April 21, 2014 | 934 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by abby119

+ decent coverage
    + unique packaging?

- heavy
    - sticky
    - HORRIBLE for oily skin
    - GLITTERY (then later mixes with facial oil which is even worse)
    - expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jessica54321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation!!! It is a medium coverage which isnt too heavy on the skin and leaves skin looking luminous with a dewy glow, without looking too 'shiny'. IT IS NOT A MATT FOUNDATION. It did not make me brake out like a lot of the MAC foundations do. MAC says it is best for dry to combination skin, I have dry skin and this foundation doesnt dry it out or irritate it, infact if anything it seems to moisturise it. The foundation gives my face a 'natural glow' kind of look if you know what I mean... the downside to this foundation is that it tends to melt off if I get hot so I wouldn't wear it in the summer, and wouldn't reccommend if you live in a hot climate. Would highly reccommend for dry skin types...this is the first foundation i've owned that doesnt dry out my skin and actually helps the condition of my skin, however if you have oily skin this product probably isn't for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Shadowline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had one of my favorite MAC Artists apply this when she did my makeup and I was very impressed. While I do have red cheeks from mild rosacea, my dry skin is otherwise very good. I really needed the luminosity since I suffer from dullness more than anything else. It was just enough coverage to even everything out after stippling a little bit of concealer over my redder areas.

I probably won't use this as a daytime or work foundation since I don't think it will play well office lighting but I do love this for an evening look. Since I regularly have 4 or 5 foundations in my rotation, I'm very happy to have one that really does brighten my skin and add a gorgeous glow. In direct sunlight; you can see the glitter particles quite clearly, it is evening and low light where this foundation really looks its best.

I didn't get the stickiness that a lot of reviewers were complaining about and I didn't even powder over it. Maybe I'm just used to Chanel's foundations which are famous for needing quite a bit of time to settle in. I'm also not prone to breakouts from products (except some rare skin care items).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie159

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation id pretty good, and unlike other mac foundations, doesnt make me break out. It goes on nicely and gives a light to medium, buildable coverage. It evens out my skintone and does make my skin look flawless. It has a subtle shimmer in it, which in some lighting can look a bit bad, but to wear on a normal day, is fine. It blends well, and makes my skin look glowy. The only problem is that it can look a bit glittery, and if you're going for the glowy look - chanel vitalumiere is the foundation to get. It gives you thatglow without a fussy shimmer. Last quite a long time, but does tend to go patchy after a long day. Would but again as its a light coverage foundation, particularly to wear in the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by mackiesmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation in the summer - i think the all over shimmer is more appropriate in the warmer months. Don't get me wrong, it's very subtle shimmer. No issues with it - it's just ok for me. Pretty sheer coverage.
    I have super dry skin and wanted to try something thicker and creamier, so I switched.
    Color match is good - I'm an NC37, Asian for reference and used with a paddle foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by minarashid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the coverage can be built up
    the small shimmers in it highlight the highest points in ur face
    the packaging is just WOW, u get the amount u need (2 pumps for me)
    i use a stippling brush and it looks flawless.
    it is kinda sticky and smells like play dough but it is not something i cant stand. it was a total of 35 in CAD

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went to the MAC store to try this out, I was matched to NW45 and I asked for a sample, which I have been using on and off for about 2 weeks now and i must admit , I liked it when I initially put it on but in a matter of hours since I am seriously oily I started to look like a shiny disco ball I could see the glitter literally on my face and i so wanted to like it!!!! I still wear it, but still havent found anything to take the shiny edge off..........therfore I didnt rate it too low.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by BlaiddDrwg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that i am extremely disappointed with this product!
    I asked for a foundation that would work good with dry skin, and while it doesn't dry out or anything, its not woohoo-moisturizing.
    Besides that, the coverage is horrible. Its really fluid, so i automatically end up putting on a lot of product, without any result.
    And then the worst thing: It glitters!
    I know its minerals, but no foundation should sparkle that much! I didn't notice this in the store, but when i tried putting some on my hand in the sunlight, damn, you'd think i was half vampire.

It was however much lighter than other NC15 foundations, which is great, but it doesn't make up for the fact that it left me uncovered, sparkling like someone had poured glitter over me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Sunkisseddreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't like it.. the foundation is so hard to blend and it makes my skin look a little flaky.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ivana01

pro's: comes with a pump, great choice in colours, decent coverage, nice sheer to medium finish, not too pricey, doesn't oxidize. con's: feels sticky when applied, shimmery, sweats off, melts off in heat and humidity, too oily and the worst bit is the next morning it makes you break out like crazy so not recommended and will never buy again.