Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

3.8

100% silica

on 12/3/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Bite the bullet and finally bought this. Iíve recent switch from powder foundation (BeneFit Hello Flawless) to BB cream recently (Missha), and needed a powder to set it. Iíve tried E.L.F. which claims to be a dup of this, well...E.L.F powder isnít as finely milled, and I didnít like the feeling on my face when wearing it.

So, I went to Sephora and asked for a sample of MUFE HD Powder. It took me over a week to figure out how to wear it without having a ghostly cast on my NW25 skintone. Now I got it down pad. I only really need very little powder for the whole face. I pour little powder on my back of my hand, blend it with my index finger until the powder nearly disappears, then use a fluffy power blush to pick it up, fluff onto my face. Donít worry, although you canít see the powder, it is there on the blush.
This method sets my BB cream beautifully without being too matte and it lasts all day without a single touch up (Iím not into a completely matte face, and I have dry skin).

I will re-purchase it when I run out, but at this rate Iím not sure when I will need to!

Just a great product! I use Estťe Lauder Double Wear foundation and this powder sets it and I can go all day without needing to reapply.

on 11/17/2012 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I saved up my pennies to buy this because it's really hyped up. It blends my makeup LIKE A DREAM, but I don't see a difference in the staying power of my makeup unfortunately :(

on 11/14/2012 9:43:00 PM

yuck. a sales person from sephora suggested I get this so my skin would look matte in my wedding photos, and I fell for the hype that only expensive high end brands will photograph well. I bought this in white (translucent) and I absolutely hate it.

1. it helps make my skin a little matte, but not totally. my forehead and nose are still a little shiny after application, no matter what I do.

2. if you have even the slightest bit of dry or peeling skin, this will highlight it and make it show up like a beacon.

3. the texture was awful. I couldn't stand to touch my face after I put this on. it feels like cornstarch.

I have been using a loose powder by an inexpensive drugstore brand since the 90's. that stuff does everything I want it to do, plus provides a sheer bit of coverage. I will never stray from that brand again.

I know a 1-star review is a bit harsh, but considering how expensive this was, it should be a whole lot better.

on 11/13/2012 2:58:00 AM

Ohhhhh man I love this stuff! I have the HD foundation (also a HG for me) but this really helps it stick all day long. I took other reviewers' advice and apply a little bit before my foundation, then set it again. I work long days, and this keeps my makeup in place for 14 hours! I have a really shiny forehead (especially at the end of a long day) and this also keeps that in check so I'm just a bit glowy, but nothing outrageous. It IS quite pricey, but you also use so little that I think its fine. My HD foundation, for instance, is pricey too but I buy it once every 8 months, so not a big issue.

on 11/9/2012 9:29:00 PM

I read mixed review on this so I wanted to try it for myself. I applied it to set my BB Cream and well I'm in the love it catalogue. My skin has not gotten oily yet as I'm writing this after i had dinner and was sweating like crazy and now my makeup still looks fresh. It's so nice still i don't want to wash my face yet.lol I will though but honestly this powder is lovely. It gives me a smooth finish,controls oil, and I don't look ghostly at all but I'm a NW-15 so I'm pretty light.
My skin is soft and I'm very happy with this powder. It's something I can really see myself using this Winter.

on 11/7/2012 1:37:00 PM

hate it, i got this as a gift and ended up giving it away. it deceased my concealer coverage, it is too white on foundation, it DOES NOT blend, it shows on the skin like mad. i dont understand y so many love this product

on 11/3/2012 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I wanted to like this powder, i really did. Its so silky feeling it seems like it should be as magical as it feels. But I am over the hype of silky feeling products because i now know that silicone based products may feel silky but it doesn't mean they work for your makeup needs. truthfully this product intimidates me because I never know what its going to do to different foundations. as a professional makeup artist i have several different foundations i use on different people on any given day and i avoid this powder like the plague because sometimes its beautiful with a foundation and sometimes it totally ruins it. silicone is not compatible with all products, its just not. they play nice with some and look beautiful, and with others its like mixing oil and water. just make sure you test it at the counter with whatever you are using first. its not full proof for sure. I bought a jar of this powder 3 years ago and i cant' bring myself to toss it because it was so expensive i'm waiting to find the perfectly compatible foundation to use it with. i know its out there! (oh who am i kidding. i should just toss it and quit tripping over it in the makeup trailer!)

on 10/24/2012 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this. I have really oily skin and use this to set my makeup and retouch during the day. It doesn't change the color of my makeup or look dry and cakey like many powders do. Bit expensive but it lasts a while and IMO is worth it. I wish the powder sifter was one of those ones that could be shut when it is closed so if I am travelling with it, it doesn't make a big mess when I open the lid.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This powder is great! I use it as a primer for bareminerals and dust a little on as a setting powder. It absorbs oil pretty well and doesn't change te color or foundation or skin color. It feels so luxurious, which is maybe why it cost so much. However, it will last you a looooong time. Doesn't clog pores or irritate my skin. I am generally very sensitive and acne prone.

Don't let the price keep you from trying this powder out, it really is worth it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials