April 16, 2014 | 1488 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sonia Kashuk - Blending Sponge

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by semor211

I like this sponge, and would have given it a 5, but I was a little disappointed in its lasting power. I haven't had mine *that* long and it's already worn out and not working like it used to. I think I will repurchase, but I'm going to try just a regular damp latex sponge first. No since in spending 10 dollars on a product that you'll have to throw out in a few months if a cheaper version works just as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used all kinds of foundation over the years, and I have tried applying it in every way possible. I've used my fingers, brushes and sponges. But I've never gotten what I would consider a perfect application every time with any method. That is, until I picked up the Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge. The one I purchased was on sale at Target for $8.99, and it was the purple sponge. I understand that SK used to carry a blue version of this sponge as well. Every woman wants to have the flawless look of airbrushed makeup, but it is so hard to get at home. Let me say that I have used airbrush foundation, and had good results. But nothing has left my face looking as soft and perfect as using liquid foundation with the SK sponge. I use the flat end to dot on my foundation, then I continue to dot to blend in. I use the pointy end to blend in the crease of my nose and under my eyes. It is so soft, and works like magic to blend foundation and concealer. You can't detect foundation when you blend properly with this sponge. It washes easily with soap and water for a quick cleanup. I am so pleased with this sponge, and I recommend that all women who wear foundation own this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by jamiesusie

I absolutely love this sponge! Its quite hard to find though now that everyone is looking for it. I had to go to two different target stores before I found it and I grabbed it like someone was about to rip it out of my hands. LoL! There were only two left, you see my point! :-) This is the best way I have found to apply my liquid foundation. Some people were saying that the Revlon Color Stay foundation dries quickly and is hard to blend, but blending it with the damp blending sponge made the task easy and effortless! It does seems to wear quickly and not all the foundation comes off the bottom. I'm not sure if the foundation is staying on the sponge or staining it cause the rinse water is clear.... I would most definately buy this sponge again and I have referred many friends to it also! I lovers it! LoL!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by kwinki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it love it love it! I bought this sponge instead of the beauty blender at my local target and even though I was a bit skeptical about it at first, after one use I fell in love. When I use this product, I use less liquid foundation and I can also use this for my EDM foundation and concealers. This sponge allows for light to full coverage and gives a nice airbrushed look. I usually clean my sponge with baby shampoo and it seems to work well, but one thing that I noticed was that the sponge seems to wear at the bottom not long after first use. This is highly recommended and I think I might go buy another one since its so easy to use and cheaper than the beauty blender.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently picked up this cute little sponge as a cheaper alternative to the BeautyBlender sponge. Also, because a few of my friends suggested I try it. I normally use MAC brushes to apply foundation, mostly the 190 and on occasion, the 187.
I recently bought Studio Sculpt foundation from MAC and tried applying it with both of those brushes and it looked HORRIBLE. Instead of giving up on the foundation altogether, I decided to try it out with this sponge. Mine is the blue color for reference that I got at the local Target.
This cute little sponge fits perfectly in my hand as I'm applying foundation. This sponge also made me love the Studio Sculpt! I find that this sponge also has a funny chemical smell, but what makeup sponge doesn't smell strange at first?
I usually just dab my foundation on with the sponge and then start buffing it in for a natural look. It's easy to blend it hard to reach places like around the nose, corners of the eye and undereye.
For $10, I'm very happy with this sponge. It's better than spending over $30 anyday for a makeup brush. I also washed it out and although most of the foundation didn't want to seem to come off (even with antibacterial hand soap) the smell did seem to go away and made the sponge more spring-y when I washed it and squeezed all the excess water out.
Would I buy again? Definitely so and I'll be picking up one for my mom for Mothers Day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I don't live near a Target, so I was devastated when I lost my Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge a little after I had purchased it. It was stuffed into a little makeup bag that I tossed into my backpack before I left my house. Somehow, between the hours I left for school and the time when I came back, I lost it. Now I am very careful not to leave my backpack opened because things can fall out easily, or it can tempt others to steal when I'm not looking -- but I sincerely hope no one had stolen my makeup. But back to the topic! Yesterday, I finally got a chance to visit Target again and I was ecstatic to find that they had one (yes, just ONE) Blending Sponge left on the shelf. I noticed that the color is now a deep purple instead of a light blue. I quickly checked the label on the container to make sure that it was a real Sonia Kashuk product and not some rip-off. After I bought it and opened it, I realized that the purple sponge is a little different. I remember that the light blue sponge was very dense and it applied my liquid foundation very evenly. It was THE perfect high-quality sponge. This new purple sponge is softer and very squeezable, just like any other cheap cosmetic sponge that I can get from the drugstore. I am so disappointed because the sponge's density was what made me love this product in the first place. The only reason why I would even repurchase this product is because of its unique shape, which fits all the contours on your face. Still, every time I use this, I get a nagging feeling that this purple sponge is not as good as its predecessor. But like the blue sponge, the purple one has that weird chemical smell too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by imsomelicious

I'm so happy I found this little gem, and mine is purple too, not the blue one. It makes my Revlon colorstay foundation look completely flawless. The sponge itself I thought would feel cheap and rough since it's half the price of the original beauty blender, but it's exactly the opposite. It's really soft. The flat side is great for the cheek and forehead and the pointed side is amazing for getting into the corners of the nose and under the eyes. The groove in the middle makes applying easy. I have nothing bad to say about this thing, love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been the hardest little thing for me to find...aside from the "unicorn"! But I finally found the purple one! Tried it out right away and wow! I can see what the raves are all about on this. I love it more then my foundation brush. They need to start making more of them so they are easier to find!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

This little purple sponge has got to be the greatest beauty purchase of the year for me. I picked up SK Blending Sponge for $9.99 at Target the other day on impulse. I am a devout mineral foundation user, but I have been really vying for a more natural 'dewy' finish that liquid foundations tend to give my skin. So, I tried it out~not expecting anything great, but I have got to say that I am impressed! This silly looking sponge applies my concealer and foundation flawlessly. I first wash, tone, and moisturize. Then I dampen the sponge, remove excess water, apply dabs of foundation on my skin, and then begin working the foundation into my face with the wider end of the sponge. I use the tip to work the concealer and foundation into the corners of my nose, around the eye area, and for more intense coverage around my cheeks. After a quick minute or so, my skin looks 100x better than it would have if I used a standard sponge, brush, or my fingers. It gives me an airbrushed look, and the foundation doesn't accentuate any dry patches I may have. I also make sure to wash it after each use with a good cleanser and allow to air dry. What a great product!!! 5 lippies!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by mayholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

great product, gives my foundation a wonderful finish. however, wastes SO MUCH foundation.. might just be because it's a sponge but i swear i use like 3-4x the foundation i normally do with a brush. i use it damp. It can be a pain to wash sometimes, if i accidentally let foundation dry on it. that aside, i'm willing to put up with it just because it makes me look so great.