, liquid falls near the bottom for me. I prefer the precision of gel and the convenience of pencil. That said, this product caused a lot of talk and so I bought one in 2011 (I say this because there is some discussion of the formula changing). This is extremely black but still needs two coats. I have to go over my winged liner more than once to get the opacity I want and sometimes the felt applicator gets dry and removes product instead of adding more.

I absolutely HATE the glossy sheen of this liner. It is not flattering on my skin and diminishes the drama of cat eyes so minus a lippie. It makes my lid skin feel a little tight underneath the line, like it's pulling. Also, despite the use of primer, I find my sharp wing usually flakes off at some point, which I have never experienced with another product. I will say I love this liner when I am in a rush because it requires no brush or anything. It photographs rather nicely as well. I continue to use this eyeliner but I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by alicekingderp

I really really like this liquid eyeliner! I use it nearly everyday
Why?
1. It's easy to apply and get nice fine or thick lines
2. the formula its self is really nice and even smudge-proof to a point
3. It's a really nice intense black that doesnt fade
4. it comes off easily with makeup remover and water, unlike other liners I've used that tend to linger in dry flakes on my eyelashes.

Overall it really is a nice product. The packaging isn't phenomenal but it's not terrible either. I say this was a win :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

So this is one of those rare times that the reviews here led me astray and persuaded me to make a bad purchase. Doesn't go on black, more like a watery grey (yes i do shake before use). Shiny finish. Doesn't last long. Gotta go over the same line repeatedly for it to look decent. No 7 liquid liner is far better, as well as all gel liners ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite liquid liner that I've tried. I recently converted to liquid after years of gel/brush. This is a lovely, precise liner with great pigmentation. Definitely the darkest black of all my other liners in comparison (MAC Fluidline, Clinique Brush on).

I rate this high because of ease of application and pigmentation. The staying power on me is a full day and I have no complaints of flaking (I even have oily lids).

This loses a rating for me because:
- I wish the tip was a little bitter narrower to do winged liner. To do my favourite winged top liner I have to use this thinly across the lid and finish the wing with a brush and gel liner.
- The felt tip tends to get ratty and worn quickly. It seems every time I pull this out of the tube another piece of felt has flaked off.

Overall this is a lovely liner but you do have to work with it a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Melodiee

This is an HG eyeliner for me. The color is a true black. The felt tip makes it super easy to apply while getting a true black color the first time through. I don't know why people are saying it flakes off. It hasn't flaked at all for me. I usually put some MAC Carbon Black eyeshadow on top of it to smudge it a bit since I'm terrible at applying eyeliner in straight line. I've bought this over and over!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by therealveal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, I was really impressed with how easy it was to apply this eyeliner. I usually make these crooked little lines whenever I try to use liquid liner, but the felt tip on this was a breeze to use! The line was gorgeous. Then, I used my eyelash curler and it took the eyeliner off! What?! Seriously, you just TOUCH it and it flakes off. SO LAME, could have been awesome, but it's really just annoying.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by cabrams13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm rather surprised at all the good reviews. The color was great - after 2-3 applications. And the tip is terrible, it made it very difficult to get a precise line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by beautiflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In my mind this is just the perfect liquid eyeliner. It's a very intense, carbon black. the felt tip works amazingly. i find it's much easier to use then a brush tip. you can get a really fine line or a thick dramatic line. And, it lasts all day! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Suppie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a feeling l'oreal changed the formula of this eyeliner 2 years ago (2010). I bought my first ever liner from them around 2009 and I love how dark my carbon black eyeliner was. The color was amazing, one swipe and that's all you needed. You would get this amazing dark liner on your eyelids and it would stay put forever and ever.

I loved it so much, I bought a backup of the product in 2010, I finally got to open the new liner since the old one I had dried up. I applied the liner on today and was totally blown away on how much the quality has decreased. Not only is the liner so much lighter than the old liner I had, the staying power has decreased significantly. I use to have a good 8 hour wear to this liner (mind you my asian eyelids are super oily) when I tried this liner, I barely got 4 hours of weartime before the new formula flaked out on me.

I'm super disappointed about this because this used to be my HG eyeliner formula. I'll purchase another one of these to make sure the new one I bought wasn't a defect, but if the same thing happens to me again, I'll just have to go back to my wet n wild gel liner. I'm very disappointed in you L'oreal! Please stop changing an already amazing formula. Your customer is very unsatisfied.