August 28, 2014 | 1129 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by allude8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this online and didn't check the size of this quad before purchaing. When I received it, I really felt like $22 for this was way too expensive! But after using it for a couple of weeks, I felt like $22 was justified. I've been using brow powders rather than brow pencils for over 4 years, been through a couple different brands and I must say that this is the best in terms of staying power and blendability. The texture is extremely smooth, gives you very defined and soft looking brows! I apply this with an angled brush. Love this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this from Sephora and immediately knew I would purchase a full size. I've been searching for the perfect brow filling product for a long time. I never seem to find the right shade. I also switch back and forth between pencils and powders. After trying this, I don't foresee myself trying anything else. It's about as perfect as I think I can find. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of the price. I find $22 for a tiny container to be rather steep. I almost rated this as a 4 due to the price, but since this will probably last quite awhile, it's worth the cost.

I'm very fair with dark blonde, light brown hair with some red highlights. However, my brows don't have the same red highlights and disappear into blonde past the arch. Most pencils and powders I try end up being too red for me or they look too dark as I try to match the shade to the dark portion of my brows. I purchased the ash brown compact and it's perfect. I was actually surprised that I can successfully use both the light and dark shade to create very natural looking brows. I use a slanted brush from Alima with results brows that look perfectly filled in without being harsh at all. I'm surprised at how natural they look.

Even though the light color is lighter than I often use and lighter than a portion of my brows, these shades work and look great. Somehow the dark hairs don't oddly stand out as darker, but blend in nicely. The darker shade is a spot-on match, which is what prompted me to purchase a full size.

I was disappointed to see how tiny the compact was when it arrived in the mail. Other reviewers have said that it lasts a long time, so I'm encouraged. The tiny sample has lasted me a couple of weeks now.

The staying power is great. Once I apply this, I don't have to worry about my eyebrows disappearing throughout the day like I do with other pencils, creams, and powders that I've tried in the past.

I unless I find an exact color dupe that has the same staying power for less money, I'll be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This will not wear off or leave weird splotches in brows.
It's so wonderful smooth & super workable.
I was sent a sample with an order from Sephora... all it took was one use & I had to go purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by VintagePhoto

I got this as a Sephora sample. My brows are darkish brown. The dark shade of the brunette duo is a little too light, it's obvious to me, but people say it looks natural. I heard there was a WnW dupe for this, because $22 for a duo is expensive since i would only use one side. If the WnW duo doesn't work, i will probably buy the full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far so good. Since I have this new Strawberry hair color I continue to be dissatisfied with most of my eyebrow products. The huge variety is great for my clients but did not satisfy me for this new hair color.

My eyebrows are fine -- not that sparse but definitely in need of definition.
Pencils are sometimes too dramatic for defining my eyebrows as I don't like a very defined look. Gels are ok.. but just that, ok. Most powders are too dark or too grey for me now and gels are good but sometimes messy with the heat where I live. Grr. I have this powder in various shades for clients and they work wonderfully. I just bought this shade for me to try and I am in love.

I have found a great little product in a lovely case and the contents are amazing for light/strawberry red blonde hair.

I think for now my quest is over.. at least until I re-do my haircolor..lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by FrejaValentin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am not quite sure whether I LOVE this product or am unsatisfied..
I have very light, ash blonde hair, and brow products are always too dark and/or too orange/yellow/warm and look unatural.

I saw this in Ash Blonde, and the light colour looked like just what I needed for everyday. I love the soft, fine-milled consistency, it doesn't apply "powdery", and it really lasts.

My problem is, it applies quite a bit darker than it looks in the compact, and on my finger!
I am thinking it has something to do with my eyebrows being moist from my moisturizer.. Applying shadow with wet brushes is suppose to give richer colour payoff, but it is annyoing the hell out of me, because I want the exact colour - like it shows up on my finger, when I brush it over the powder.

I am thinking I will continue to experiment with ways to make my brows super dry prior to application, because this really is a good brow product with excellent colour choices - if you're willing to spend big bucks on it. I am mostly using it as an eyeshadow now though, and saving the brow application for nights out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Cherry_blossom

My HG brow product!!!! I have the brunette color, and it looks very natural when filling in my sparse eyebrows! My best friend who is a makeup artist says my eyebrows look really natural, and that it doesn't look like I fill them in at all! I've also received many compliments how beautiful my eyebrows are (when in fact they are actually quite sparse). The staying power is also amazing. I use this with the Anastasia browwiz pencil for defining, and together, they make the perfect duo! It is definitely a staple in my makeup bag and I will not hesitate to purchase again!

***Update: Now that my hair color is back to its natural black color (it was colored brown when I wrote the review), medium ash with the taupe undertone is now a better color match than the brunette color with the red undertone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product, in my opinion, is pure useless crap, but marketing genius. I don't wear brow powder daily or even yearly, but have worn if for photos & weddings. Does not hold a candle to Shiseido's brow powder, and the darkest color of Ebony duo, has a warm undertone that may suit those with dark skins and dark brows, but not someone like me with medium-light skin and super dark brows. A good eye shadow would better than this junk. The product is too powdery and does not work well with mixing mediums.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I began using this last month and thank god because an esthetician had totally botched my brows...luckily this powder easily fills in areas, makes my brows look natural and stays put all day. I absolutely love it and since I found it when it was 50% off, I bought two more as back-ups! This is definitely my favourite brow product and I have tried more than a few!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy Grail! I've tried powders, pencils, lipink (kind of like fingernail polish) and even graphite pencils, and this is by far the best. Wish I had found it years ago. I have medium brown hair with a few tiny highlights and lots of grey (white) hair coming in. Knowing most pencils are too red or orange, I chose the ash blonde which is perfect. I almost got the medium ash, but I think it would have been too dark. I didn't try this for a long time because it is expensive and I thought it would be just another brow powder. But this Anastasia brow powder lasts a long time, does not settle in my pores, is the perfect color, and gives me great looking brows that look natural. I have sparse brows with some white and this seems to cover the white ones. I just got this two weeks ago and already purchased a second one to carry in my purse. Awesome product to replace hundreds of not-quite-good-enough brow pencils and powders.