November 20, 2014 | 1660 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by LashFlashingLeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wear this every time I do my makeup and have gone through two pots in a year. Considering I only wear makeup about once a week, that's a lot of eyeliner! I do a lot of heavy goth-y looks with a lot of smudged liner, hence the usage, and this is ideal for it. It is dirt cheap, smudges easily in the first half-minute or so, and then sets up so well it'll stay for hours and hours. I've used it to make clean sharp cat's eyes with equal success, if you discount my inexpert application.

Paired with the ELF primer (I like cheap stuff!) it goes for 12+ hours on me on the upper lid and easily lasts six or seven hours on the waterline despite my watery, irritable eyes. It will run/smudge a little if I cry or sweat or have an allergy attack, but less than any other I've tried. Makes a great creme base for shadows too--I like to use it under MAC Club. It creases a little for me if I use it all over the lid, however.

To those saying it dries up: this happened to me once when I failed to close it properly. The lid is pretty crappy so that's easy to do, so I'd fault the packaging. Just add a teeny drop of saline solution and give it a stir, it will come right back to life. I've had this problem with HIP liners too so I don't think it's an issue unique to this product, and given the price difference, well... let's just say I won't be buying HIP any more for black eyeliner.

Unfortunately I've tried the Eggplant shade and cannot give it the same raves :( But for the black, you will not go wrong buying this. If it dries up just revive it with some saline. Holy grail status!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

good pigmentation, texture, and application. it smudges a little but everything smudges on me. i don't love the brush for liner application but i actually like it for brow powder. after 6 months this did go somewhat dry but was easily revived with eye drops. i paid less than $3 for this at Winco and if i ever run out i'd gladly buy again.
Edit: i've been using this almost daily in the year and a half since i first wrote this review. it's become HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by xminabby

this is a good creme/gel liner. i find it very smooth and pigmented. i've tried other creme liners: mac fluidline and MUFE's aqua eyes(?) but both of those dried out :(
i've heard good things about this one so i thought i'd give it a try & if worst come to worst it was only $4 bucks (suuuper cheap)
the only thing i don't like is that i found this to smudge a bit more than fluidline and aqua eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by laurellush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't like the brush, but other than that, this is perfect. I use a different brush to apply this in my upper waterline every day (makes my eyelashes look very thick). It's the most lasting eyeliner I've ever used in my waterline--better than Make Up Forever, Urban Decay, or Smashbox. I'm always pleased to see it's still there when I check my make-up several hours after applying it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This dried out way too fast. Ive had it for 2 months and now its too dry to use.
I did like it when i bought it, but it isnt as creamy as the maybelline one.
And the color isnt superblack, its slightly gray. But it lasted all day.

Overall: I def wont buy this again, it dries too fast.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by ispiratabyblue

I hate the brush inside and the packaging, but that is just what one has to expect with such a cheap price tag. I bought this in my Stop & Shop makeup section for about five bucks. Luckily, it hasn't totally dried up and it's been several months - however I've only pulled it out occasionally. I use a Michaels small angled brush for the application, and while it looks pretty good on my waterline and it definitely lasts without smudging, it makes my eyes super red, and I've made sure that this is the product that has caused that. I didn't really feel itching or stinging, but my eyes were very red and I haven't used it since which is such a shame. It didn't even have to be set with a black eyeshadow, and normally that's what I have to do b/c my waterline is very easy to irritate & pretty watery. It lasts all day on my top lashline without any problems, but it's horrible to take off at night and I'm sure this tugging causes wrinkles. For makeup remover, I find any oil-based remover works great, such as baby oil or jojoba oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

I went to the US recently and was so psyched when my parents allowed me to go to CVS and try to find a few goodies that couldnt be purchased where I live. Sadly, however, this creme liner, for me, was a disapointment!

Im glad it worked for so many people, but for me, it smudged horribly, and my lids are not even oily (although I do have monolids)! The packaging is pretty horrible, but it was not an expensive product, so it's okay, but I was expecting a bit better from the actual liner.

The brush works fine for me, but I usually use my BB ultra fine eye liner brush for gel/creme liners. The application was very smooth and pigmented, and at first I liked it, but after an hour, I noticed some smudging on the bottom and top (towards the inner corner of my eye) and tons of fading. I've tried this a few times, and each time with the same results.

when I have some time, Ill try to work out a way to use this before it dries out and with minimal smudging...we'll see. For now, i'm still on the hunt for the perfect drugstore creme/gel liner. (I didnt like the Maybelline Eyestudio, the essence one, and the physician's formula used to be my go-to, but it suddenly began smudging, fading and flaking. no thanks. )

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by aybubs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE. i wear this eyeliner on top of a regular pencil liner and it has AMAZING staying power. 8+ hours! it is soooo black and i love it. it comes with a brush which works pretty good. the packaging is horrible. there is extra plastic. and the lid isnt really secure. i reccomend scooping it out and putting it in a pot with a more secure lid. paid like 2.99 for it. amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by pammywammy

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
best eyeliner ever! and it only costs about 3 bucks! its way better than some other higher brands !
definitely will purchase again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by missayycee

At first i got this eyeliner because i wanted to try how a gel liner really works, so i went to look for a cheap one so if i didn't like it i won't be wasting that much money. It glided on nicely nothing special about it, i liked it. I didn't like the packaging much, the plastic lid was sometimes hard to close properly. the whole pot dries up pretty quickly as well.